Jan 31, 2018
Hello! I am trying to prepare everything possible and was wondering if DO schools accept letters of recommendation from doctors of podiatry. I have been scribing for about a year and one of the physicians I worked with was a DPM who could give me a glowing recommendation. I was also wondering about if letters of recommendation are looked down upon if they are from a professor that taught me online. It would be a science letter if that makes a difference. thank you for the help!

Doc_Ock

First Aid is life
5+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2014
East Coast
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hello! I am trying to prepare everything possible and was wondering if DO schools accept letters of recommendation from doctors of podiatry. I have been scribing for about a year and one of the physicians I worked with was a DPM who could give me a glowing recommendation. I was also wondering about if letters of recommendation are looked down upon if they are from a professor that taught me online. It would be a science letter if that makes a difference. thank you for the help!

Don’t make either of them your primary letter. A DPM is a weird choice (imagine applying to dental school win a red letter from a physical therapist). It just looks odd to an adcom. An online letter they will likely take, but again that isn’t really putting your best foot forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

futurexray

7+ Year Member
May 14, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student
Some schools take a limited number of letters, don't waste the space if you are going to over a limit for a school.

About the Ads

Osminog

2+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2017
Pacific Ocean
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hello! I am trying to prepare everything possible and was wondering if DO schools accept letters of recommendation from doctors of podiatry. I have been scribing for about a year and one of the physicians I worked with was a DPM who could give me a glowing recommendation.

It should be OK, but only if he writes it from the perspective of an employer/boss. He can't write a physician LoR for you, because he's not a DO or MD.

I was also wondering about if letters of recommendation are looked down upon if they are from a professor that taught me online. It would be a science letter if that makes a difference. thank you for the help!

It's hard for a professor to get you know you just through online interactions. You're much better off getting an LoR from an instructor who taught you in a physical classroom.

dj-Roomba

2+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am a nontrad and had one letter from a professor of an online ochem I took through UNE. Only one school chose not to accept that letter.

The other letters I had from two physicians I worked for and one from the nurse manager were all very strong. I think that made up for the lack of strong professor LORs

Jan 31, 2018
thank you all! would it be strange to have LOR from non-science professors or a professor I did research with even though the research was technically psychology.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.