Letters of intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iliketoytles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering when a good time would be to send out letters of interest. For example... I haven't heard a word back from any of the TX schools I applied to. I'd like to send an email to the admissions director at all the TX schools on why they should invite me for an interview! TX schools stop sending invites around December... but I'd like to get in on time for their prematch (November 15th I believe).

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

You may want to send a Letter of Interest, since it is very early for a formal Letter of Intent and you haven't even interviewed there yet. Yes, these are two different things, btw.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah yes, that's what I meant.

So is it common for people who haven't interviewed to send a letter of interest (in email form)??? Has anyone done it before?

Ah yes, that's what I meant.

So is it common for people who haven't interviewed to send a letter of interest (in email form)??? Has anyone done it before?

I wouldn't say its common per se, but I don't think it would necessarily hurt you. Just don't come off as a pest and hound them with letters, phone calls, and updates. Everything in moderation, as they say.

I was wondering when a good time would be to send out letters of interest. For example... I haven't heard a word back from any of the TX schools I applied to. I'd like to send an email to the admissions director at all the TX schools on why they should invite me for an interview! TX schools stop sending invites around December... but I'd like to get in on time for their prematch (November 15th I believe).

Any ideas?

a snail-mailed letter certainly wouldn't hurt. they would simply place it in your file and run through it as the committee member sits on your app.