LMU-DCOM (DeBusk COM) Discussion thread Part 2 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank goodness a couple post on forms caught my eye, I just set up an appointment for the physical, drug testing and shots. Working 13 and 14 hour shifts at night so much, for months now I have just been sleeping as soon as I got home, and I totally forgot. Got one set up next Wends in Middlesboro. Yikes.

Members don't see this ad.

We're moving down to Harrogate today!!! :hardy: It's going to be great doing this in record high heat :rolleyes: So who's throwing the BBQ?

It's hard to believe I'm even posting this . . .

the hubby got an email this a.m. saying he was accepted!

We are very excited but very nervous too.

Can't wait to meet those that have been accepted and posting here - see you soon!

Fingers crossed for JoshKent and JagerDO!

Members don't see this ad :)

Can't wait to meet those that have been accepted and posting here - see you soon!

Congrats! That is so exciting! :hardy: Can't wait to meet you when school starts.

OMG! Wooo Hoooo! I've been puling for you guys all along. Congrats! :hardy::love:

woohoo!! The magic powers of SDN do work!!
:clap::clap::banana::banana:
We're moving down to Harrogate today!!! :hardy: It's going to be great doing this in record high heat :rolleyes: So who's throwing the BBQ?

lucky!! I wanna move down on July 1st...but my parents just want me to work, work, work.....arghhh

Wonderful news!!
welcome to the DCOM family :D

Hello! This is my first post on SDN. I'm pretty excited to start school in a couple of weeks. I just got my address for the University Inn Apartments yesterday and was wondering if anyone else was going to be living there this year. It was pretty funny though that the town the school is in is so small that the "on campus apartments" are technically in another city! Anyways, look forward to meeting you all :)

Hello! This is my first post on SDN. I'm pretty excited to start school in a couple of weeks. I just got my address for the University Inn Apartments yesterday and was wondering if anyone else was going to be living there this year. It was pretty funny though that the town the school is in is so small that the "on campus apartments" are technically in another city! Anyways, look forward to meeting you all :)

Lol..I also find that funny....This will be a HUGGGE change for me....I have been living in the Chicago suburbs since the day I was born

3rd floor here!

Great news DanaRenee! Of course I'm a lil jealous but very happy for you guys! Hopefully I'll be joining you two next month! :)

2nd floor :D

I am sure this was probably covered in the 1000's of pages of posts here...but I wanted to ask what appliances and furniture does the university inn rooms come with?

Bed, desk, etc? Can someone please put a detailed list of all appliances and furniture included so I know what else to shop for? Thanks!

Is it different for a 2 bedroom? Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also on the 3rd floor. Congrats DanaRenee -- that is such great news!! Can't wait to meet everyone; it is getting so close!

I am also on the 3rd floor. Congrats DanaRenee -- that is such great news!! Can't wait to meet everyone; it is getting so close!

Is anyone else on the 4th floor? I feel like I'm the only one, haha!

I am also on the third floor! Can't believe were going to have a Hokie fan on our floor though! Yuck!!! hahahaha :p I'm in 317!

what floor is the best?

For convenience, the 1st -- esp. if you're moving in and stuff ... also when you're running out the apts in a mad dash to get to your car and get to school barely on time (when running late) -- no stairs or elevators to worry about.

For social purposes, it seemed like the 2nd floor was ideal b/c it seemed like almost everyone was in the 2nd floor (most filled floor). That also has its perks in terms of not having to move all your stuff to the 3rd and 4th floors, as well.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it'll be the same it seems this upcoming year, although it depends on how many of your cohorts decide to live in the apts (so as to determine if your floor even fills).

This is what the website has listed for what comes in the 1 bedroom (the only difference for the two room is an extra nightstand):
Built-in cabinets, closet and bookcase, Desk with chair, One 6-drawer dresser, Queen bed, One nightstand

I am on the fourth floor too. Glad to see someone else is going to be up there--I've been holding off seeing "The Strangers" till I knew I wasn't going to be alone up in the mountains! Ha
Does anyone know if the odd #ed rooms face the mountains or the trees? :rolleyes:

congrats to him danarenee...hopefully the rest of you will get that email soon....

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be on the 4th floor too :D Thank god its furnished! No heavy furniture to push up the stairs

I am also on the third floor! Can't believe were going to have a Hokie fan on our floor though! Yuck!!! hahahaha :p I'm in 317!

I can just about guarantee you are going to hear Enter Sandman being played quite a bit.

Hey! Can anyone tell us which apartments face the mountains and which face the parking lot, the odd or the even? Also, the gym at the university inn, is that any good? thanks!

Sheruns... whatever have you decided to do with your multiple acceptances? I have been waiting to hear your decision....

Apple to Release New iPhone Today: Although there has been no official announcement yet, numerous news organizations are expecting Apple to announce version 2 of the iPhone sometime today. The new iPhone is rumored to drop in price from $399 to $199 (according to USA Today), certainly a hot deal for someone who doesn't mind the high prices of AT&T's service, or can unlock it to work on another GSM network like T-Mobile. Along with a lower price tag, built-in GPS and a few new features, the new iPhone is expected to support faster bandwidth.
spacer.gif

There is no official announcement when stores will put the new iPhone for sale, however Apple stores and the AT&T Store pulled all old iPhones out of inventory, so it is probably likely they will begin selling the new iPhone very soon.

