You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LMU c/o 2027 Applicants
Started by hw13
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
charliesmom98
Full Member
Right 😭 I’m wondering if they’re going to wait another 5 days until they send the next round of acceptancesso, looks like no acceptance emails today? 😞
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw in this thread something about “10-20 acceptances” as I thought “a day” because they still interviewing, was expected that they will be sending more this week, but it’s just a guess. It didn’t look by “accepted” posts here that it was more than 10, of course not everyone who applied is on this forum. So we have to just keep our hopes up.🤞🏻Right 😭 I’m wondering if they’re going to wait another 5 days until they send the next round of acceptances
charliesmom98
Full Member
I’m guessing they’re still reviewing folders because people who got accepted interviewed about a week before us, we probably will be in the next round!I saw in this thread something about “10-20 acceptances” as I thought “a day” because they still interviewing, was expected that they will be sending more this week, but it’s just a guess. It didn’t look by “accepted” posts here that it was more than 10, of course not everyone who applied is on this forum. So we have to just keep our hopes up.🤞🏻
Gangar#094
Full Member
But in the end, how much does that affect you? I don’t think it’s a great thing to do, but in the long run do you really think LMU won’t be able to fill their class?
literally. It’s not like being interested is going to take someone else’s spot. If they’re going to accept someone then they’re going to accept and if they’re going to reject then they will. Saying you’re interested even if you really aren’t isn’t a big deal because you could end up changing your mind. They’re throwing this way out of proportion😂
This is the first time LMU has gotten approval for a spring cohort and the decision was given mid-October. Whatever happens this cycle, applicant trends could impact next year's applicants, whether positively or negatively. I'm not here to continue this conversation beyond where it already has gone, but I do want to point out the reality consequences may arise and impact others in future.
I’m guessing they’re still reviewing folders because people who got accepted interviewed about a week before us, we probably will be in the next round!
I would guess more invites for spring will continue through the month of November since there are two more interview dates for eligible spring applicants.
Your level of entitlement and disregard for others is really upsetting to see in a successful applicant.literally. It’s not like being interested is going to take someone else’s spot. If they’re going to accept someone then they’re going to accept and if they’re going to reject then they will. Saying you’re interested even if you really aren’t isn’t a big deal because you could end up changing your mind. They’re throwing this way out of proportion😂
D
deleted1135575
y’all are literally cracking me up. All of this because i put that i was interested in the spring cohort when im really not but i’m still eligible so i could change my mind. Go touch some grass and stop being so chronically online.Your level of entitlement and disregard for others is really upsetting to see in a successful applicant.
It's not just the action, it's your response to people letting you know that the action may negatively impact your colleagues and make things more complicated for the admissions committee.y’all are literally cracking me up. All of this because i put that i was interested in the spring cohort when im really not but i’m still eligible so i could change my mind. Go touch some grass and stop being so chronically online.
I agree. It could be jeopardizing your peers (and future veterinary colleagues) who would be fully able and willing to drop everything and move their lives to LMU for the Spring start date. IMO it shouldn't be a competition- we're all just trying to get an acceptance somewhere! Sure, I would've loved to hear back sooner but since I still have prereqs to complete I put not interested and ineligible. Not to mention the faculty is likely extremely stressed trying to find eligible applicants as is. Just my two cents thoughIt's not just the action, it's your response to people letting you know that the action may negatively impact your colleagues and make things more complicated for the admissions committee.
D
deleted1135575
do you know how many people put they were interested even though majority will end up not going. It’s not that big of a deal. Them giving such short notice to this change and expecting people to decide in 5 days is what’s going to negatively impact their spring cohort. No one can decide in 5 days especially without hearing from their IS. Putting i was *interested* and not *absolutely and 100% going to spring* if i was accepted was the whole point of the form we were sent, to see if there was a POSSIBILITY. That’s why those accepted can still pick fall if they want. Admissions is expecting majority to pick fall, and for everyone to assume they’re unprepared and *I* will make it difficult for them is absurd.It's not just the action, it's your response to people letting you know that the action may negatively impact your colleagues and make things more complicated for the admissions committee.
You said you don't want to start in the spring, that is different from being undecided.do you know how many people put they were interested even though majority will end up not going. It’s not that big of a deal. Them giving such short notice to this change and expecting people to decide in 5 days is what’s going to negatively impact their spring cohort. No one can decide in 5 days especially without hearing from their IS. Putting i was *interested* and not *absolutely and 100% going to spring* if i was accepted was the whole point of the form we were sent, to see if there was a POSSIBILITY. That’s why those accepted can still pick fall if they want. Admissions is expecting majority to pick fall, and for everyone to assume they’re unprepared and *I* will make it difficult for them is absurd.
