Listing Other Applied to Dental Schools on Secondary Apps...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crhoody12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious question...

I am filling out the secondary application for UNLV and on page 3 it asks the question "Please list other dental schools you have applied to:"

Now in all honesty, I have applied to 16 schools this cycle and a wide range from Penn, Columbia (very far stretch, Pa resident) to Temple, NYU, Howard, Case, etc. Should I list all 16, just a hand full, other schools on similar level as UNLV, or ?

One other question now that I look at the secondary. There are additional information sections in the application too. Would it be wise to fill these out as well with added information? Most info I assume would already be in your AADSAS/Personal Statement. Would/does it look bad to leave these blank? Or try to add something and make it a stretch (and look bad upon you)?

ex. UNLV - Please attach an additional sheet to explain any extenuating circumstances or provide the admissions committee with additional information that may be useful in evaluating your credentials.
ex. Creighton - Please state if there is anything of particular importance that the Admissions Committee should know about you

Members don't see this ad.

I listed all 16 of the schols i applied to and still got an interview which I declined...but still, i dont think it matters. If you ever recieved a bad grade or have a couple of W's onyour script then these spaces would be good places to give a small explanation. I had one W during the semester I got married for example and just put that in. Maybe some rewards or family memebers who went to the school. List some quick things that gets their attention, even if it is on AADSAS. It will get them to put you in the yes pile.

Curious question...

I am filling out the secondary application for UNLV and on page 3 it asks the question "Please list other dental schools you have applied to:"

Now in all honesty, I have applied to 16 schools this cycle and a wide range from Penn, Columbia (very far stretch, Pa resident) to Temple, NYU, Howard, Case, etc. Should I list all 16, just a hand full, other schools on similar level as UNLV, or ?

One other question now that I look at the secondary. There are additional information sections in the application too. Would it be wise to fill these out as well with added information? Most info I assume would already be in your AADSAS/Personal Statement. Would/does it look bad to leave these blank? Or try to add something and make it a stretch (and look bad upon you)?

ex. UNLV - Please attach an additional sheet to explain any extenuating circumstances or provide the admissions committee with additional information that may be useful in evaluating your credentials.
ex. Creighton - Please state if there is anything of particular importance that the Admissions Committee should know about you

I listed a handful of the schools I applied to (maybe 5 or so) and put "among others" at the end.

If you aren't going to list all of them, you should at least indicate that there are other schools that you applied to. It's all part of that "honesty" thing.