-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LIU C/O 2026
Started by hanoverianredmare
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Could others who interviewed please give me tips for MMI format? What to expect, tips, honestly any info/ advice would be appreciated 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oreosandmillet
Full Member
You're not really supposed to give too much info on it to keep it fair. But the way it was last year is basically theres about 5 people per time slot. Dr inzana greets everyone then you get split into individual rooms on zoom with one faculty at a time. Each faculty has a scenerio/question for you. You get a few minutes to read then a few minutes to respond. If you finish before time they will ask you follow up questions or just chit chat with you until everyone else is done. Then they send u to another room. At the end u all join back in again . And then thats it.Could others who interviewed please give me tips for MMI format? What to expect, tips, honestly any info/ advice would be appreciated 🙂
Daisy705
Full Member
Does anyone know if they have their class statistics posted anywhere? I realize the school has not been open that long but all of the other schools I applied to usually had something to give a general idea from previous years of how many people applied compared to how many were accepted and what average GPAs looked like. I mainly am just curious to know what the normal acceptance rate is and could not find it on their website.
Nope, I wasn’t able to find any posted stats at allDoes anyone know if they have their class statistics posted anywhere? I realize the school has not been open that long but all of the other schools I applied to usually had something to give a general idea from previous years of how many people applied compared to how many were accepted and what average GPAs looked like. I mainly am just curious to know what the normal acceptance rate is and could not find it on their website.
I’m gonna assume even past 2 years stats wouldn’t be helpful since I think each year there are more and more applicants. So this years prob has been the most like all schools, but it’s even more for this one compared to its previous years 🙃 Still hoping for good news tho😂
dogsandcoffee
PennVet c/o 2026
Long Island University | Veterinary Medical School Admission Requirements stats are under acceptance data!Does anyone know if they have their class statistics posted anywhere? I realize the school has not been open that long but all of the other schools I applied to usually had something to give a general idea from previous years of how many people applied compared to how many were accepted and what average GPAs looked like. I mainly am just curious to know what the normal acceptance rate is and could not find it on their website.
So I saw on LIUCVM’s Instagram that they are celebrating everyone’s acceptances. Does this mean they already have a full seated class? Curious because they still have more interviews coming up
That’s how they did it last year. The last interviews were basically for a waitlist positionSo I saw on LIUCVM’s Instagram that they are celebrating everyone’s acceptances. Does this mean they already have a full seated class? Curious because they still have more interviews coming up
olivekitty
Full Member
I’m confused because I interviewed in the first round and haven’t received any further communication. Does this mean I was waitlisted as well? Hopefully this Instagram post is only for those accepted early!
Maybe you and others who interviewed already but haven’t heard back could ask admissions if you’ll be hearing back soon or if you are on a waitlist for more clarification?I’m confused because I interviewed in the first round and haven’t received any further communication. Does this mean I was waitlisted as well? Hopefully this Instagram post is only for those accepted early!
Oh darn I interviewed in early January 😑. Kinda wish they’d tell us our position before celebrating and leave us in limbo.
I know a lot of people got acceptances last week but is there a second round of acceptances that goes out usually?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you want to know for sure, email and ask when you could expect to hear about a decision if you interviewed already. I know last year they had sent enough to offers to fill the class and some extras before the last round of interviews and I’m not 100% but j believe nothing went out after until the April 15 for more acceptances
It says first round of acceptance letters, there is still time!So I saw on LIUCVM’s Instagram that they are celebrating everyone’s acceptances. Does this mean they already have a full seated class? Curious because they still have more interviews coming up
Thanks for asking. I wish they’d tell us that or something, but I get it…I guess lolI reached out to admissions and they said the rest of the decisions will be released in the first week of March...the wait continues haha
Their communication needs helpThanks for asking. I wish they’d tell us that or something, but I get it…I guess lol
Oreosandmillet
Full Member
Yall need to breath. All schools send out more acceptances than seats because half the people go elsewhere.
Oreosandmillet
Full Member
They accepted people up until first week of classesIf you want to know for sure, email and ask when you could expect to hear about a decision if you interviewed already. I know last year they had sent enough to offers to fill the class and some extras before the last round of interviews and I’m not 100% but j believe nothing went out after until the April 15 for more acceptances
That’s because people end up declining their spots. I was speaking more in reference to the initial offers.They accepted people up until first week of classes
danceswithwolves
New Member
Has anyone heard anything lately?
Nope🙃 I’m hoping for end of feb or beginning of march maybe, but I’m not really expecting anything too soonHas anyone heard anything lately?
Interviewed on 01/17 and haven't heard anything yet.Has anyone heard anything lately?
