Listing Awards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goran

procrastination ends now
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you put down awards like AP Scholar with Distinction on your AMCAS application? They are technically awarded for merit in high school, but are presented while you are already in college.

Members don't see this ad.

Goran said:
Would you put down awards like AP Scholar with Distinction on your AMCAS application? They are technically awarded for merit in high school, but are presented while you are already in college.

I was advised not to put anything from high school. I was President of the school and a National Merit Scholar, but didn't include either, much less any AP or other distinction. But it didn't hurt me... my college ECs stood on their own.

Glorify those.

Hey, thanks. I have other awards and activities in college, but I also have spaces left over. I'm not sure whether it's better to list National Merit and AP awards, or leave those spaces blank. Any other thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you just filling out your primary now??? :eek: :eek:

Flopotomist said:
Are you just filling out your primary now??? :eek: :eek:

No, I'm just a dork preparing for June, since I'm going abroad this spring :) I'm looking through the app. to see if I have any questions, so I can ask my advisor before I leave.

Thanks for your advice everyone.

In that case, you have until June to do something worthy of putting down if you feel you need more ECs. Good luck!

Flopotomist said:
In that case, you have until June to do something worthy of putting down if you feel you need more ECs. Good luck!

I don't think I need more ECs. I just don't have enough things to fill up all 15 spaces, more like 9 or 10.

Good luck to you this year :)

Goran said:
I don't think I need more ECs. I just don't have enough things to fill up all 15 spaces, more like 9 or 10.

Good luck to you this year :)

I only had like 10 or 11. I didn't worry about filling out 15 things.