LMU c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Lizard1313 I haven't put everything together so here's the short version!

Female, 27 years old, Georgia Resident, 2nd-time applicant
B.S. in Biology, B.A. in Hispanic Studies
M.S. in Animal Science

Cum GPA: 3.42
Science GPA: 3.24
Last 45 3.58

GRE: 162 V/157 Q/4.5

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will be content if at least one of you regular posters here from the waitlist actually gets a spot because then my faith will be restored that there's still a chance haha

Reactions: 11 users
Accepted off the waitlist today at 7:08pm but I'll be going to a different school. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 7 users
Hello! I have been creepily stalking this forum for almost a year. I was accepted off the waitlist at 7:10 pm this evening. I am from about an hour away, so LMU was really the only choice to stay close to my family. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! I literally cried like I was demented. I just wanted to say that there is still hope, and you guys have been my sanity for the past few months. I honestly had almost given up hope. Also, ghostcat, you are hilarious. I have literally snorted milk out of my nose after reading your posts. Good luck everyone. I sincerely hope everyone on here and waiting to hear get in soon.

Reactions: 15 users
Hello! I have been creepily stalking this forum for almost a year. I was accepted off the waitlist at 7:10 pm this evening. I am from about an hour away, so LMU was really the only choice to stay close to my family. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! I literally cried like I was demented. I just wanted to say that there is still hope, and you guys have been my sanity for the past few months. I honestly had almost given up hope. Also, ghostcat, you are hilarious. I have literally snorted milk out of my nose after reading your posts. Good luck everyone. I sincerely hope everyone on here and waiting to hear get in soon.

I'm going to put on my tinfoil hat and say that it's either 2 things:

1. They gave everyone a waitlist (or denial) to buy more time and then have the real acceptances come out next week

OR

2. The people who got accepted don't use this forum and therefore cannot tell us their results.

Seeing how this is all going down, I feel like there are hundreds of people on the waitlist because if you think about how many people were interviewing, there was at least 150+ people there (enough to fill the whole auditorium where they gave the lecture). And there was about 10 interview dates? That's a lot of people... There was just such a huge pool that maybe those that got accepted aren't here to tell us and we are just a small sample size that is part of the waitlist population.

At this point, I'm expecting to be at least 3rd or 4th string pick, maybe even 5th haha

My suspicions were confirmed when I said that people who got accepted probably didn't use this forum!!!

tumblr_mnd6qy7oLR1rc2i08o1_500.gif

Anyways. I'll be your comedic relief for the time being y'all.

I just got pulled off the waitlist for Okstate, so I will be removing my name from the class for LMU. Hopes that helps someone!

Reactions: 4 users
Someone just posted they got off the waitlist for LMU on the waitlist 2022 thread! Looks like they’re starting to send emails again.

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck everyone! Hopefully you guys will hear something in the next few minutes if they're sending out emails again!

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand their reasoning behind not ranking the waitlist, but I really wish they would. I think it would make it easier on them and us. It sucks not knowing where we stand on the list or what our chances are, especially when trying to make plans for next year.

Reactions: 9 users
It's crazy that last year they all got an email a couple days after the due date that their was no status change and that the class was filling up fast ...it seems different this year? At least I hope lol

Officially declined my seat, hope it goes to one of you lovelies tomorrow! :)

Reactions: 6 users

Hi! I too have just been like obsessively watching these pages without posting anything but got an email this afternoon that I was accepted!!!!!! :) also way too excited!! Also cried! Can't wait to be classmates!!!! Also, for anyone still waiting I understand your pain! I was waitlisted last year to LMU and waited ALL summer just hoping for something to move (but I had way less experience than I do now) so don't give up or lose hope! Reapplying is not fun but just remember the end goal. LMU is also really good at sending email updates so it gives you a mini heart attack each time but they always had "no status change" in the subject line and it kept you somewhat updated on where things were at. They seem to have had an admissions change this year so maybe things will be different but nonetheless I am hoping for you all to hear great news!!!

Hi! I too have just been like obsessively watching these pages without posting anything but got an email this afternoon that I was accepted!!!!!! :) also way too excited!! Also cried! Can't wait to be classmates!!!! Also, for anyone still waiting I understand your pain! I was waitlisted last year to LMU and waited ALL summer just hoping for something to move (but I had way less experience than I do now) so don't give up or lose hope! Reapplying is not fun but just remember the end goal. LMU is also really good at sending email updates so it gives you a mini heart attack each time but they always had "no status change" in the subject line and it kept you somewhat updated on where things were at. They seem to have had an admissions change this year so maybe things will be different but nonetheless I am hoping for you all to hear great news!!!

giphy.gif

Reactions: 8 users
Would accepted people mind posting their stats? You totally don't have to!! I just wanted to see kinda where i'm at relatively lol

I got my acceptance via email today at 9:55am
However they were a day late because I accepted my seat at Tufts yesterday!
So hopefully one of you guys will be getting a seat now!

I got my acceptance via email today at 9:55am
However they were a day late because I accepted my seat at Tufts yesterday!
So hopefully one of you guys will be getting a seat now!

I know we’ll never find out but I wonder how many more people are left on the waitlist

Got my acceptance today! Will be declining for my spot at Midwestern, good luck to everybody! Theres still hope guys hang in there!

sure @Lizard1313

Overall GPA: 3.27
Science GPA: Around the same
Last 45 GPA: Around the same

GRE (Q/V/W)--I hate this thing: 149/149 /3.5

Degree:
BS Animal Science (August 2017)

Veterinary Experience
Veterinary assistant at small animal practice: 800 + plus

Animal Experience
Veterinary Skills Clinic offered by undergrad: 80 Hrs
Puppy Zone Volunteer: 100 Hrs
Dairy Management Class: 40 Hrs
Large animal experience primarily gain through classes: 100 Hrs

Research
Assisted in the finding specific genomes in dairy cattle: 150 hrs

Extracurriculars/Awards
University of Tennessee Club Soccer Team
Iota Phi Theta- President of my chapter
Order of Omega
MANNRS
TLSAMP
Dean's List for first two semesters
Secretary and Vice President for the National Panhellenic Council at my university
Non-Animal Employment
Resident Assistant
Summer day camp aide
Substitute Teacher

LORs
Small animal vet
Small animal and research vet
NPHC advisor
My undergrad advisor

I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I read any of the accepted students' stats, it itimidates me to the highest degree.

As I read their stats, my mind instantly says, "mmmYEahhhh I can't compete with that" haha

I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I read any of the accepted students' stats, it itimidates me to the highest degree.

As I read their stats, my mind instantly says, "mmmYEahhhh I can't compete with that" haha

Yooo same hahaha I’m like wow I am not only real dumb but didn’t do jack compared to them lmao

It's crazy that last year they all got an email a couple days after the due date that their was no status change and that the class was filling up fast ...it seems different this year? At least I hope lol
I vividly remember that email.... honestly thought it was all over at that point.... but I was wrong ;-)

Reactions: 1 users
Got my acceptance at 10 this morning! So excited!

Reactions: 12 users

Me too! I was honestly convinced I wasn"t going to get in, as everyone's stats are intimidating.

That's how I felt! I honestly was convinced I would not get in based on my stats. Everyone else is super impressive and I am... meh.

My stats (which are sad) since someone asked for them are:

27 year old female from Southeastern Kentucky
BA in History (I graduated 6 years ago from Eastern Kentucky University and then went back a year and a half ago to get all the prerequisites).
GPA: 3.7, I think.
Science GPA: No clue, but probably around a 3.4
GRE: I honestly do not remember at this point. I am terrible at math and my GRE scores reflected that.
Veterinary Experience: None (I tried to get a job at a vet clinic many times, but apparently never had the correct timing.) I honestly thought I was out of the running since I don't have any.
Animal Experience: A giant amount of shelter and rescue experience. I have some experience with farm animals as my grandfather was a farmer. I also volunteered at a horse stable.
Other Experience: Job Consultant, Cato's Manager, Librarian, Direct Support Professional, lots of community service, lots of clubs in high school, etc.

I am wayyyyyyyy more unimpressive than most everyone I have seen on here. When I first started college, there were no vet schools in the area (unless you wanted to drive in the terrifying Knoxville traffic). Because of my family's health, I could never move far away. Around 2 years ago, I finally decided to go back and at least attempt to get into LMU. After working myself to death (I worked full-time and went to school full-time) and a huge amount of credit card debt from tuition, I got off the waiting list and am still in shock over it. I honestly thought I was a lost cause. Those of you still on the waiting list, do not give up hope! You are probably way more impressive than I am and its a matter of time before you are accepted! Also ghostcat, if you are accepted into LMU, I truly hope you accept their offer so I can meet you, braid your hair, and paint your toenails. You are hilarious.

Update: still going insane checking my email

Update: still going insane checking my email

Same every junk email I get i just rage unsubscribe from them because I DONT HAVE TIME FOR YA SPAMMIN NONSENSE

I have good stats, except for my quantitative GRE. Slowly loosing hope over here, thank you guys for making this process less painful! :highfive:

Reactions: 1 user
Me too! I was honestly convinced I wasn"t going to get in, as everyone's stats are intimidating.

That's how I felt! I honestly was convinced I would not get in based on my stats. Everyone else is super impressive and I am... meh.

My stats (which are sad) since someone asked for them are:

27 year old female from Southeastern Kentucky
BA in History (I graduated 6 years ago from Eastern Kentucky University and then went back a year and a half ago to get all the prerequisites).
GPA: 3.7, I think.
Science GPA: No clue, but probably around a 3.4
GRE: I honestly do not remember at this point. I am terrible at math and my GRE scores reflected that.
Veterinary Experience: None (I tried to get a job at a vet clinic many times, but apparently never had the correct timing.) I honestly thought I was out of the running since I don't have any.
Animal Experience: A giant amount of shelter and rescue experience. I have some experience with farm animals as my grandfather was a farmer. I also volunteered at a horse stable.
Other Experience: Job Consultant, Cato's Manager, Librarian, Direct Support Professional, lots of community service, lots of clubs in high school, etc.

I am wayyyyyyyy more unimpressive than most everyone I have seen on here. When I first started college, there were no vet schools in the area (unless you wanted to drive in the terrifying Knoxville traffic). Because of my family's health, I could never move far away. Around 2 years ago, I finally decided to go back and at least attempt to get into LMU. After working myself to death (I worked full-time and went to school full-time) and a huge amount of credit card debt from tuition, I got off the waiting list and am still in shock over it. I honestly thought I was a lost cause. Those of you still on the waiting list, do not give up hope! You are probably way more impressive than I am and its a matter of time before you are accepted! Also ghostcat, if you are accepted into LMU, I truly hope you accept their offer so I can meet you, braid your hair, and paint your toenails. You are hilarious.

I literally busted out laughing when I read the last line. I do hope you know that I'm a dude with short hair. Though I'm open to whatever activities you want to do haha
But you can bet your bottom dollar that I would accept the seat in a heart beat.

Oh yeah, this is how I imagine what an acceptance email from LMU would look like:

tI2_x6AcknOCexCerSrelN2RK4oM8mVSi2lzveaCKa5Dm46mPHmtHTzGUjZKK9boO0_M6iBdfatXTdaaSfPgfBImXoGOy___qBWk7G13usPDxPn-OBhcN1DBsE-bfMivTDt1bhEk

I literally busted out laughing when I read the last line. I do hope you know that I'm a dude with short hair. Though I'm open to whatever activities you want to do haha
But you can bet your bottom dollar that I would accept the seat in a heart beat.

Oh yeah, this is how I imagine what an acceptance email from LMU would look like:

tI2_x6AcknOCexCerSrelN2RK4oM8mVSi2lzveaCKa5Dm46mPHmtHTzGUjZKK9boO0_M6iBdfatXTdaaSfPgfBImXoGOy___qBWk7G13usPDxPn-OBhcN1DBsE-bfMivTDt1bhEk
giphy.gif

Grow it out over the summer! I will braid away!

