Letters of Intent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rachmoninov3

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know what goes into a letter of intent? All I can think of is:

'You are my first choice school, I have no other medical schools before you...'

You know, maybe I can stretch the idea into a paragraph, but that's really stretching it, and I sorta think it's not Kosher to write a letter that is anything less than three paragraphs. Anyone know how to write one of these?
 
Explain why you would be a good fit at the school. Explain why the school would be a good fit for you. What is it about the school that appeals to you? What is it about you that should appeal to the school? Be specific. Somewhere in there put, "If accepted, I will attend School X." Other people will say stuff like "Should I be offered a position I will immediately withdraw my application to other schools and matriculate at School X." I say forget that (except I liberally pepper that with expletives). Make it simple. That's the beef - don't convolute it. Say what you mean; make it easy to read and visually appealing.
my 2¢.