As Nannarnaluk said, you said you had no plans on actually considering Spring. I believe that's what people have a problem with. Many applicants (myself included if I had been eligible) would love a Spring spot to essentially begin their careers as practitioners half a year sooner. There's also a few other schools that allow for Spring start dates that eligible candidates most likely applied to for that exact purpose. Yeah, one person wouldn't make that big of an impact on their own, but what about other applicants having the same idea? Then it may add up to something very stressful and complicated to deal with...do you know how many people put they were interested even though majority will end up not going. It’s not that big of a deal. Them giving such short notice to this change and expecting people to decide in 5 days is what’s going to negatively impact their spring cohort. No one can decide in 5 days especially without hearing from their IS. Putting i was *interested* and not *absolutely and 100% going to spring* if i was accepted was the whole point of the form we were sent, to see if there was a POSSIBILITY. That’s why those accepted can still pick fall if they want. Admissions is expecting majority to pick fall, and for everyone to assume they’re unprepared and *I* will make it difficult for them is absurd.
Respectfully what is done is done… this thread should be about supporting each other moving forward and not bashing each other. The fact this has gone so out of proportion is ridiculous. Congratulations to those who have gotten accepted already for those of us still waiting we got this and I’m sure we’ll start hearing things before too long.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1135575
i do have interest in the spring cohort, but there is a 99% chance i wouldn’t take that spot if i got accepted to my IS, that’s why I said i wasn’t interested. If it means i could hear back quicker, then yea i’m allowed to do that. It doesn’t affect anyone else, and i’m not taking someone else spot. That admissions is prepared to hold secondary interviews because they have already anticipated the denial of spring from those that put interested. That’s why the form said interested and not guaranteed to attend if accepted. That’s also why those accepted still have a choice. Y’all are acting like i used a cheat code to get accepted or something like chill tf out😂😂As Nannarnaluk said, you said you had no plans on actually considering Spring. I believe that's what people have a problem with. Many applicants (myself included if I had been eligible) would love a Spring spot to essentially begin their careers as practitioners half a year sooner. There's also a few other schools that allow for Spring start dates that eligible candidates most likely applied to for that exact purpose. Yeah, one person wouldn't make that big of an impact on their own, but what about other applicants having the same idea? Then it may add up to something very stressful and complicated to deal with...
Nobody said that, we're just trying to get you to understand our perspective and that of other applicants. Even if it's not exactly working.i do have interest in the spring cohort, but there is a 99% chance i wouldn’t take that spot if i got accepted to my IS, that’s why I said i wasn’t interested. If it means i could hear back quicker, then yea i’m allowed to do that. It doesn’t affect anyone else, and i’m not taking someone else spot. That admissions is prepared to hold secondary interviews because they have already anticipated the denial of spring from those that put interested. That’s why the form said interested and not guaranteed to attend if accepted. That’s also why those accepted still have a choice. Y’all are acting like i used a cheat code to get accepted or something like chill tf out😂😂
Please all just stop, it is too much, let’s leave this subject and move to something else.
This is my first time applying, I am senior undergrad, I am feeling lucky, here is why:
This is my first time applying, I am senior undergrad, I am feeling lucky, here is why:
- I am a bad test taker , GRE is not required this year for most schools, so I didn’t have to take it
- After failing org chem 2, I still had GRE above cut off
- The courses that I take now would be just enough to have my prereqs for LMU
- And the biggest luck: LMU was approved for Spring! 100 seats more for this year!
Last edited:
Yes, totally agree with everyone else, the spring interest forms were already sent out and filled. There's nothing we can do to change it anymore and arguing on here is just lending to a more stressful environment when I'm sure everyone is already stressed out enough with interviews, invitations, and even some rejections being rolled out already from all the schools. So let's just use this place to support each other and ask for help and questions! 🙂
There really isn't any sort of financial aid package or scholarships available. There isn't any difference between OOS or IS so the tuition is what it is. Historically they open applications for a few scholarships in January and they are awarded in May.. I know a few people from class were awarded a scholarship at the beginning of our first semester and the only thing that we could gather was that they were either from Appalachia or that they had marked on VMCAS that they were interested in practicing in that area after graduation.Has anyone heard what the probability is of getting financial aid or scholarships? Or how much off tuition people are typically able to get? That OOS tuition really throwing me off ;'(
prevetanimal
Full Member
If you’re attending the tour- i’m assuming you got an email stating the attire is business casual. Whats everyone wearing? I hate wearing uncomfortable clothing so this is a stab in the heart for me😂
I'm probably going to wear nice jeans with a nice blouse and possibly bring my lightweight blazer. I also hate being uncomfortable and it's still going to be slightly warm.If you’re attending the tour- i’m assuming you got an email stating the attire is business casual. Whats everyone wearing? I hate wearing uncomfortable clothing so this is a stab in the heart for me😂
prevetanimal
Full Member
don’t worry they’re still doing interview invites i believe. I think they’re also doing secondary interviews pending the spring cohort availability. Maybe share your stats and compare to those who interviewed? I interviewed in october!Feeling unlucky this cycle, I’m a few years out of school so all my pre-reqs are done and would have loved to have been considered for the spring class but haven’t received an interview :/
Anyone else interviewing on Monday?? Nervous but excited 😊
finnfinn102
Full Member
Does lmu require organic chem 1 and 2? Or just 1?
