LMU-DCOM (DeBusk COM) Discussion thread Part 2 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!
NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO DO???:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

NOW WHAT AM I GOING TO DO???:laugh:

YOU'RE GOING TO COME TO DCOM!!!!!! CONGRATS!! :clap::bow::banana::biglove::banana::biglove::banana:

You know every time I see you post I hope it's because you're telling everyone that you got in. And after months of waiting, it's finally true. :thumbup::D

YOU'RE GOING TO COME TO DCOM!!!!!! CONGRATS!! :clap::bow::banana::biglove::banana::biglove::banana:

You know every time I see you post I hope it's because you're telling everyone that you got in. And after months of waiting, it's finally true. :thumbup::D
Oh THANK YOU SO MUCH SWEETIE!!!!
I'm just bowled over! Dr. Stowers just got off the phone with me. I'm breathless!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited! Congrats to you Sherruns!!! My fingers were growing into a permanent twist from waiting for you to get in!! I hope you come here!
Even this guy is excited that you got in!
ExcitedCroc.jpg

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited! Congrats to you Sherruns!!! My fingers were growing into a permanent twist from waiting for you to get in!! I hope you come here!
Even this guy is excited that you got in!
ExcitedCroc.jpg
gosh THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! how INCREDIBLE IS THIS??!!!!!

OMG!!!!!! I KNEW it! WOOOO HOOOOO!

Now what are you going to do? COME TO DCOM! :hardy:
I had no clue I'd even have a chance. Talking with Mr. Carney this morning, understanding the waitlist process, everything he said, pointed to more waiting and hoping and praying for this to occur. I had no idea that this would happen. I'm completely bowled over, in a MOST EXCELLENT WAY!!!
32.jpg

CONGRATS!!!!! Now all that is left to do is pull the trigger and change your signature to LMU DCOM CLASS OF 2012!!!!!

Seriously...Remember you will be in this for 4 years and it is not easy. Pick the place you think you will do best academically as well as personally! You will do great no matter where you go!

Congrats on the acceptance!! Any advice?!;)

Congrats on the acceptance!! Any advice?!;)
Hi JagerDO! I don't really know what I learned from this experience other than "patience is a virtue"...I know for sure that it is not a random operation. Every decision that is made has direct intent behind it. They are very, very circumspect and a great honor has been bestowed on every single person that has been accepted to this class. Their job is daunting, culling through thousands of applicants, and it takes courage to be one of those in the hallway waiting for your name to be called. I hope it's your's next! Thanks for asking. All I can say is that this process has been going on for many years at many medical schools, and it all seems to fall out the way it is supposed to somehow. Mr. Carney gave me an excellent article that he had just read in the Wall Street Journal about the waitlist process, and it really helped. The title is "Elite Colleges Reach Deeper into Waitlists" and I think you can google it for May 21, 2008. It is about Boston College, Harvard Medical School and many other top tier entrance "dances"....
Very helpful...I sincerely thought I had lots more waiting to go, then got the call this evening. So have faith in your abilities and keep being wonderful. It will happen if you have the confidence in your heart that it will, and the belief in yourself that you deserve it.

All my best to you!
s.

Members don't see this ad :)
So have you made a decision yet? Who leads for your services?
Geez, Mo. I've known for two hours and all I want to do is the Curly Shuffle. I'm just basking in the euphoria of the moment! bask, bask, bask, bask........... [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKAfXdb5LsA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I think you should do the super bowl shuffle.
Oh yeah. Too soon to spike the ball, but I'm definitely feelin' it. What an incredible ride this has been!!!!! All of a sudden, all of the scaredy faces :scared: and confused faces :confused: and shocked "OH NO!" faces :eek: have been replaced by a gigantic string of nothing but dancing bananas and monkeys and propane fire cannons!!!
:banana::zip::boom::banana::zip::boom:

Don't tell me you don't remember the super bowl shuffle.

Search for it on youtube. I'd do it for you, but I can't on the blackberry.

Don't tell me you don't remember the super bowl shuffle.

Search for it on youtube. I'd do it for you, but I can't on the blackberry.
just pm'd ya. found it. cute! why didn't i know about this shuffle?:Dcurly step back!

You are the first person I have ever known who didn't know about the super bowl shuffle. The Fridge? McMahon? Classic!

