letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, I am mentally preparing myself for 2011, june application cycle. Since I have landed two very late interviews and not sure what I will get. My question is my LOR are available in interfolio, is it o.k. to mail it to myself. The reason is, I have doubt some may not be very strong. So I want to choose well for next cycle. Is it ethically right thing to do.

Members don't see this ad.

Never used interfolio so I didn't know you can mail the letters to yourself. I always thought the recommender use the interfolio system and send the letter to the school for you (after you give the recommender the name of the school/the school's address). But enough with my ignorance.

I think you shouldn't send the letters to yourself even if you can do so. The main reason being that your recommender might find out after he/she logs on to the intefolio system. (But maybe I have this point completely wrong too).

Hey sch,

Funny, I just saw your post on the El Paso thread. I got an interview invite there today... but much like you, I'm prepping myself for another application cycle.

I wouldn't do the interfolio thing... out of curiosity though, are you using the same LORs from the last cycle for this new cycle or are you getting a new Committee Letter? For anyone else who knows about this, is it necessary to get a new letter or can we just use the same one from last time (I have it saved on Interfolio).

Sorry to mildly hi-jack your thread sch, I guess we're in a similar boat though heading into this summer lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Never used interfolio so I didn't know you can mail the letters to yourself. I always thought the recommender use the interfolio system and send the letter to the school for you (after you give the recommender the name of the school/the school's address). But enough with my ignorance.

I think you shouldn't send the letters to yourself even if you can do so. The main reason being that your recommender might find out after he/she logs on to the intefolio system. (But maybe I have this point completely wrong too).

Thanks, for giving useful advice. It cannot be done anyways. More so It is not the right thing to do.

Hey sch,

Funny, I just saw your post on the El Paso thread. I got an interview invite there today... but much like you, I'm prepping myself for another application cycle.

I wouldn't do the interfolio thing... out of curiosity though, are you using the same LORs from the last cycle for this new cycle or are you getting a new Committee Letter? For anyone else who knows about this, is it necessary to get a new letter or can we just use the same one from last time (I have it saved on Interfolio).

Sorry to mildly hi-jack your thread sch, I guess we're in a similar boat though heading into this summer lol.

Congratulation, and there is still some hope. I am planning to use the same LOR. Yes seems like we have a simillar situation, but let us keep our positive outlook as we have done so far. I applied late, transmitted 9/26. It probably hurt the most.

Indeed! I wish the very best to both of us during this process... be sure to keep us updated on your plans!

And I also was transmitted on 9/26, haha.

Don't give up Sch! I know your hard work is going to pay off!!! You will succeed :thumbup: