Aug 8, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello everyone,

I am a New York resident and this upcoming year i will be graduating. I am studying for the DAT and taking it in October. I am aiming for a 21-22 AA on the DAT.

What schools should i consider applying to and what are my chances? I am applying up to 15 schools and i don't care applying to schools in the west coast.

Info will be listed below:

Overall GPA: 3.31
Science: 3.17
DAT: TBD

By the time i graduate, My OGPA will be about 3.44 and my science would be about 3.34.

What I participated in so far:
1) 350 volunteer hours (Will be more by the time i graduate)
2) 100 shadowing hours
3) RA experience (semester long)
4) Vice President of the Pre-dental club
5) Free private tutoring for a semester long
6) Worked in retail during college for about 5 months
7) Attended many dental school impression programs

SmileItsLife

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello everyone,

I am a New York resident and this upcoming year i will be graduating. I am studying for the DAT and taking it in October. I am aiming for a 21-22 AA on the DAT.

What schools should i consider applying to and what are my chances? I am applying up to 15 schools and i don't care applying to schools in the west coast.

Info will be listed below:

Overall GPA: 3.31
Science: 3.17
DAT: TBD

By the time i graduate, My OGPA will be about 3.44 and my science would be about 3.34.

What I participated in so far:
1) 350 volunteer hours (Will be more by the time i graduate)
2) 100 shadowing hours
3) RA experience (semester long)
4) Vice President of the Pre-dental club
5) Free private tutoring for a semester long
6) Worked in retail during college for about 5 months
7) Attended many dental school impression programs
Have you already applied? Or are applying this June 2018?

Im asking because I don't know many people who have taken the DAT October.

About the Ads

Illumident

2+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2016
Status
Dental Student
You do have a chance at applying to dental school with your GPA. That said, it's hard to say how well you will do in the application process and which schools you should apply to without having your DAT score. The higher you can score on the DAT, the better your chances are.

OP
D
Aug 8, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Lets say i do end up with a 22 AA on the DAT and My Ogpa is a 3.44 and sgpa is a 3.34. I have listed 15 schools below and want your opinion

Touro
UBuffalo
NYU
Columbia
Rutgers
Tufts
Boston
Maryland
Howard
UNLV
Western
Louisville
Arizona School of Dentistry
East Carolina University
Roseman University

OP
D
Aug 8, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
You do have a chance at applying to dental school with your GPA. That said, it's hard to say how well you will do in the application process and which schools you should apply to without having your DAT score. The higher you can score on the DAT, the better your chances are.

plusalpha

2+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Lets say i do end up with a 22 AA on the DAT and My Ogpa is a 3.44 and sgpa is a 3.34. I have listed 15 schools below and want your opinion

Touro
UBuffalo
NYU
Columbia
Rutgers
Tufts
Boston
Maryland
Howard
UNLV
Western
Louisville
Arizona School of Dentistry
East Carolina University
Roseman University
Columbia may be a bit of a reach. Also, ECU is very OOS-unfriendly... I wouldn't apply there.

OP
D
Aug 8, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
You have a better shot there than Columbia and Rutgers. Definitely apply to Stony...you never know what could happen
By the way, i forgot to mention i have no research experience so do i even have a chance with Stony Brook? Do you know anyone who got an interview or acceptance that have similar stats and experience?

Axiomatician

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Just FYI, you can't "raise" your GPA after you apply. The GPA you apply with is what the dental schools see.

Sent from my Lenovo YB1-X90F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Savjohnson
About the Ads