You are the first person I have ever known who didn't know about the super bowl shuffle. The Fridge? McMahon? Classic!
yeah, i'm a lame*** but hey, i'm still basking. i do remember that they did it for charity, just never saw it. too young LOL....:D mom and dad made me cover my eyes.

Thanks sherruns... very motivating post! Where are you from btw? Clearly not Illinois considering you hadn't heard of the shuffle! Very inescapable growing up outside of chicago- I love the superbowl shuffle!

On a paranoid note, you would think that the admissions staff would leave a voicemail if they received no answer when calling to offer an acceptance right? I work in the basement of a hospital with no cell reception and am wondering if maybe I should send DCOM my work number. Haha so I read that sherruns was accepted while on a break at work and had to run upstairs to see if I had a voicemail. Needless to say that I did not... hopefully sometime soon!

:luck: DCOM :luck:

They definitely would leave you a voicemail. I missed my call from Dr. Stowers because I was at the Orange Bowl, and I just happened to check my voicemails. I had to have everyone listen to it because I couldn't believe it!! Goodluck!!!!

Thanks sherruns... very motivating post! Where are you from btw? Clearly not Illinois considering you hadn't heard of the shuffle! Very inescapable growing up outside of chicago- I love the superbowl shuffle!

On a paranoid note, you would think that the admissions staff would leave a voicemail if they received no answer when calling to offer an acceptance right? I work in the basement of a hospital with no cell reception and am wondering if maybe I should send DCOM my work number. Haha so I read that sherruns was accepted while on a break at work and had to run upstairs to see if I had a voicemail. Needless to say that I did not... hopefully sometime soon!

:luck: DCOM :luck:
I'm from Dallas, Texas. I was trying to think of a reason why I don't have a clue about the Superbowl Shuffle, and I realized it. Dad believed that all things NOT related to the Dallas Cowbows should be classified as UNPATRIOTIC! We were diehard Cowboy fans and knew every player and their weaknesses back then. We just weren't exposed to the coolness of other teams. (I do somehow recall the strangeness of the Pittsburgh Steelers fans back then)

I came from the era of Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman, and they were worshipped as American Idols in my home.

Anyway, good luck on the waitlist!
Keeping the faith for ya JagerDO!!!
>>>>>>JAGERDO DCOM2012<<<<<<

Congrats Sherruns! My call came out of no where too. It's such a surprise once you realize what is happening. :hardy:

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! Congratulations!! :biglove: I'm out of state so I haven't been on here in a several days. That's freakin' awesome!! Good luck with your decision if you haven't made it yet. :D

Congrats Sherruns! My call came out of no where too. It's such a surprise once you realize what is happening. :hardy:
Thank you so much malisa and eel08. I'm seriously weighing options at this point.
;0)
happy problem!!! just need to make the right decision now.:hardy:

Thank you so much malisa and eel08. I'm seriously weighing options at this point.
;0)
happy problem!!! just need to make the right decision now.:hardy:

I am so excited for you and I don't even know you!

If you decide not to go to DCOM you could just tell them that the hubby of DanaRenee is coming in your place! :laugh:

Congratulations on getting into DCOM! Where are you leaning more? DCOM is awesome b/c I am going there.

congrats sherruns.... i hope im next on the list to be called....
:luck:

YEAH!!!! Congratulations Sherruns!!!! I knew that would wisen up and send you that acceptance!!!:D

Seriously...Remember you will be in this for 4 years and it is not easy. Pick the place you think you will do best academically as well as personally! You will do great no matter where you go!

F That...Pick DCOM ;):)

Sherruns, omg that's :clap:wonderful news! Wherever you decide to go, you're gonna kick ***! See, you have brought so much positive *vibes* (it's the photos!!) to others on this thread, it's now your turn..Congratulations!

Congrats!!! Now comes the really hard part, where to go?! I had to make that hard decision too, but it really was't too hard, I mean DCOM is so awesome :) Good luck to you, Im sure you'll pick the best place for you!:luck:

Congrats, hope to see you in our class.

On a side note, would one of the 2011's please post details, and/or brand and model of the panoptic kit? Thanks!

There are so many darn wonderful people out there in Harrogate! The school is wonderful! I am in the decision-making process and am honored to even have the chance to have a choice at this point.

DanaRenee: Thank you for the excitement. I wish your hubby the best and I hope he gets in at DCOM.
doctor.jpg
It is a truly amazing school in so many ways.

