LMU C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
There are only 10 people in the fall 2028 fb group :)

Reactions: 7 users
There are only 10 people in the fall 2028 fb group :)
Hmm does anyone know if the groups are for all accepted students or just those that have accepted their seat? I’m curious how representative the group numbers are vs the number of offers out

Reactions: 1 users
Prior to the first wave of acceptances, I believe there were 6 people in that group already.

Just got an email: “Good morning,

As we are getting back from the holiday break, I can see that we have received your transcript for the Fall 2023. All we are waiting on now is your official transcript for the Spring 2024 once your courses have been completed. When these grades come in, be sure to send us a copy so that we can update your VMCAS account accordingly.

Best,

Admissions”
Does this mean I won’t hear anything until after spring semester…?

Just got an email: “Good morning,

As we are getting back from the holiday break, I can see that we have received your transcript for the Fall 2023. All we are waiting on now is your official transcript for the Spring 2024 once your courses have been completed. When these grades come in, be sure to send us a copy so that we can update your VMCAS account accordingly.

Best,

Admissions”
Does this mean I won’t hear anything until after spring semester…?
No I'm pretty sure they'll have to let you know about decisions before April 15th at the latest since that's decision day (whether admit, alternate, deny). This seems like they're just saying that they will still also require your spring transcript. Normally this is just the transcript that is required because you might be taking some last pre-reqs or something that are contingent for your admission. So like you could still get an acceptance but let's say you have physics 2 outstanding or something. That means that if in most cases, you don't finish the class with a C or better your offer for admission could be rescinded.

Reactions: 1 user
Got it. I’m working on my masters so all of my prereqs are done thankfully

Got it. I’m working on my masters so all of my prereqs are done thankfully
Ah, then probably just the formality that because you put planned courses in VMCAS, they just require the transcript after the semester is over! :)

Okay but hear me out. The spring semester isn’t done until May after decisions. The only reason they’d need spring is to make sure everything went well. I’ve never had a school ask me for transcripts that are due after the decision deadline. Did they accidentally send me that… I feel like the only reason they’d need it is if I was accepted.

Okay but hear me out. The spring semester isn’t done until May after decisions. The only reason they’d need spring is to make sure everything went well. I’ve never had a school ask me for transcripts that are due after the decision deadline. Did they accidentally send me that… I feel like the only reason they’d need it is if I was accepted.
You can email and clarify with them, but for reference, I had Iowa post on my portal that they needed my transcripts for spring even before decisions came out. I don't think it would be bad to reach out and clarify when/where/why you need to send them, but it really does sound like to me that you would only send them if you were offered a position/alternate position to LMU. I definitely wouldn't send them if you were to get a denial between now and the end of the semester.

I had another school that wanted me to send proof of my finished masters but I got denied from them before I finished so I never sent it to them because it would be pointless.

Members don't see this ad :)
I go to LMU rn and they literally accept people all the way into the first week of classes. They accept people all summer until they fill the class, that’s why they want your spring transcript. The April 15th deadline isn’t a thing here

After hearing some Fall acceptances were sent out… I think I’ve checked my email about 5,000 times a day. This is unhealthy

My understanding is the national deadline is for applicant decisions; not schools. Schools cannot force applicants to make a decision before April 15.

As for transcripts, any offer is conditional upon satisfactory completion of requirements. The admissions email likely meant the only other thing needed would be a spring transcript.

Needed =\= status or standing.

I sent my transcript in electronically and was told through parchment that LMU downloaded it. Will I receive a confirmation from them? I don’t have anything yet.

Last edited:
I sent my transcript in electronically and was told through parchment that LMU downloaded it. Will I receive a confirmation from then? I don’t have anything yet.

Same here. I haven’t received any confirmation email from LMU.

I sent my transcript in electronically and was told through parchment that LMU downloaded it. Will I receive a confirmation from them? I don’t have anything yet.
I had to email and ask if they received the transcript. Ciera responded quickly though, so it wasnt an issue.

