Letters of Interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dorkycat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Is there a link or a past thread that can help me with writing letters of interest to some of my schools? I haven't heard from a couple of them and just wanted to remind them that I'm still waiting. Also, is email or snail mail better for this sort of thing?

Thanks and best of luck,
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

dorkycat said:
Hey Everyone,

Is there a link or a past thread that can help me with writing letters of interest to some of my schools? I haven't heard from a couple of them and just wanted to remind them that I'm still waiting. Also, is email or snail mail better for this sort of thing?

Thanks and best of luck,
:confused:

to be honest, you may want to hold off on some letters. first, u need to call the schools first before u take the next step. some schools (i.e. SUNY-brooklyn) do NOT accept letters of interest (or even update letters) or anything else that is not required for the application.

letters of interest are usually written when you've already heard from a school. for example, if you get put into the interview pool, then a letter may actually help you get an interview.

when i called uvm, they told me NOT to send a letter of interest because they are already backed up as it is and were telling everyone that called not to send anything extra.

theunderdog said:
to be honest, you may want to hold off on some letters. first, u need to call the schools first before u take the next step. some schools (i.e. SUNY-brooklyn) do NOT accept letters of interest (or even update letters) or anything else that is not required for the application.

There are two schools that I have been trying to get in contact with, since I have not heard anything from them yet. I have left several messages. I understand that they're busy, but wouldn't it just be easier for me to send an e-mail rather than keep calling?

Duchess said:

There are two schools that I have been trying to get in contact with, since I have not heard anything from them yet. I have left several messages. I understand that they're busy, but wouldn't it just be easier for me to send an e-mail rather than keep calling?

which schools?