CamelJockey: It would be such an easy decision if all I did was go because you're there. You are so hilarious and would be so fun and kick-a** to have in the class. You gots da shizzle baby.
24248.jpg

soccerchicoc: YOU'RE NEXT!!!!!!

hoss22: LMU DCOM vs. TUNCOM. So many diametric opposites between the two schools. I'm trying to be objective at this point. It's hard because there are just so many shiny happy people at LMU DCOM!
stk1.jpg
I'll keep ya posted!

lastcall: Awwww. Its so nice to know that those silly goofy pix I put up are appreciated. Sometimes I just get into complete goofball mode and want everyone to be happy and accepted and know they're cared for on SDN.
:luck::luck:>>>>LASTCALL<<<<:luck::luck:
I hope your dreams are fulfilled!!!
365510440_1966e057f0.jpg

hippiechick: You are RIGHT about the HARD PART!!! Standing back and trying to be objective is so difficult. You know, it was easier when I had a foregone conclusion already made for me. I've had so many lists going. I'm pretty conflicted about it at this point. The two schools are both so excellent in their own peculiar ways, and they both have such different "feels"....guess it is going to boil down to trying to be completely honest with myself and looking at all the ramifications between both. Thanks for the wishes!!!

syncope82: It's there...it's waiting for me...I have a few days to deliberate. The jury is out and I'm quaking in my boots!!!

ckenny: thank you so much for the wishes. See what I mean? People at DCOM are just fantastically amazing and wonderful. And you're obviously one of them!!!
SMILING_Dalmatian.jpg

Hugs and kisses to all of you!
I'm in the throes of the battle right now.
ggp5hz7.jpg
070312the300.jpg

Will try to use this time to derive some contentment from my decision.
And I still
Ain'tSkeered2.gif
!!!
Peace.

Wow. You are on picture overdrive. Simmer down there. It is almost like reading a letter from a serial killer.

Reasons to make your decision quickly:

You'll sleep better knowing for the first time in a year you have something definitive in your life to look forward to and you dont have to keep living in mental "what if" and plan b and c lists....for the rest of us checking our phones 100x daily and hoping for waitlist movement, HANG STRONG.....the next couple weeks are going to be where the movement happens, so HANG IN THERE GUYS!!!!

Sherruns, I say go with your gut feeling on this one.. forget all the lists. Think about which school rings true to your soul... the one that really gives you the best feeling. That will be the one that will make you happy. :)

Sherruns: My mom's side of my family is from Dallas, and they have the same belief: if you don't love the Cowboys, you are a communist, and you hate freedom.

I loved the Cowboys until one day, Jerry Jones hired the ultimate Sooner, Barry Switzer, to be their coach. I have hated them ever since, because first and foremost, I am a Texas Longhorn. Texas Longhorns hate OU. Barry Switzer IS OU, and some of his residue will probably contaminate the franchise for the rest of my life.

I am now a Titans fan. They are the old Oilers, and my dad had a tryout with them in the 70's. Also, they have several Longhorns prominently featured in their lineup, including the greatest Longhorn of all: Vince Young.

Also, Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach are nowhere near the same era. There's like 15-20 years separating the end of staubach from the beginning of aikman, and guys like Danny White and Steve Pelleur played QB for them during that interim.

Also, Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach are nowhere near the same era. There's like 15-20 years separating the end of staubach from the beginning of aikman, and guys like Danny White and Steve Pelleur played QB for them during that interim.
Danny White was great. I should have said the Staubach through the Aikman generation....I do remember Steve Pelleur too!! I remember Staubach from the time I was a little girl listening to the next door neighbor bellow with a voice that carried through the neighborhood when Staubach would get sacked. Oh, and I worked for the Cowboys trainers in the late 80's and early 90's making knee braces for Troy and Emmitt. So I definitely love those guys. Do you remember Chris Boniol? He was a stinker.

Oh yeah Dad hated Barry Switzer. Called him Barry "Sh**zer"

A friend of mine recently sent me this link about a gang rape in the DCOM dorms: http://www.phoenixflyingnow.com/Page_2.html.

To be honest, I'm not sure if this is for real or not. It's pretty messed up if it is. Can any current students comment?

that sounds like total bull****. if there was a "gangrape" at DCOM, I'm sure there would be newspaper articles...you can't suppress that kind of information considering how ridiculously small the world has gotten with the internet. Also, it says she started at LMU/DeBusk three years ago....DCOM has only been around for one year.