LMU-DCOM (DeBusk COM) Discussion thread Part 2 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes it is.... thanks and best of luck in the fall... i can't wait to be accepted and start school there :luck:

[quotey=sherruns;6733387]
national%20park.jpg

you will have no difficulty.
it is a magical place.[/quote]

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone is planning on living in La Follette, Jacksboro, Caryville, or any other place between Caryville and DCOM, let me know. We will be closing on a house this week in Caryville. It is about 2.5 miles from the interstate, so I'm pretty pleased with the location when 3rd year rolls around. My wife will be commuting to Knoxville every morning also. If there are others that are planning to live in the area, I would love to set up a carpool, and if there are spouses that will be working in Knoxville I'm sure my wife would like to carpool as well.

PM me if interested.

If anyone is planning on living in La Follette, Jacksboro, Caryville, or any other place between Caryville and DCOM, let me know. We will be closing on a house this week in Caryville. It is about 2.5 miles from the interstate, so I'm pretty pleased with the location when 3rd year rolls around. My wife will be commuting to Knoxville every morning also. If there are others that are planning to live in the area, I would love to set up a carpool, and if there are spouses that will be working in Knoxville I'm sure my wife would like to carpool as well.

PM me if interested.

What part of Knoxville is she driving to?

Members don't see this ad :)
What part of Knoxville is she driving to?
She drives to West Knoxville on Northshore Dr. I believe she will take the Walker Springs Exit. She works at Resource Advisory Services.

Cool. Good luck to you all.

There's a guy in our class that drives from the Karnes/Powell area every day too.
Thanks Mitch.

If he takes I-75, let him know that I'm interested in carpooling...but our schedules will probably be much different at least for the 1st semester when I'm in Gross Anatomy.

Any news on the waitlist? As time goes on, I'm becoming less patient! I'm so ready to start school and can't stand the thought of applying again!

Any news on the waitlist? As time goes on, I'm becoming less patient! I'm so ready to start school and can't stand the thought of applying again!

i actually just talked to mr. carney... he said so far they have lost 20 people 11 of those places went to waitlisters..... he is sending out a mass email today....... he expects 5-8 more spots to open up.... as july 1st comes around they will pick 5 people and focus on them and getting them into the class.... hpe this helps..... its got me with my fingers crossed and hoping i am one of the lucky people...GL JagerDO

Hey, soccerchicoc. Did Mr. Carney call you today, or did you call him? Also, did he say what the mass e-mail was going to be in regard to?

Although this is my first post, I have been following along for some time. I have news on the waitlist. I was just offered a spot. I have 14 days to let them know.
The waitlist is hard. I feel for anyone still waiting on a spot.
I was beginning to wonder if it would ever move.

Out of curiosity, where are you from wwswaw? Did Dean Stowers give you the call or Mr. Carney?

I live in Virginia, about 30 minutes from LMU. Dean Stowers left a voicemail. I must have been in a dead spot with my cell.

I'm glad you are a true local. They said that first priority was to be given to those from the area, and I've been confused by seeing people from across the country being pulled from the waitlist. No offense to anyone that this applies to. I'm just trying to figure out how this waitlist works... patiently waiting... sort of...

Members don't see this ad :)
JoshKent
Are you a local also. If, so, where are you from?
And, of course, good luck getting in.

So if 11/20 open spots went to waitlisters, does this mean that 9 will be offered shortly? Then an additional 5-8, then the 5 in july? Thanks everyone for your info!

hey guys, i am in a pretty bad situation right now. i've already been accepted to DCOM c/o 2012. however, i failed one of my philosophy classes this past semester. i graduated with a biochem degree and had a phil minor. the professor is a total dbag and grades ridiculously subjectively. What should I do? Should I try to re-take the class over the summer or let it be? I know if you fail a science class your last semester, then med schools rescind acceptances, but what about humanities classes? I mean, i graduated with my science degree anyways. thanks.

I would call and ask Mr. Carney. I doubt it would matter since philosophy is not a pre-med requirement. Worst case scenario, you retake the class this summer.

Hey, soccerchicoc. Did Mr. Carney call you today, or did you call him? Also, did he say what the mass e-mail was going to be in regard to?

i wish i could say that he called me.... that would be great news.... i know sherruns withdrew yesterday so wwswaw probably got her spot....i called him.... and its in regards to the waitlist just keeping us updated

So if 11/20 open spots went to waitlisters, does this mean that 9 will be offered shortly? Then an additional 5-8, then the 5 in july? Thanks everyone for your info!

9 of the spots opened while interviews were going on so they have already been filled.....and possibily the 5-8 depending on how many students drop in the next couple weeks.... hope this helps.... i wish i was from the area so i had a better chance

hey guys, i am in a pretty bad situation right now. i've already been accepted to DCOM c/o 2012. however, i failed one of my philosophy classes this past semester. i graduated with a biochem degree and had a phil minor. the professor is a total dbag and grades ridiculously subjectively. What should I do? Should I try to re-take the class over the summer or let it be? I know if you fail a science class your last semester, then med schools rescind acceptances, but what about humanities classes? I mean, i graduated with my science degree anyways. thanks.

even though you failed that class, you still completed your program...I think you'll be fine...but it is always best to call and clarify..good luck :thumbup:

9 of the spots opened while interviews were going on so they have already been filled.....and possibily the 5-8 depending on how many students drop in the next couple weeks.... hope this helps.... i wish i was from the area so i had a better chance

Not convinced that being from the area gives you a better chance since we are and we haven't gotten the call either . . .

So I understand, there are currently 8 spots open right now?

wwswaw - so are you going to accept DCOM?

JoshKent - are you on a waitlist elsewhere?

Ahh that makes sense, thanks soccerchicoc. Ditto about wishing we had priority!

Not convinced that being from the area gives you a better chance since we are and we haven't gotten the call either . . .

So I understand, there are currently 8 spots open right now?

wwswaw - so are you going to accept DCOM?

JoshKent - are you on a waitlist elsewhere?

They're obviously not going to clear the list because you live 10-15 mins from the school.

However, you do have a better chance of acceptance, given good stats, LORs, interview skills, etc.

So has the mass email gone out yet? Not sure he has the hubby's current email . . .

They're obviously not going to clear the list because you live 10-15 mins from the school.

However, you do have a better chance of acceptance, given good stats, LORs, interview skills, etc.

Yeah, I realize that. but the hubby did great on everything and is from the area! (not a little biased at all!) :laugh: Frankly, they should be paying him to come to their school. :laugh:

We actually forget about the waiting until I check the forum and hear that someone else has been offered a spot and then it's like the waiting begins again! if that makes any sense. . . .

Yeah, I realize that. but the hubby did great on everything and is from the area! (not a little biased at all!) :laugh: Frankly, they should be paying him to come to their school. :laugh:

We actually forget about the waiting until I check the forum and hear that someone else has been offered a spot and then it's like the waiting begins again! if that makes any sense. . . .

I hear ya. Good luck in the process. :thumbup:

Have you guys been calling in to make sure they have received forms that you sent in?

I've sent everything besides my Health forms. Do you think I should call just to make sure they have everything? Or do you think it'd be a bother to the addmission office?

no mass e-mail received on my end...

Last edited:
Have you guys been calling in to make sure they have received forms that you sent in?

I've sent everything besides my Health forms. Do you think I should call just to make sure they have everything? Or do you think it'd be a bother to the addmission office?

I think it's smart to confirm their receipt of your forms. You don't want July 1st to roll around to discover they don't have them and you have to run around trying to fill out new ones. I would send an email though to Paul Carney so he can just get back to you at his convenience. I can imagine the admissions office is pretty swamped right now. In fact, I would wait until you send in your health forms so you can send one email making sure your entire file is in order.

Are your health forms almost complete?

I think it's smart to confirm their receipt of your forms. You don't want July 1st to roll around to discover they don't have them and you have to run around trying to fill out new ones. I would send an email though to Paul Carney so he can just get back to you at his convenience. I can imagine the admissions office is pretty swamped right now. In fact, I would wait until you send in your health forms so you can send one email making sure your entire file is in order.

Are your health forms almost complete?

Thanks...almost completed..just finishing up the titers...Just didnt want to bother them...In fact. Ill just call once everything is in. Thanks!

Hey guys,

We own a house 1.3 miles from school and have a basement apartment that we just finished remodeling available for rent. You can see the school from the drive-way. My husband and I will be living upstairs.

It is large enough for a married couple that REALLY loves each other. :laugh:

1 large Bedroom, 1 bathroom
Kitchen/living room
Laundry/Utility room
Full-size washer & dryer provided
Kitchen appliances provided
Newly remodeled, PLENTY of storage space.
Private entrance
Utilities/internet/cable included
Pet Friendly
$600/month

PM me for details /viewing time, etc.

Hey guys,

We own a house 1.3 miles from school and have a basement apartment that we just finished remodeling available for rent. You can see the school from the drive-way. My husband and I will be living upstairs.

It is large enough for a married couple that REALLY loves each other. :laugh:

1 large Bedroom, 1 bathroom
Kitchen/living room
Laundry/Utility room
Full-size washer & dryer provided
Kitchen appliances provided
Newly remodeled, PLENTY of storage space.
Private entrance
Utilities/internet/cable included
Pet Friendly
$600/month

PM me for details /viewing time, etc.
Sounds like the place my wife and I are renting now from her grandparents :)

BTW, I had to break down and pay for my bearings to be replaced. It wasn't too bad though, we got a redneck buddy to replace the bearing, replace my brakes, and bleed my brake lines for $80. When I called the mechanic in Knoxville they wanted $300 for all that I listed above!

Hey, I sent an e-mail to Janette and she got back to me right away and let me know what stuff they had received and what they hadn't. Im still waiting on my health forms too, but I wanted to make sure my schools sent out my transcripts and make sure they got there.

Hey, I sent an e-mail to Janette and she got back to me right away and let me know what stuff they had received and what they hadn't. Im still waiting on my health forms too, but I wanted to make sure my schools sent out my transcripts and make sure they got there.

Thanks! Ill shoot out an email to her as well.

Does anyone know if our health insurance plan through bluecross covers vision? I am in desperate need of some new contacts and I dont know if I should just fork out the money now and buy some or wait till I have insurance :confused:

Does anyone know if our health insurance plan through bluecross covers vision? I am in desperate need of some new contacts and I dont know if I should just fork out the money now and buy some or wait till I have insurance :confused:

I believe the basic plan does not cover vision, but you may have the option to add it. I am going thru this right now and will be calling the insurance chick tomorrow to find out the details. Once I know, I will post and let you guys know.

I'm glad people are talking about forms because I have totally forgotten to get a transcript sent. I should really do that today.

Can someone give me the mailing address for transcripts? I am at work and can walk over and get a transcript sent today so I don't forget but I don't have the address. And I can't figure it out from the website. Thanks for your help!

Can someone give me the mailing address for transcripts? I am at work and can walk over and get a transcript sent today so I don't forget but I don't have the address. And I can't figure it out from the website. Thanks for your help!

LMU-DCOM
Office of Admissions
Attn: Janette Martin
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752

Try to find an "americas best contacts and eye lenses" near you...they have amazing deals...and it will come out cheaper than paying premiums for vision coverage

I believe I paid $110 for 5 years of unlimited vision checkups, plus amazing deals on contacts and cheap eye glasses and all the eye screenings such as glaucoma, etc.

In our matriculation packet it says send all forms to
LMU-DCOM
Office of Admissions and Student Advancement
Class of 2012
Harrogate, TN 37752

LMU-DCOM
Office of Admissions
Attn: Janette Martin
Harrogate, TN 37752

sorry...didn't realize you already covered it! So what are your plans for this summer? it will be your last break :eek:

Try to find an "americas best contacts and eye lenses" near you...they have amazing deals...and it will come out cheaper than paying premiums for vision coverage

I believe I paid $110 for 5 years of unlimited vision checkups, plus amazing deals on contacts and cheap eye glasses and all the eye screenings such as glaucoma, etc.

Thanks for the info! I looked them up and unfortunately they don't have any stores in my area :( I think I may try a vision center in Walmart or Costco, hopefully they are cheap!

Hello everyone! Well I'm here (New Tazewell anyway)! My wife and I have been here for a little over two weeks now and we love it so far. Everyone is super nice and seem to actually care about getting things done right and not "just done". The only problem we have encountered so far is CenturyTel, I'm paying twice as much for internet than I was with AT&T dsl. Good luck to you guys still waiting I hope you here something real soon.

That's awesome thanks!! I actually found one in Glendale, AZ. Woo hoo!! :D

That's awesome thanks!! I actually found one in Glendale, AZ. Woo hoo!! :D

thanks...

actually, I apologize, looks like they changed it recently....here is the link
http://www.bestcontacts.com/club/

it costs $20 more and the limit it to 2 exams per year.....used to be unlimited...

but it's still 10 exams over 5 years for $139...comes out to $13.90 per exam

Glendale is absolutely beautiful...I hope you have lots of fun down there! Make sure you don't blow all of your money at the Scottsdale Square Mall either ;)