Life Sciences class vs Biological Sciences class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamStars

Reaction score
So I'm trying to take a probability and statistics class this semester. My college offers a lot of versions for this class geared toward different career paths. The two I'm looking at registering for is one for the life sciences and one for the biological sciences. The life sciences class is considerably easier than the biological sciences class (200 level vs 300 level) so I was wondering if med schools care that I choose the easier class.

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't matter at all! They won't question why you took one and not the other as long as you took stats. Any stats class will prepare you for the MCAT and med school. For example at my school there is a different stats class for each major (psyc has a class called psyc stats (300 level) and bio majors take biostatistics (300 level) there is another a general STAT 101 course from the math department) and they all cover the same general equations and information. I took the 100 level and the 300 level psyc one and it's the same. My friend took the bio one and it was nearly identical.