Would accepted people mind posting their stats? You totally don't have to!! I just wanted to see kinda where i'm at relatively lol
Here's my stats @Lizard1313
Hope it helps some! It was hard to compile it and I gave up on trying to get all the hours in there lol

Overall GPA: 3.67
Science GPA: 3.78
Last 45 GPA: 3.63

GRE (Q/V/W)--I also hate this thing: 149/152 /4.5

Degree: BS Zoology (May 2017)

Veterinary Experience

Veterinary assistant at small animal practice: 500 + hrs
Receptionist: 140+ hrs (still doing this)
In patient care: 1700+ hrs
Shadowing small animal vet: 300 hrs
Shadowing large animal vet: 8 hrs (they were too busy and had a weird schedule for me to continue)

Animal Experience

Humane society volunteer: 45 hrs (I had to stop volunteering here because I wanted to take home all the dogs haha)
Dogsitting (for various families and some pets with medical needs): 1900+ hrs
Animal Care taker at a Zoo: 455 hrs
Shadowing Zookeepers: 150 hrs
Animal handling exotics/ education animals at Zoo: 120 hrs
Farm animal assistant (goats, horses, cows, chickens, ducks, llamas): 860 hrs
Swine farm volunteer: 28 hrs
APVMA symposium
Dairy farm assistant: 80 hrs (continue to do this so hrs are more now)

Research- was definitely lacking in this, only did it for a semester
Assisted in neurobiology lab

Extracurriculars/Awards

Three study abroads
Pre vet club
Zoology club
Relay for Life coordinator
IM soccer
Dean's List for 7/8 semesters
Outstanding teaching assistant award
Elementary kid after school program volunteer
Art show awards
One scholarship

Non-Animal Employment
Customer service
Teaching assistant for biology
Academic tutor

LORs
Small animal vet
Small animal vet
Undergrad advisor
Professor
Employer

Sure! @Lizard1313

First time applicant
21 yrs old

Overall GPA: 3.53
Science GPA: Not sure
Last 45 GPA: 3.67

GRE- I don’t remember exact scores, but it was average

Degree:
Bachelor of Science Degree (May 2018)

Veterinary Experience
Small animal
Exotics
Large animal
Equine

Animal Experience
Worked on a farm-3500 hrs
Own Moonshine Sugar Glider (hobby breeder)-640hrs
Show horses, pigs,

Volunteer
Local humane society- 580 hrs
Tutoring at East Side Elementary
Tutoring at Anne Watson elementary
Arkansas Science and Engineering Fair

Awards
Dean’s list
Presidential list
Arkansas challenge scholarship for 4 years
Achievement scholarship for 4 years
Honor’s graduate

Research
Annotated Bibliography-Sugar Gliders

Extracurricular
Co-President of pre-vet club for 1 year (two semesters)
Show/compete horses my whole life
Co-owner of Serenity 4 Hooves
FFA-equine and livestock judge
Created a P.S.A through EAST for local humane society
Train horses in summer for many years

Non-Animal Employment
Uniform Shop Inc- 504 hrs
Sonic-1500 hrs

LORs
Small animal vet
Small animal/exotic vet
Undergraduate advisor

Do y’all think they’ll send out any acceptances today since it’s Friday? Just slowly losing my mind checking emails over here.

Do y’all think they’ll send out any acceptances today since it’s Friday? Just slowly losing my mind checking emails over here.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t! It’s still a weekday/business day. I remember when Western sent me my offer it was like 8pm Eastern time on a Friday lol

I don’t see why they wouldn’t! It’s still a weekday/business day. I remember when Western sent me my offer it was like 8pm Eastern time on a Friday lol
Well let’s hope so! I want to celebrate this weekend haha

I just got my acceptance email this morning at 10:30! So they are definitely sending some out today. Hope you get one :)

Reactions: 8 users
If they are sending out acceptances as late as 7 PM on a weekday, then I highly doubt that they just stop sending emails since its Friday.

But this is how I feel LMU looks at my application when they pass it in the waitlist:

Emperor-Kuzco-Thinks-You-Have-a-Great-Personality-Insult-In-Emperors-New-Groove.gif

Reactions: 10 users
I didn't have class today and I've killed my phone battery not once, but TWICE, today refreshing my email and sdn :arghh:

Anyone applying to the masters? I think it’s really awesome of them to use the info from VMCAS.