Wednesday for me! You got this! Don’t think about it too much.Anyone else interviewing on Monday?? Nervous but excited 😊
ch3yruh
Tuskegee c/o 2027 🐾
Me!! Gonna look through this thread to get a feel of how theyve been going!! The nerves haven't hit me yet but ill prob get nervous during the interview 😅Anyone else interviewing on Monday?? Nervous but excited 😊
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
finnfinn102
Full Member
Also, has anyone received interview invites from other schools?
It says on the website, 6 semester units. I took 1 with lecture and lab and 2 with lecture but no lab. As long as it totals to 6 credits you should be fine!Does lmu require organic chem 1 and 2? Or just 1?
finnfinn102
Full Member
Wednesday for me!! How are you all preparing?Anyone else interviewing on Monday?? Nervous but excited 😊
I'm on the waitlist to interview for Arizona 🙃 and I interviewed for SGU back in August (accepted late October)Also, has anyone received interview invites from other schools?
finnfinn102
Full Member
Thanks! I’m taking 2 next semester but I’m in a gap year and it would be so much cheaper to do online but will they accept an online class even if it’s from an accredited uni?It says on the website, 6 semester units. I took 1 with lecture and lab and 2 with lecture but no lab. As long as it totals to 6 credits you should be fine!
Wednesday for me!! How are you all preparing?
They should accept that, but you can always call and make absolutely sure just since it is a prereq!Thanks! I’m taking 2 next semester but I’m in a gap year and it would be so much cheaper to do online but will they accept an online class even if it’s from an accredited uni?
Prep wise... watching interview prep videos on YouTube, scavenging different situational veterinary questions online and looking up hot topics in the field right now. Other than that not really sure how else to prepare. Is this what others did?
.For anyone that has interviewed, were you able to find good practice questions online that related to vet med? If so, where?
Yes!Thanks! I’m taking 2 next semester but I’m in a gap year and it would be so much cheaper to do online but will they accept an online class even if it’s from an accredited uni?
prevetanimal
Full Member
Hey guys, i interviewed in october with LMU! Don’t be scared, this has been my favorite interview so far. I thought 2 minutes was plenty time to read the scenario and write down my thoughts. Also a little tip, the interviewers are going to turn off their cameras while you look at the scenario, don’t be afraid to flip yours off to so you feel comfortable! I also thought 6 minutes would be too long to answer because i suck at long responses but the type of questions made it easy to talk through. If you have time, ask questions!!! I will say it was a little scary when you first log on because you enter the zoom chat and are sitting in the call with like 20 interviewers and a few staff members waiting to be moved so be warned that might happen to you😂 If you have questions, ask away!
Thank you!! This puts me more at ease 😊, excited to see what questions they ask I've never done an mmi beforeHey guys, i interviewed in october with LMU! Don’t be scared, this has been my favorite interview so far. I thought 2 minutes was plenty time to read the scenario and write down my thoughts. Also a little tip, the interviewers are going to turn off their cameras while you look at the scenario, don’t be afraid to flip yours off to so you feel comfortable! I also thought 6 minutes would be too long to answer because i suck at long responses but the type of questions made it easy to talk through. If you have time, ask questions!!! I will say it was a little scary when you first log on because you enter the zoom chat and are sitting in the call with like 20 interviewers and a few staff members waiting to be moved so be warned that might happen to you😂 If you have questions, ask away!
Do you recall if we are able to have a notepad next to us to write notes down or is that not allowed?
I received an interview invite from WesternU. All of my other apps are in reviewAlso, has anyone received interview invites from other schools?
I had a sheet of paper next to me to write notes and I think it was fine! The interviewers were very nice and kind, and it definitely helped to have a sheet of paper to jot down some thoughts or to resummarize the scenario. I also enjoyed my interview with LMU and prepped by using sample MMI questions that I found online and by also looking at some sample answers.Do you recall if we are able to have a notepad next to us to write notes down or is that not allowed?
LMU is the only school I applied to that offers interviews. I had my interview on 10/17. However, I did get an email from the other school I applied to saying the application was approved to move on the the next stages so that's exciting!Also, has anyone received interview invites from other schools?
charliesmom98
Full Member
Everytime I get an outlook notification I have a mini heart attack 😭 can this wait be over!!!! Lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
morgan2000
Full Member
Everytime I get an outlook notification I have a mini heart attack [emoji24] can this wait be over!!!! Lol
Saaame! I literally had a dream last night that LMU was gonna send more info/decisions today lmao
charliesmom98
Full Member
I hope your dream comes true 😭😭😭😂😂😂Saaame! I literally had a dream last night that LMU was gonna send more info/decisions today lmao
lmao is it weird that I also had a dream about this two nights ago hahahaSaaame! I literally had a dream last night that LMU was gonna send more info/decisions today lmao
The moment you realize that you have to go home to babysit your rabbit instead of going to LMU visit day 😭😭. I wanted to meet you people
I wish you were going! I'm so excited to hopefully meet some of y'all tomorrow!The moment you realize that you have to go home to babysit your rabbit instead of going to LMU visit day 😭😭. I wanted to meet you people