Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

Started by chilon09
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year when I applied, they kept telling me: "the admissions committee should meet next week". Then when I would call two weeks later, there was always a reason why they hadn't met yet. They didn't end up actually meeting until January.
 
I was told by an admissions officer that the committee usually makes their decision quickly (they meet biweekly) and that they should have a decision for me this week. Fingers crossed!

LMU-PMSP Fall 2012
 
Hello all... I applied 10/17 for this program. I hadn't heard anything so I emailed Dr. Stump last Tuesday. He said the committee will be meeting after Thanksgiving and then it may take another week or two after that before they have anything final. So... It might be a little while!
 
I emailed Dr.Stump last week he said we would know this week. . But it sounds like it will not be until a few more weeks since he told you that.
 
Just got the email accepted well a conditional acceptance. Have to take the MCAT before school starts but I'm all ready studying so I'm good
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't yet but I plan on taking it in March, is anybody going to do the Kaplan prep that LMU offers?[/QUOTE

I already took the mcat but i am retaking it in january. So if we maintain over a 3.0 in the program does that lead to acceptance to the DO program?
 
I haven't yet but I plan on taking it in March, is anybody going to do the Kaplan prep that LMU offers?[/QUOTE

I already took the mcat but i am retaking it in january. So if we maintain over a 3.0 in the program does that lead to acceptance to the DO program?

From the people I have talked to in the program. Most people that do well in the program interview in Nov-Jan and get in the program.
 
Congrats to everybody on their acceptance!

I am currently in the program. We have not had our DCOM interviews yet, but we're supposed to have them in January. According to people from last year's class, all but 4 or 5 people in the program were accepted to DCOM. I believe there was 20 something total students in the class.
 
Got in! But conditional acceptance. 🙁 Gotta take a class to meet the requirement and I"m slightly freaking out because the classes are filling up everywhere.

Anyone attending for sure?

Also, I heard all but 5 got into the program last year...as long as we maintain a 3.0 gpa, does that mean we get in for sure?
 
Got in! But conditional acceptance. 🙁 Gotta take a class to meet the requirement and I"m slightly freaking out because the classes are filling up everywhere.

Anyone attending for sure?

Also, I heard all but 5 got into the program last year...as long as we maintain a 3.0 gpa, does that mean we get in for sure?

I'm going for sure!
 
Got in! But conditional acceptance. 🙁 Gotta take a class to meet the requirement and I"m slightly freaking out because the classes are filling up everywhere.

Anyone attending for sure?

Also, I heard all but 5 got into the program last year...as long as we maintain a 3.0 gpa, does that mean we get in for sure?

From what I understand you are guaranteed an interview but you are NOT guaranteed a spot in the program. You also have to have a decent MCAT score.

I am retaking the MCAT in the spring.
 
From what I understand you are guaranteed an interview but you are NOT guaranteed a spot in the program. You also have to have a decent MCAT score.

I am retaking the MCAT in the spring.
Thats exactly how it is =)---- you have to do well in your classes and have a good MCAT score (preferably around 24-according to their admission's staff). Last year some students got in with 19s, so this 24 isn't set in stone. Good luck to you all =)
 
Guys feel free to join our Facebook group even if you create your own. This facebook group contains most of last year students, and us from the current year =) with other 1st year medical students. This is a good way to begin getting to know some of the people you will meet at DCOM.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/128398037236394/
Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I just got an email today saying that I was accepted. I am really excited. I have heard nothing but good things about DCOM and the PMSP. So I am pretty set on attending this Fall. I look forward to meeting you all.
 
Have you taken the MCAT yet? I am taking it in April and then I'm thinking about applying during school. What about you?

Yep, I took it 2x (May 2010, Jan 2011) so I'm done. The only "hold-up" is me completing the chem class I"m enrolled in with higher than C-...and I just got an interview at their med school so if I don't get in then probably LMU-DCOM mpsp for sure (I'm not getting my hopes up though about the acceptance though Im happy I got a chance to interview!)
 
One of you should make a Facebook group and join the current year's group(dna8577 posted the link above). You will be more likely to get your questions answered on Facebook rather than here.

Congrats to those accepted thus far and good luck to those applying!
 
I just got accepted into this program last week! I'm definitely going and pretty excited about it. Just have to take an organic chem class before the program starts in July. I know some medical programs will accept a biochem credit in place of organic II. Does anyone know if LMU does that? I'm currently taking a biochem class and I sent Dr. Stump an email inquiring about this but haven't heard anything back yet.
 
