Letter of Recommendation (from CC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

holycow86

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applying to optometry school!

I went to a community college for 2 years where I did most of my prerequisites and transferred to a university (just finished my first year at university, going into my senior year). I haven’t be able to connect with my science professors at my university, so I wanted to get some opinions/thoughts/experiences on getting a LOR from a community college professor?

The professor I have in mind has a PhD, would that be equal to a university professor?
 
Wait that matters? I took physics (1 and 2) at a cc and my professor submitted the LOR within a day of me sending the link... meanwhile my university prof hasn't replied to my email for a month lol

I don't think it matters... it's a prof that knows you well in the science field then why not
 
Wait that matters? I took physics (1 and 2) at a cc and my professor submitted the LOR within a day of me sending the link... meanwhile my university prof hasn't replied to my email for a month lol

I don't think it matters... it's a prof that knows you well in the science field then why not

Yeah I don’t think it should matter! It should just come down to a science professor that can speak well on your behalf. But I just saw other posts talking about LORs from university professors and that got me worried lol
 
I used a LOR from a CC course. Wasn't mentioned as an issue at any of my interviews. Don't worry about it.