Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

Started by chilon09
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I recommend bein there a week before orientation. Just so you can finish all the shopping and setting up furnitures, etc. it's not too much fun to start school and realize that you still have to buy and set up stuff or sleep without a mattress.
 
I recommend bein there a week before orientation. Just so you can finish all the shopping and setting up furnitures, etc. it's not too much fun to start school and realize that you still have to buy and set up stuff or sleep without a mattress.

Would you recommend the furniture place in middelsboro? The name escapes be right now but I saw signs when I was at LMU looking around
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
still trying to decide. I don't want to be there super early and be bored out of my mind. Probably July 16ish.

I'm not sure of the exact date but I'll probably be moving there around that date too. I have until July 17th to move out of my current place, so I'll probably load everything into a uhaul and head down to Harrogate the next day.

But first thing is first, still have to find a place to live down there haha
 
I'm not sure of the exact date but I'll probably be moving there around that date too. I have until July 17th to move out of my current place, so I'll probably load everything into a uhaul and head down to Harrogate the next day.

But first thing is first, still have to find a place to live down there haha

yeah living situation was too daunting so I just sucked it up and decided to go with the U Inn the first year.
 
in terms of books for anatomy. People are saying Rohen's + Netter's is the way to go. Do PMSP students have that deal where they get Netter's with SOMA signup or are we not allowed to do that?
 
Got my email from Dr. Stump about what courses they want me to take. anyone else?

looks like I'm going to be taking:

Medical Gross Anatomy
Biochemistry I
Molecular Genetics

kinda scared about biochem!
 
Got my email from Dr. Stump about what courses they want me to take. anyone else?

looks like I'm going to be taking:

Medical Gross Anatomy
Biochemistry I
Molecular Genetics

kinda scared about biochem!

Those are the same ones recommended for me this fall. I was in a biochem class this past semester but I was forced to drop the class after the first exam because apparently I was missing a pre-req for it. But if the class at LMU is like the one I took, the concepts aren't hard to grasp its just a lot of tiny details. Should make for a fun fall line up of classes haha
 
Good morning PMSPers,
This is my first post so greetings to all and I look forward to meeting you this summer. I received my email from Dr. Stump as well yesterday.
MGA
Biochem I
Medical Spanish
 
Hey guys!
Just found out about my acceptance yesterday! Now I need to find a place to live. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Anyone looking for a roommate? Thanks!
 
Those are the same ones recommended for me this fall. I was in a biochem class this past semester but I was forced to drop the class after the first exam because apparently I was missing a pre-req for it. But if the class at LMU is like the one I took, the concepts aren't hard to grasp its just a lot of tiny details. Should make for a fun fall line up of classes haha

yeah i took biochem over the summer and all i remember is ...memorizing the krebs cycle...every single intermediate. DEAR GOD.

🙂
 
Got my email from Dr. Stump about what courses they want me to take. anyone else?

looks like I'm going to be taking:

Medical Gross Anatomy
Biochemistry I
Molecular Genetics

kinda scared about biochem!

Biochem will be the least of your worries. The LMU undergrad isn't exactly top notch, so if you went to a respectable school and have made it this far.. you'll be just fine.
 
Dr. Stump said he recommended waiting until December to submit the med school application so that it would have the first semester of the post-bacc grades on it. Is that the route most of the post-baccs take or should I go ahead and apply now?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Keep your options open. I applied to 10+ schools during the cycle and there were a lot of other people who applied to multiple schools as well. They don't frown upon it.

Commenting on what Dr. Stump said, If you're applying to other schools, I'd recommend getting your application in ASAP and you can update your transcript when grades are released. A few of the schools i applied to sent me emails saying they wanted to see the first semester grades from the program before they granted me an interview. At least I was in the system and they knew who I was. but if you're applying only to LMU make sure it's done and complete before the interview in jan.
 
I just got accepted to the school this past week and I am wondering about the city. Is it a college town atmosphere, where to live etc? Any details would be nice. Thanks
 
Harrogate is about as far from a college town as you can get. The only thing in the town is LMU and a few restaurants. Even if your from a decent sized city or even went to a big undergrad its going to be a huge change. There's not a whole lot going on in the area in terms of entertainment. With that being said it's a great place to study
 
Thank you for the response. Its just that my girlfriend is coming with me and I gotta find something for her to do while I study all day
 
Thank you for the response. Its just that my girlfriend is coming with me and I gotta find something for her to do while I study all day

I'd recommend for her to start job searching/ enroll for classes at LMU/ find some new hobbies soon for her Own sanity. I couldn't imagine living in Harrogate with nothing to do.

But for housing I would check the classifieds section at dcomdo.com students/landlords post rental properties that are available.
 
When you guys applied to DCOM from the program, did you guys wait to turn in the secondary application or did you have it filled out and turned in immediately after the primary was verified?
 
When you guys applied to DCOM from the program, did you guys wait to turn in the secondary application or did you have it filled out and turned in immediately after the primary was verified?

Hello =),
In my case I submitted my primary around a month after I started the program. I used Thanksgivings break to finish up and turn in the secondary making sure it was taken care of and ready for my interview before I went home for Christmas. Study really hard and do not waste too much time on applications during the semester, but make sure it is in before Christmas break. They will not interview you if the paperwork isn't ready. The best of luck to you all. We will be there to help you through this important stept in your way to becoming a doctor =)
 
Hello =),
In my case I submitted my primary around a month after I started the program. I used Thanksgivings break to finish up and turn in the secondary making sure it was taken care of and ready for my interview before I went home for Christmas. Study really hard and do not waste too much time on applications during the semester, but make sure it is in before Christmas break. They will not interview you if the paperwork isn't ready. The best of luck to you all. We will be there to help you through this important stept in your way to becoming a doctor =)
Did you get accepted into their med school? And did you find the program helpful?
 
Did you get accepted into their med school? And did you find the program helpful?

Yes I got accepted and for someone like me who did not have a science background it was extremely helpful. I really think it gave me a solid base to begin first year on the right foot.🙂
 
I handed my secondary in to the admissions office about a week before the interview and I was accepted.. But if you turn it in before winter break it's one less thing to worry about
 
hmm okay.

And how did you guys put in the med school classes onto your AACOMAS primary? Just as post-bacc?

thank you!

This is what I included in my AACOMAS. I did not include the classes for spring because I did not know which classes I was going to take. I hope it helps.

Fall 2011 Status: Planned/In Progress Type: Semester Level: Undergraduate
LINCOLN MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY * PB REL 310 Comparative Religion Other Non-Science 3.0 None
LINCOLN MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY * PB DOSYS 701 Medical Gross Anatomy Bio/Zoology 8.5 None
LINCOLN MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY * PB Biol 315 Molecular genetics Bio/Zoology 3.0 None
 
This is what I included in my AACOMAS. I did not include the classes for spring because I did not know which classes I was going to take. I hope it helps.

Fall 2011 Status: Planned/In Progress Type: Semester Level: Undergraduate
LINCOLN MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY * PB REL 310 Comparative Religion Other Non-Science 3.0 None
LINCOLN MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY * PB DOSYS 701 Medical Gross Anatomy Bio/Zoology 8.5 None
LINCOLN MEMORIAL UNIVERSITY * PB Biol 315 Molecular genetics Bio/Zoology 3.0 None

perfect! THANK YOU! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is anyone living in the quiet housing on campus? does anyone know how much it is per month ? i called the housing office but no one answered
 
Did anybody just get an email about going to a New Student Registration and that we are required to attend?
 
The email was sent out by accident if you got it call admissions to have your name/email taken off the list. Anybody know if we have a "dress code" for MGA lecture. My fiancé in the PA program has to dress business casual for every class and no street clothes until after 5 at DCOM.

Scrubs for lab of course
 
dress code is business casual until 4pm, no scrubs in study rooms or lecture rooms.
 
hello,

what banks are close by DCOM? Anyone recommend one? I remember going for my interview but I don't recall seeing any that seemed familiar...
 
hello,

what banks are close by DCOM? Anyone recommend one? I remember going for my interview but I don't recall seeing any that seemed familiar...


Just driving through town
1. Commercial Bank
2. Home Federal Bank
3. First century bank
4. Citizens bank

Middelsboro has 3-4 more banks. A lot of people in the PA program including my fiancé use PNC bank. There is one right on the other side of the tunnel and they are more "national" than the the other ones in middelsboro or the ones in Harrogate.
 
Has anybody not heard what classes they are supposed to take? I feel like I am the only one but maybe that's just my excitement/paranoia?
 
Has anybody not heard what classes they are supposed to take? I feel like I am the only one but maybe that's just my excitement/paranoia?

I would check in to see why you haven't heard. Dr. Stump said in the email that they would send schedules to everyone that had paid the deposit. I can't remember if there were any other things that needed to be done before you could receive a class list.
 
Damn Spam Filter- Dr. Stump sent the schedule on the 5/7/12 but my Spam filter blocked him out for some reason.

For the fall
Medical Gross Anatomy
Biochemistry I
Molecular Genetics

For the Spring (could change deepening on grade in MGA)

Biochemistry II
Immunology
Microbiology
Medical Terminology
 
Has anyone received information about orientation? His email said they would be mailing out that info at the end of May but I haven't received anything yet. I moved out of my apartment and I'm not 100% that all of my mail is being forward to my current address, so I wanted to check in with you guys.
 
Has anyone received information about orientation? His email said they would be mailing out that info at the end of May but I haven't received anything yet. I moved out of my apartment and I'm not 100% that all of my mail is being forward to my current address, so I wanted to check in with you guys.

I haven't and I talked with him today
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When is everyone moving to the bustling metropolis of Harrogate?

I'm actually moving about half of my stuff into my place this weekend. But the furniture I just bought can't be delivered to Harrogate until July 16th, so I won't be staying unless I decide I want to sleep on the floor for a month haha.
 
I'm actually moving about half of my stuff into my place this weekend. But the furniture I just bought can't be delivered to Harrogate until July 16th, so I won't be staying unless I decide I want to sleep on the floor for a month haha.


I have been here sine May because my fiance is in the PA program. Dear lord I am bored of Harrogate/Middelsboro