I got some feedback from the school and thought I'd share the answer here in case anyone else had the same question. DCOM does not accept biochem courses for an organic credit. I was told that this online organic course would be sufficient. This site also offers other online science courses if any of you are also needing to replace a credit for your conditional acceptances!

http://www.une.edu/com/online/organic2/index.cfm
 
I got some feedback from the school and thought I'd share the answer here in case anyone else had the same question. DCOM does not accept biochem courses for an organic credit. I was told that this online organic course would be sufficient. This site also offers other online science courses if any of you are also needing to replace a credit for your conditional acceptances!

http://www.une.edu/com/online/organic2/index.cfm

awesome! Thanks! Looks like we'll be classmates next year! 🙂
 
It's been a great ride for the post-bacs in 2011-2012.
I can tell you that we've learned A LOT of anatomy, especially those of us who took MGA and are now taking Neuro (both are medical classes) and are also doing full body dissections (groups of 2).

it's a great program and a great medical school with a family-like atmosphere.
I'm glad I turned down other schools in bigger cities to come here (helped me study a lot more).

Good luck to the upcoming post-bacs. Don't be afraid to ask us (2011/2012 postbacs) questions if you see us around DCOM (at least those of us who are accepted to class of 2016 DCOM). We're all pretty friendly and hope the next group of post-bacs all make it to DCOM as class of 2017.
 
So I am having a hard time finding the curriculum of the LMU-DCOM Post Bac Program as well as the cost. In fact can someone let me know the answers to these questions:
*Number of seats in the Post Bac Program?
*What are the conditions? (i.e. have a 3.0 and get an interview, have a 3.5 and get accepted???)
*Courses that you take?
*Total cost of tuition?
*Are Federal loans available?

Thanks everyone!
 
So I am having a hard time finding the curriculum of the LMU-DCOM Post Bac Program as well as the cost. In fact can someone let me know the answers to these questions:
*Number of seats in the Post Bac Program?
*What are the conditions? (i.e. have a 3.0 and get an interview, have a 3.5 and get accepted???)
*Courses that you take?
*Total cost of tuition?
*Are Federal loans available?

Thanks everyone!

I've been told there's about 25 seats in the program. And here's links to some of the other questions:

Curriculum: http://www.lmunet.edu/academics/pmsp/curriculum.shtml

Tuition: http://www.lmunet.edu/academics/pmsp/tuition.shtml
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of the good things about the program is that the coordinators and DCOM are always looking to improve the program. Like I said, 17 of us (out of 28) took both Medical Gross Anatomy and Neuroanatomy. A few of us who already had good grades in some pre-med classes, were allowed to take MBA classes in the spring since we were interested in doing the dual D.O/MBA program.

You're guaranteed an interview in January. Acceptance is based on how well you do in Medical gross anatomy, undergrad classes taken at LMU, recommendation letters, and MCAT. The average MCAT for the school was 24, so if you're within a few points, you're fine as long as you do well in classes at LMU/DCOM.
You will get a scholarship (probably 3-5k from the school) and federal undergraduate student loans (17-18k) for the post-bac program.

This was my own schedule if it helps you any:

Fall 2011:
Medical Gross Anatomy & Lab 8.5 credits
Spanish for Healthcare Professionals 3 credits
Molecular Genetics 3 credits

Spring 2012:
Neuroanatomy (another medical class at DCOM), 3 credits
Health Law/Ethics (MBA class), 3 credits
Immunology, 3 credits
Medical Gross Anatomy Dissection, 3 credits, but 15-20 hours of dissection work a week
Medical Terminology, 3 credits.

Keep in mind, you CAN choose what classes you can take, but Dr. Stump and Dr. J will recommend you take whatever class you did not have or were weak in college.

Hope this helps.
 
One of the good things about the program is that the coordinators and DCOM are always looking to improve the program. Like I said, 17 of us (out of 28) took both Medical Gross Anatomy and Neuroanatomy. A few of us who already had good grades in some pre-med classes, were allowed to take MBA classes in the spring since we were interested in doing the dual D.O/MBA program.

You're guaranteed an interview in January. Acceptance is based on how well you do in Medical gross anatomy, undergrad classes taken at LMU, recommendation letters, and MCAT. The average MCAT for the school was 24, so if you're within a few points, you're fine as long as you do well in classes at LMU/DCOM.
You will get a scholarship (probably 3-5k from the school) and federal undergraduate student loans (17-18k) for the post-bac program.

This was my own schedule if it helps you any:

Fall 2011:
Medical Gross Anatomy & Lab 8.5 credits
Spanish for Healthcare Professionals 3 credits
Molecular Genetics 3 credits

Spring 2012:
Neuroanatomy (another medical class at DCOM), 3 credits
Health Law/Ethics (MBA class), 3 credits
Immunology, 3 credits
Medical Gross Anatomy Dissection, 3 credits, but 15-20 hours of dissection work a week
Medical Terminology, 3 credits.

Keep in mind, you CAN choose what classes you can take, but Dr. Stump and Dr. J will recommend you take whatever class you did not have or were weak in college.

Hope this helps.

Solid reply, thanks for the information.
 
If you're comparing the different post-bac and 1 year master programs, you should choose the programs that allow you to take ACTUAL medical classes.
Getting credit for medical classes so that you do not have to retake them again if accepted into the school is a huge advantage when entering that medical school.
You will eventually find out that taking undergraduate biomedical classes is nothing close to the real medical classes.