Hey they made a Facebook page for those accepted into the class of 2026! Official LIU College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2026
Did anyone do the information session today? I’m wondering what it was like, I signed up for the 16th🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did! It was just an introduction to some of the faculty and then small break out rooms with a current student. Lasted an hour.Did anyone do the information session today? I’m wondering what it was like, I signed up for the 16th🙂
Kaneko180012
Full Member
Anybody still waiting for interview invites from LIU at this point? After going through this thread, I frantically searched my spam for a potential invite, but my spam gets deleted automatically every 30d so if I received one in December like many of you had... too late now! I've been too scared to call the school to inquire haha
I'm still waiting on signs of life from them, whether that's an interview invite or rejection.Anybody still waiting for interview invites from LIU at this point? After going through this thread, I frantically searched my spam for a potential invite, but my spam gets deleted automatically every 30d so if I received one in December like many of you had... too late now! I've been too scared to call the school to inquire haha
danceswithwolves
New Member
Unfortunately I believe that the last group of interviews are happening either this week or next, so the invites might be done. However, I actually got invited to interview literally the day before my interview date in January. Since its so late in the cycle and pretty much every other school has been in contact in some way, I would definitely reach out to them for a status update especially because their emails tend to go to spam.Anybody still waiting for interview invites from LIU at this point? After going through this thread, I frantically searched my spam for a potential invite, but my spam gets deleted automatically every 30d so if I received one in December like many of you had... too late now! I've been too scared to call the school to inquire haha
If it makes you feel better, they texted me to check my spam when I didn’t respond to my interview request. So they probby would have called/texted you.Anybody still waiting for interview invites from LIU at this point? After going through this thread, I frantically searched my spam for a potential invite, but my spam gets deleted automatically every 30d so if I received one in December like many of you had... too late now! I've been too scared to call the school to inquire haha
Unfortunately I believe that the last group of interviews are happening either this week or next, so the invites might be done. However, I actually got invited to interview literally the day before my interview date in January. Since its so late in the cycle and pretty much every other school has been in contact in some way, I would definitely reach out to them for a status update especially because their emails tend to go to spam.
Someone on Facebook said they are doing some interviews on 02/21.
Kaneko180012
Full Member
That is actually really helpful information. Thank you!If it makes you feel better, they texted me to check my spam when I didn’t respond to my interview request. So they probby would have called/texted you.
I emailed them and they said they’re still reviewing applications and will let us know by the end of the month.Anybody still waiting for interview invites from LIU at this point? After going through this thread, I frantically searched my spam for a potential invite, but my spam gets deleted automatically every 30d so if I received one in December like many of you had... too late now! I've been too scared to call the school to inquire haha
I have my interview tomorrow and I am super nervous. Any last minute advice? How did you all feel about your interview?
Oh wow, didn’t realize they were still doing interviews, good luck!!! I would say it was pretty good. It was my first interview so it was a little shaky for me. The professors were nice, they did ask questions about my responses and even about my experience if I used that in my responses. I would look up general vet MMI questions. I don’t want to be too specific, but I only studied a small bit and the questions to me weren’t too surprising. 2 min to read the question and think about my response was def enough time.I have my interview tomorrow and I am super nervous. Any last minute advice? How did you all feel about your interview?
You’re gonna crush it!!!
Ahh Thank you! That makes me feel a little bit better, the MMI aspect of it is getting me worried. I believe this is the last round of interviews, but could be wrong.Oh wow, didn’t realize they were still doing interviews, good luck!!! I would say it was pretty good. It was my first interview so it was a little shaky for me. The professors were nice, they did ask questions about my responses and even about my experience if I used that in my responses. I would look up general vet MMI questions. I don’t want to be too specific, but I only studied a small bit and the questions to me weren’t too surprising. 2 min to read the question and think about my response was def enough time.
You’re gonna crush it!!!
When I had my interview in January it went by very quickly! All of the interviewers are very nice and they give you enough time to think of an answer.Ahh Thank you! That makes me feel a little bit better, the MMI aspect of it is getting me worried. I believe this is the last round of interviews, but could be wrong.
Last edited:
Just finished mine, it wasn't too bad. They said it was the last round of interviews if anyone was curious. Now we wait...
danceswithwolves
New Member
Congrats to everyone who did their interviews yesterday!!! Now is the official final stretch of anticipation ahhh!!!
Kaneko180012
Full Member
Last interviews were yesterday. Just got a rejection email a minute ago (I had not been offered an interview). 🙁 Gl to those who interviewed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted, OOS applicant!
Waitlist OOS as well 🙁
Eringriffin0208
Full Member
Waitlisted. Will be removing myself for better options.
Does anyone know if April 15th is the next time waitlisted applicants will hear back? Or do we get any updates before than too?
OOS waitlist. I already accepted my seat to Ohio state tho!