You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LIU c/o 2027
Started by yelenaMV
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i haven’t seen one but i made one. it’s called LIU CVM Class of 2027!is there a facebook group for the new class?
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
i haven’t seen one but i made one. it’s called LIU CVM Class of 2027!
Nice! Hopefully most of the accepted people who are taking their seats join so we have an idea of how many are left!!! 🙂
Edit: you should share the page on the APVMA page so more ppl join!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
I’m getting nervous🙁
Same. I’m gonna email them to see if there have been changes to the admissions timeline.
Update: I emailed them and will let you guys know their response.
Last edited:
I just got an email saying that they’ve completed MMI for this cycle. It seems as though if you didn’t get one (me included), then that’s it for this cycle!
Best of luck on your other applications!
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
I feel like this email is bad news ugh
I don’t see why it would be bad news. I think they’ve just been getting a lot of calls and e-mails about the admissions timeline and so they sent an update to everyone?
i think OP just meant it’s bad news as in it’s a rejectionI don’t see why it would be bad news. I think they’ve just been getting a lot of calls and e-mails about the admissions timeline and so they sent an update to everyone?
I received this email as well and have not interviewed. good luck to all those who have interviewed and are waiting for a decision! to those accepted congrats and i am exited to embark on the vet school journey with y’all this coming fall!
Did other people who interviewed get this email? I had my interview but haven’t heard anything since… and this last sentence “Once again, thank you for your interest in our program, and wishing you all the best with your future career paths.” Makes me feel like there’s a rejection on the way
liagonzalez
Full Member
I think it truly is just a general email, I got an acceptance and still received this vague email. I think they sent it out just as an update for everyone to know where they were at in the admissions process.
Did other people who interviewed get this email? I had my interview but haven’t heard anything since… and this last sentence “Once again, thank you for your interest in our program, and wishing you all the best with your future career paths.” Makes me feel like there’s a rejection on the way
I interviewed and I got the email. I think everyone did. I wouldn’t worry about it I think they just worded it that way since it went to every applicant including ones who were not offered an interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
zoeyandjaxon308
New Member
Does anyone know if LIU requires final transcripts from this semester to be sent to them for accepted students?
So have there only been two batches of acceptances so far? I wish decisions would just come out at once.
runningwithriley
Full Member
Yes, only those two.So have there only been two batches of acceptances so far? I wish decisions would just come out at once.
I am going to decline my seat as well. Hopefully this will help some of you !!
276dvmtrack
Full Member
I’m also declining my seat as I got in somewhere else!! Wishing you guys the best !!
As a current 3rd year LIU student, "rolling admissions" means that they often will keep a group of students waitlisted until they hear back from all students in the last round of acceptances, so if you are waitlisted, definitely do not lose hope. I believe the current plan is for there to be another round of interviews occurring in March sometime with another round of acceptances then as well once they hear back from the students that have already been accepted. I know its a long waiting game that can be frustrating, this process has been getting better each year but is still not perfect, just takes some time to get the most efficient process. If anyone has any questions, either about the program or admissions, I'd be more than happy to answer 🙂
DVMHopeful2027
Full Member
The email they sent to all applicants stated they have concluded MMIs
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
I have a feeling we’ll hear back in March tbh
runningwithriley
Full Member
I said that to my Mom yesterday lolI have a feeling we’ll hear back in March tbh
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
is there going to be an accepted students day?
cclements612
Full Member
Does anyone know how many acceptances they've released so far?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There have not been in-person accepted students days in previous years. We have previously done Zoom meetings so you can meet some of the professors/deans/current students, which we are in the process of planning. We are trying to plan an accepted students day in person but unsure if that will happen this year. Otherwise, you can schedule on LIU's website to see the campus or reach out to current students if you have questions!is there going to be an accepted students day?
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
Does anyone know how many acceptances they've released so far?
Idk how many acceptances so far but there’s only 15 people on the FB page rn
liagonzalez
Full Member
got confirmation of an accepted student day! Was told it is on april 1st!
zoeyandjaxon308
New Member
Is anyone else who has/is trying to accept their offer having difficulty with activating their account? It keeps telling me my SSN and DOB can't be found.
Erinn Hewett
New Member
Where did you hear this?got confirmation of an accepted student day! Was told it is on april 1st!
liagonzalez
Full Member
I emailed them and they responded with that!Where did you hear this?
I had this problem last year. I recommend contacting either the person that sent you your acceptance letter or Dana Friedman. If you have any issues feel free to PM me as I’m a first year at LIU.Is anyone else who has/is trying to accept their offer having difficulty with activating their account? It keeps telling me my SSN and DOB can't be found.
Has anyone reached out recently about when the next round of acceptances will be?
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
They said we’ll hear in March so probably within the next couple weeks
Is there anywhere we can go to check our applicant status or should we just be waiting and expecting an email? Thanks!
Is there anywhere we can go to check our applicant status or should we just be waiting and expecting an email? Thanks!
nope! there’s no portal. Just have to wait 🥲
So are we feeling like we will hear soon🙁 just got my second waitlist and I’m losing hopeView attachment 365372
They just replied to me about the application timeline, it doesn’t really help much [emoji53] I know it’s frustrating but hang in there. Honestly calling seems like the best option because they didn’t really answer my questions
Hmm.. when do they send that email? It is early March alreadySo are we feeling like we will hear soon🙁 just got my second waitlist and I’m losing hope
They sent it 2/14Hmm.. when do they send that email? It is early March already
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
runningwithriley
Full Member
Are you saying they sent out all acceptances?They sent it 2/14
Are you saying they sent out all acceptances?
I’d like to know this too.
runningwithriley
Full Member
Ah ok thanks 🙂. My guess is that they are trying to figure out how many more acceptances to send based on the amount of people who are accepting the first offers they sent out. Best of luck to all of us!No I’m just confused why nobody has heard anything yet
BiodegradableThoughts
Full Member
Ah ok thanks 🙂. My guess is that they are trying to figure out how many more acceptances to send based on the amount of people who are accepting the first offers they sent out. Best of luck to all of us!
I agree with this. Someone said that in the past they have waited to see how many people accept offers from the first waves and then they use that info to send out the final wave of acceptances. So far there’s only 25 people in the LIU-CVM Facebook page, so it seems like there’s still a lot of seats open!!