LMU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when the next wave of acceptances will be sent out?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when the next wave of acceptances will be sent out?
I don’t think we know when anymore will be sent out. I am not sure if we even know if we will hear by the national deadline of 4/17. It looks like some people heard back at the end of March last year and in early April though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think we know when anymore will be sent out. I am not sure if we even know if we will hear by the national deadline of 4/17. It looks like some people heard back at the end of March last year and in early April though.
We will have to hear by the national deadline. It doesn’t make sense to say anything after unless they are pulling from the waitlist.

We will have to hear by the national deadline. It doesn’t make sense to say anything after unless they are pulling from the waitlist.
It doesn’t appear that everyone had a decision ( waitlist, acceptance, rejection) by the national deadline last year according to the LMU c/o 2026 thread.

It doesn’t appear that everyone had a decision ( waitlist, acceptance, rejection) by the national deadline last year according to the LMU c/o 2026 thread.
That’s super annoying. Like anyone who doesn’t have a decision is by definition waitlisted so they should just say that. Hoping we all get some info soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an acceptance email at 9:00 am this morning!

Reactions: 7 users
It seems those of us that haven’t heard back are essentially waitlisted. I got this reply this morning:
20E7371F-CA63-40AC-A3A6-00AB2205161B.jpeg

In mid December, I was offered a seat for the spring cohort. I'm finishing up my last semester of my undergrad, so I decided to defer to the fall. I've not heard ANYTHING since then. It does seem strange that I was qualified enough for the spring cohort, so wouldn't that mean I would automatically be offered a seat for the fall? Is anyone else in this predicament?

Reactions: 5 users
In mid December, I was offered a seat for the spring cohort. I'm finishing up my last semester of my undergrad, so I decided to defer to the fall. I've not heard ANYTHING since then. It does seem strange that I was qualified enough for the spring cohort, so wouldn't that mean I would automatically be offered a seat for the fall? Is anyone else in this predicament?

yes same thing offered a spring seat but nothing since

I was offered a seat this morning but will be declining due to already having accepted at another school. I hope someone else is able to accept that spot!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was offered a Spring spot and had to decline due to finishing my last semester of graduate school too. I don’t think anyone can be sure of getting a fall spot after being offered a spot in spring. LMU was looking at applicants in a much smaller application pool with applicants needing to have prereqs completed by the Spring start date. They also were only considering people that interviewed up until 11/7 or 11/9 to my understanding. If they do in fact figure in fall transcripts ( I think they do and that’s why they wanted them sent in?), GPAS quite possibly changed for a lot of people( I know my last 45 went up substantially). LMU placed applicants that declined Spring back into the fall applicant pool, but I can imagine they will revisit everyone once again and some applicants may not be as competitive as others. Just my thoughts though. A simple email with a timeline would be nice to have an idea of when we will hear or status by.

Reactions: 3 users
Same, its so weird to me, and theres a lot of us in the same boat

I interview in October and have not heard back at all….

I’d love to decline my seat for fall, but i’m still waiting on other schools to be for sure

I just pulled my application from the pool since I accepted my seat at UGA. I hope y’all hear soon!

Just declined my seat. Hope this helps someone else! Good luck!

Reactions: 6 users
When you put your deposit down did they send you a list of what’s required?
Shortly after I did receive a few different emails about completing my background check, drug panel, and setting up the myrecordtracker.

When you put your deposit down did they send you a list of what’s required?
for our year it was more towards the beginning of summer after the majority of people had been accepted. That should be when they send a book list (most of the books can be found for free in pdf form) the library also has hardcover copies of most of the books so I wouldn't buy unless you like hardcover and want them to keep

for our year it was more towards the beginning of summer after the majority of people had been accepted. That should be when they send a book list (most of the books can be found for free in pdf form) the library also has hardcover copies of most of the books so I wouldn't buy unless you like hardcover and want them to keep
God bless you omg. I bet that saves so much money

Shortly after I did receive a few different emails about completing my background check, drug panel, and setting up the myrecordtracker.
Did they mention a date or around when after sending your deposit all of those required actions need to be completed by?

Accepted this morning. Will be declining as I already accepted a seat at one of my top choices. Hope it passes along to one of you :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Don’t forget to take your name out of the application pool if you’ve already accepted a seat/know you’re going somewhere else :’)

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I’m sorry to sound like a broken record but has ANYONE from the 11/14 group hear anything yet?

I’m sorry to sound like a broken record but has ANYONE from the 11/14 group hear anything yet?
I was told last week on a tour that all offers have been extended and they are waiting for people to accept/ decline before anymore will be sent out. They also said they have not waitlisted or rejected anyone that had interviewed yet. That’s all the information I could get!

Kind of frustrating that they won’t just waitlist us tbh. Because that is basically what we are if they are waiting to see who accepts and declines offers anyway. Considering I interviewed over 5 months ago I’d rather just hear something at this point.

Reactions: 3 users
Kind of frustrating that they won’t just waitlist us tbh. Because that is basically what we are if they are waiting to see who accepts and declines offers anyway. Considering I interviewed over 5 months ago I’d rather just hear something at this point.
100% agree.

100% agree.
I am also curious to know what they will do for the Spring 2024 class. Will they accept some waitlisted people early? I thought I read that interviews will start in July for that class? I guess time will tell.

So if they are doing interviews in July would they be going off of the waitlist since there wouldnt be another cycle in?

I was told last week on a tour that all offers have been extended and they are waiting for people to accept/ decline before anymore will be sent out. They also said they have not waitlisted or rejected anyone that had interviewed yet. That’s all the information I could get!
Adding on to this, I was at APVMA Symposium this past weekend and got a chance to talk with Holly. She said pretty much the same thing but additionally that she is not able to overextend offers for seats she doesn't have to give until she knows who is accepting/declining initial offers. She is expecting the next wave of offers will be coming out mid-end of April meaning if you were fortunate enough to have received an offer at another school make sure to put your deposit down to hold your seat there prior to the deadline!
Hang in there everyone ❤️

Last edited:
  • Care
So if they are doing interviews in July would they be going off of the waitlist since there wouldnt be another cycle in?
They would have another cycle to go off of if I'm understanding you correctly. VMCAS opens May 11th and the school recommends submitting everything by May 31st if you are interested in a spring start date.

I think they are wanting people to apply in May when schools become available on VMCAS to be considered, but I think they may consider applicants that are waitlisted for this cycle.

They would have another cycle to go off of if I'm understanding you correctly. VMCAS opens May 11th and the school recommends submitting everything by May 31st if you are interested in a spring start date.
I couldn’t imagine submitting my vmcas application at the end of May if I had to do another cycle. LMU might just be losing out on applicants

I couldn’t imagine submitting my vmcas application at the end of May if I had to do another cycle. LMU might just be losing out on applicants
That was just their suggested date so that you have time to plan for a spring start. If you don't submit by their suggested date you can still be eligible you'll just find out later with less time to prepare.

Does their waitlist move fast? I’m terrified

That was just their suggested date so that you have time to plan for a spring start. If you don't submit by their suggested date you can still be eligible you'll just find out later with less time to prepare.
I would probably focus on apply for both the spring and fall start as soon as the new cycle opens and then apply the other schools later.

Does their waitlist move fast? I’m terrified
Me too! That, I don’t know…I know some people didn’t hear back about their waitlist status until after the April national deadline last year. So, I’m expecting it will be like that this year…sadly

There's typically a lot of movement from the waitlist and it is unranked

Declining my seat! I hope this helps someone here out🧡

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Hey all! I will be withdrawing my application with LMU, as I have accepted a seat somewhere else! Good luck!!

• Care