-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LMU c/o 2020 applicants
Started by bigreddog
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Well even if they are we can still hope for wait list. No one has been rejected yet so I'm trying to stay positive. Maybe the people making calls have the weekend off.
I am a first year at LMU currently and if it helps last year only a few of our classmates were called while the rest received letters in the mail. I really don't know if this has changed for this year though! Good Luck to those of you still waiting!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a first year at LMU currently and if it helps last year only a few of our classmates were called while the rest received letters in the mail. I really don't know if this has changed for this year though! Good Luck to those of you still waiting!
Do you mean like snail mail or email
Snail mailDo you mean like snail mail or email
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Ok thanks!!
Genell said in her last email that everyone will get an email with their status. I am not sure if accepted students will also get phone calls, but they will definitely get a large envelope in their mailbox! I am hoping we hear within the next few days!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I hope so too this waiting is too much. the mail man is going to think I'm crazy lol
so the email said we would have a decision by March, but you all don't think that means by March 1st? I was thinking we would have a decision by today
When I called early February, she said they would have decisions out between late February and early March. I took early March to mean that it could be as late as the 12th, but no later than that.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Isn't the deadline for all of the schools March 15. I thought that was the last day they can tell us if we got in.
Oh it is?? Where did you see that?Isn't the deadline for all of the schools March 15. I thought that was the last day they can tell us if we got in.
I don't think that is an official deadline, but most schools adhere by it since that gives students a month to send in acceptances and declines by the April 15 deadline
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Isn't the deadline for all of the schools March 15. I thought that was the last day they can tell us if we got in.
The deadline to claim a seat at any school that offers you one is actually April 15th, if that's what you're referring to. Usually this is when calling off of waitlists starts.
I thought that was a vmcas deadline so all of the schools that use their process had until March 15 to notify the applicants. I think that I had a packet from my interview that said that I will check when I get home and post if I find it for sure.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe it is just a recommendation. I'm not sure.
I thought that was a vmcas deadline so all of the schools that use their process had until March 15 to notify the applicants. I think that I had a packet from my interview that said that I will check when I get home and post if I find it for sure.
I think that's a flexible deadline but anyone is welcome to correct me if they can find it. My IS hasn't even finished interviewing yet, and will be going through the 7th. I don't think turnaround could possibly be that quick to sift through 120 applicants.
I can't find where they have to tell us by the 15th. I guess it is just a recommendation. Sorry.
Does anyone know if they tell you a wait list position
They do not rank their waitlist. They meet weekly to decide on the applicants to earn the opening slots.Does anyone know if they tell you a wait list position
I hope not!
I received an acceptance letter today, and a call last week. I do not know if they mailed all acceptance letters at the same time or not.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Is it obnoxious to call and check? Lol I want to know if I'm hoping for a wait list or acceptance
if you do call ask if all accepted students get a phone call! Lol, I'm hoping it's just some that do? IdkIs it obnoxious to call and check? Lol I want to know if I'm hoping for a wait list or acceptance
I would call, but I already called a couple of weeks ago. Please do!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
A student got on and said that only some did last year.if you do call ask if all accepted students get a phone call! Lol, I'm hoping it's just some that do? Idk
It's not obnoxious to call. I'm sure plenty of people are calling. I just called 2 weeks ago and was told I'd know in two weeks soo idk hopefully we will all know soon.Is it obnoxious to call and check? Lol I want to know if I'm hoping for a wait list or acceptance
I will post what they tell me if I call. I have a review tomorrow and may not have time.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If there are any male students that will be looking for a roommate pm me. For those of you who are current students, do you have any tips concerning housing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To call them and check am I supposed to call genell directly or is there a more general number
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I just call the number for Genell
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Ok I called and they said that the dean likes to make the calls if he can but not everyone will be called everyone will get an email. They also said it should be this week but it may be into next week that everyone gets the final decisions.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks for the update!!Ok I called and they said that the dean likes to make the calls if he can but not everyone will be called everyone will get an email. They also said it should be this week but it may be into next week that everyone gets the final decisions.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Anyone else getting super nervous and anxious? I've seen so many people accepted already. Starting to feel more pessimistic than optimistic.
I feel the exact same way! It just seems like there can't be too many open spots left. I mean, so many people on SDN have been accepted... There's no telling how many people have been accepted that don't use this site! It's terrifying.
I feel the exact same way! It just seems like there can't be too many open spots left. I mean, so many people on SDN have been accepted... There's no telling how many people have been accepted that don't use this site! It's terrifying.
Where have you been accepted at already? I noticed you are from North Carolina; I am as well.
I'm starting to feel the same way. We can still hope for wait list. Remember they have a much higher turnover from the wait list than other schools
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm starting to feel the same way. We can still hope for wait list. Remember they have a much higher turnover from the wait list than other schools
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I am not completely sure about this. I have talked to many students, myself included and LMU is their first choice.
I'm not saying people don't want to go there. I'm saying some people will get into IS schools and go there for the cost.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Where have you been accepted at already? I noticed you are from North Carolina; I am as well.
Auburn University. You? I assume you applied to NCSU as well?
Auburn University. You? I assume you applied to NCSU as well?
That is great. I actually did not apply to NCSU.
That is great. I actually did not apply to NCSU.
Oh! Well good luck with everything! Hopefully we'll all hear something soon.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got one. Wait listed
I just recieved an email stating that I was waitlisted for LMU. Not the exciting news I was hoping to hear but not completely devastating news.
Of course they didn't state how many students were waitlisted or how many were ahead of me, etc.
Waitlist.. I wonder how many students are on the waitlist.