I also emailed admissions to make sure it was received and they responded. I didn’t want to worry about the deadline and cutting it too close

Anyone that’s been accepted, is your matriculation fee already posted to pay or for spring how soon after your acceptance could you accept a seat? My imposter syndrome is freaking out because I’m like “ what if it was a mistake??” Tia !😂🫠

Just checked my lmu supplemental application portal to see that it’s been reset for a new application year. Am I reading into it or is this what not getting in looks like? Haven’t heard from admissions since my interview

Last edited:
mine says " in review" also, with a due date of December 1. I don't believe they actively use the portal for notification or tracking of applicants, but of course, I could be wrong.

mine says " in review" also, with a due date of December 1. I don't believe they actively use the portal for notification or tracking of applicants, but of course, I could be wrong.

I’ve heard that they don’t update the portal for admission status. They will only send updates through email.

I’ve heard that they don’t update the portal for admission status. They will only send updates through email.
^ this. All their notifications are sent electronically.

Stressing out about LMU timeline on decisions, I’ve been accepted to my #2 but it’s out of country and need to possibly start my health certificates for all my animals joining me :/ but it’s so expensive to do so and trying to save money- ahhhhhh I’m hoping they start rolling out decisions soon

Hopefully soon. Most (all?) of us interviewed a long time ago, so I’d think they’d have all the info they needed to make a good chunk of decisions even if they are rolling

I looked at last year's LMU thread this past weekend. it looks like there was another wave first week of February (please correct me if I am wrong! I was looking at a lot of data ) and the other similarity I noticed is that a lot of acceptances seemed to happen on Tuesday/ Wednesday. I believe spring started this Monday, so they might be really busy with that and getting those students settled.

all of that being said, I would love to hear from LMU this week and empathize with everyone! I also interviewed a while ago.

I will be turning down my spot as I received a position at my in state school hope someone hears some good news!

Reactions: 13 users
Is anyone else still waiting to receive an interview invitation? I’m just getting a little bit worried…

Is anyone else still waiting to receive an interview invitation? I’m just getting a little bit worried…

I haven’t heard anything from them since they emailed about receiving my Casper score

Hard same. This application cycle has been a humbling experience to say the least— 10 rejections, one interview (LMU) so far with 4 still in the air.

Hard same. This application cycle has been a humbling experience to say the least— 10 rejections, one interview (LMU) so far with 4 still in the air.
just here to say don't lose hope! i had 7 rejections, one interview (LMU) and thought it was over for me. I was accepted to my top school this week. believe in yourself!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
just here to say don't lose hope! i had 7 rejections, one interview (LMU) and thought it was over for me. I was accepted to my top school this week. believe in yourself!!
Thank you for saying that! I’m trying to keep the faith, it’s not my last cycle even if it doesn’t work out this time around— I know I’d be a good DVM and I’ll keep knocking till somewhere lets me in.

And congrats on getting into your top school, that’s awesome!! Gives me some hope that all the rejections happen so that we end up where we’re supposed to 🙂

I’m rooting so hard for you! We applied to a lot of the same schools and I’m wishing you the best of luck. You got this!

• Care
I’m rooting so hard for you! We applied to a lot of the same schools and I’m wishing you the best of luck. You got this!
Thank you so much, knowing there’s people on the same journey in my corner really does mean a lot!! Best of luck with the rest of your cycle as well, fingers crossed we’ll both land exactly where we’re meant to be!

IMG_2311.png

Just found this screenshot on my phone from Dec 1st. So I guess we won’t be hearing for a while…

I think they meant 1/24 like the month of January 2024, as far as I know LMU has been back from break since 1/2
Right. If you read that thread, she clarifies the dates: 12/23/23 - 1/2/2024.

Per my friends who applied to LMU last year some of them interviewed in September and didn’t hear back until March/April/May regarding fall acceptances://

Per my friends who applied to LMU last year some of them interviewed in September and didn’t hear back until March/April/May regarding fall acceptances://

So I can continue to be an anxious wreck for months to come🥲