Apple to Release New iPhone Today: Although there has been no official announcement yet, numerous news organizations are expecting Apple to announce version 2 of the iPhone sometime today. The new iPhone is rumored to drop in price from $399 to $199 (according to USA Today), certainly a hot deal for someone who doesn't mind the high prices of AT&T's service, or can unlock it to work on another GSM network like T-Mobile. Along with a lower price tag, built-in GPS and a few new features, the new iPhone is expected to support faster bandwidth.
spacer.gif

There is no official announcement when stores will put the new iPhone for sale, however Apple stores and the AT&T Store pulled all old iPhones out of inventory, so it is probably likely they will begin selling the new iPhone very soon.
Already announced...looks pretty sweet.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/09/steve-jobs-keynote-live-from-wwdc-2008/

spacer.gif

I :love: you guys for posting that! I'm sooo getting one! :D

This has caused a tough dilemma for me...do I buy an iPhone now, or do I wait until the end of the year to pick up a phone with Google's Android OS?

Here's a compressed version for those interested:
http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/09/iphone-3g-is-finally-official/

now..it shows the 8gb model starting at $199...now is that the subsidized cost? or upfront cost?

I would just get the new iphone now..and ebay it when the google one comes out...you only paid $199 for it and you are bound to get much more if that is the subsidized cost

I think I'm going to get the new iphone. I need to switch to ATT anyways and it'll be nice having a new cool phone. Of course it seems like they used to have a better deal for internet usage but now they are charging the $30 data plans. I guess I won't be cutting corners with my phone plan.

Well I got the alternate list update email from Mr. Carney and sent him my updates as well. For those of you curious, this year's movement is very similar to last year's. Only 1 1/2 months, I'm getting nervous that I won't make it off this list (apparently there are 100+ people on the list). I was in this same situation last year being on the waitlist for a MD school til August. Sherruns, I need your good luck vibes! :luck:

Well I got the alternate list update email from Mr. Carney and sent him my updates as well. For those of you curious, this year's movement is very similar to last year's. Only 1 1/2 months, I'm getting nervous that I won't make it off this list (apparently there are 100+ people on the list). I was in this same situation last year being on the waitlist for a MD school til August. Sherruns, I need your good luck vibes! :luck:

So did they mention anything about when the committee was meeting next or at this point are all the seats filled and just waiting to see if any more empty up?

I'm really pulling for ya but that doesn't count for much does it??

Yeah he said they meet as spots open. Thanks for your support DanaRenee!

More iphone news :cry:: http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/94465 I'm beginning to doubt my ability to pay a $100/month cell phone bill as a med student! :eek:

IMO, it would be a waste to spend that much a month on a phone. Yeah, the features are nice, but honestly, how often are you really gonna be away from your computer where you need all the bells and whitles the iphone offers. The biggest thing you will want is unlimited texts.....other than that, you will have your computer around you, so why would you not use the internet on that?

IMO, it would be a waste to spend that much a month on a phone. Yeah, the features are nice, but honestly, how often are you really gonna be away from your computer where you need all the bells and whitles the iphone offers. The biggest thing you will want is unlimited texts.....other than that, you will have your computer around you, so why would you not use the internet on that?

You're totally right . . . It's not practical. I just wanted to be fancy :(

I guess I'll just wait till I'm done with residency. The iphone in 2015 is gonna be soooo awesome. I'm holding out for that. :D

I guess I'll just wait till I'm done with residency. The iphone in 2015 is gonna be soooo awesome. I'm holding out for that. :D

:lol: Yeah....I hear 2015 is gonna be the best....year....ever.

I would look at the phones that makes texting easy......I know I've mentioned the Blackjack before, but it is a great phone, the best I've ever had.

I hear you...no way I'm spending $100 per month on a phone :eyebrow:

You guys are forgetting that the world ends in 2012...
This is very true, so to all those who have already been accepted into class of 2012: I will gladly take your place at DCOM so you don't have to spend your last four years alive studying...you are welcome.

The "new" iphone cracks me up, because all they did was put in the features they wanted to put in on the last one but were constrained by time and resources. (first hand knowledge) I still want one though.

You'd be surprised. Many of my friends that have one don't take their computer with them now. Also, the music player is the primary function outside of the phone. I have my ipod and cell phone on me at all times...It is just part of my gear I carry. That would make things much more convenient for me. Every new piece of technology has people going "but seriously, what would you ever use that for when you have _____". Hell, people thought PCs would tank. The recording industry though MP3 technology was a joke. Nobody in their right mind would want lower quality music! The list can go on forever.

after the email mr carney sent out my phone is never leaving my side.... im so nervous i keep praying that I recieve that call already have the application for next year filled out and waiting to submit but i really hope i don't need to:luck: