-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LMU c/o 2020 applicants
Started by bigreddog
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Waitlisted
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been waitlisted, too. Now more waiting :/ but at least it isn't a rejection. I, too, am curious if they just put everyone on the waitlist or they just haven't sent out rejection notices yet.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Wait listed also. I wonder if they wait list everyone..
Waitlisted as well. Does anyone know how far into the waitlist they go? From what someone said earlier, they don't rank the waitlist, they meet on a weekly basis or so and make decisions on applicants at that time.
I'm not sure, I'de really like to call and find out more but they said to refrain from doing that... Idk if that now means I have to start thinking about re-applying places or what... Perhaps they sent out all the wait list notifications today and the denials will be within the next couple days? I'll be very discouraged if they wait listed 300 peopleWaitlisted as well. Does anyone know how far into the waitlist they go? From what someone said earlier, they don't rank the waitlist, they meet on a weekly basis or so and make decisions on applicants at that time.
I was accepted this past weekend but will be accepting a spot elsewhere so hopefully one of you will get my spot!! Just emailed Genell to decline.
I am on the wait list as well congrats on making it this far everyone! Let's hope we all get seats
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does anyone know how long they give you to say yes or no once offered a seat if it's after the April 15 deadline
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The deadline is April 15.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Yes but you can be be notified until classes start in August so how long do they give people to accept a seat after that deadline
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
The hard deadline is April 15. They should have a full class by that day. The reason why they can call into August is if someone in the class suddenly has to decline. Medical reason, deployment, etc. So something happens between being accepted in April and starting school in August where they can no longer attend school. My mom was friends with a lady who was accepted to med school but had to decline her seat a week before classes started because she got deployed.Yes but you can be be notified until classes start in August so how long do they give people to accept a seat after that deadline
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Oh sorry I understand what you are saying now. I'm not sure about that. Although, I'm sure they would want to know your decisions STAT in that situation.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Ok thanks for the input. Hopefully we will all be offered seats before then
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My daughter received a phone call yesterday....ACCEPTED! However, her IS also said YES! She is declining her 2020 seat at LMU. I thought I would let everyone know they continue to call with acceptance, and many will be declining. I believe the wait list at LMU will move faster (and deeper) than most. Good luck to all!
Does anyone know how long they give you to say yes or no once offered a seat if it's after the April 15 deadline
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Probably a few days.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
WAITLISTED! However, I was wondering if everyone who was not accepted got WAITLISTED. Is there some way to find out? Any current LMU students keeping up with this thread and could help out?
Waitlisted
No 🙁
I guess as we get more towards the deadline people will decline their seats
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So I just met some people that got interviews and got rejected from Lincoln. So at least they didn't wait list 300 people. [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you for sharing that with us. That makes me feel a lot better.So I just met some people that got interviews and got rejected from Lincoln. So at least they didn't wait list 300 people. [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
That makes me feel better too... I would just really like to know how many of us got wait listedThank you for sharing that with us. That makes me feel a lot better.
I wonder if they would discourage asking about the amount of people on the wait list
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks for the update and congratulations on getting into yourI IS school!Hey guys, don't lose hope! I got a call today. I was accepted off of the waitlist. I will be declining my seat to attend my IS school. I sincerely hope one of you gets my spot! Good luck!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is $1,200, but they said we get it back as a credit to our tuition for first semester.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I know lmu students don't do their clinicals there. How does that work again? Is it similar to the Carib schools (3 years there then the 4 year at another school?)
Our clinical year is distributed, not at another school. We have clinical affiliates (look on vetmed.lmunet.edu under clinical sites) that we do rotations with. The big hubs are Lexington, KY, Harrogate, and Knoxville, TN. We have core and electives rotations that are customizable (like for specialty core, I can do 1 equine and 1 small animal since I'm equine focused where as someone small animal would do 2 small animal, etc). It gives us a lot of flexibility to "track" unofficially.I know lmu students don't do their clinicals there. How does that work again? Is it similar to the Carib schools (3 years there then the 4 year at another school?)
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Has anyone moved off the wait list lately or heard how full the class is ? I have been fighting the urge to call and see how full the class is and how many people are wait listed
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I just got a call! I've been accepted!
I am sure they will be giving more calls as students are making their final decisions. Good luck, everybody!!! Rooting for y'all!
I am sure they will be giving more calls as students are making their final decisions. Good luck, everybody!!! Rooting for y'all!
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing some of your stats?I just got a call! I've been accepted!
I am sure they will be giving more calls as students are making their final decisions. Good luck, everybody!!! Rooting for y'all!
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing some of your stats?
Thank you so much!!! Y'all are next! 🙂
No problem! I was pretty average, I think.
GPA 3.65
GRE 305 (150-something in both Q and V)
Hours: 750 at time of application, mostly small animal
Did you get in at any other schools smithy?
No ma'am. I interviewed at Auburn University but was not accepted this year.
These last few days before and after the deadline are going to be agony. I have been checking my email obsessively and I jump when my phone rings. [emoji16]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me, too! This is ridiculous! I am so ready to know my fate...These last few days before and after the deadline are going to be agony. I have been checking my email obsessively and I jump when my phone rings. [emoji16]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks for telling us and congrats!!Hey guys! Today I gave up my seat to go to a school that was a better fit for me. For those of you still on the wait list have hope and good luck!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile