LMU Secondary on AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDoc91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a secondary for LMU on AACOMAS yet? The essay question is, "Medical school requires a huge commitment in time and energy. How have you prepared for this commitment? OR 2. If you are a re-applicant please tell us what you have done to strengthen your application."

Now I am a reapplicant, but I did NOT apply to LMU last time, so do I still count as reapplicant for them? Just trying to figure out which question I should answer.

Also, it gives you room for 5000 characters, but it also says "short essay." Any thoughts on how long it should actually be then?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I dont really have an answer to your question but Im hoping you will be able to answer mine haha. I submitted my AACOMAS and LMU secondary this morning, and I went to that link on the bottom of the page and paid the 50$. Does this mean im completely done with LMU and I just sit and wait to see if I get an interview now? Im only asking because it seems too easy haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I dont really have an answer to your question but Im hoping you will be able to answer mine haha. I submitted my AACOMAS and LMU secondary this morning, and I went to that link on the bottom of the page and paid the 50$. Does this mean im completely done with LMU and I just sit and wait to see if I get an interview now? Im only asking because it seems too easy haha

I think so yes. It says right on their AACOMAS page that the essay serves as their secondary. Nothing left to do except wait for them to reach out to you, as long as you have everything else submitted (LORs, transcript, etc). How long was your essay? Did you take the full 5000 characters?

Members don't see this ad :)
No not even close, I think only 1700. My MD personal statement was around 5100 characters, so to write a secondary 5000 characters long would be crazy

No not even close, I think only 1700. My MD personal statement was around 5100 characters, so to write a secondary 5000 characters long would be crazy

That's what I was thinking too. It even says "short essay" so I was thinking like 3 paragraphs or so.

I would assume that the re-applicant question applies as long as you're a re-applicant, regardless of if you applied to LMU previously. Worst case scenario, even if they did mean "a re-applicant to LMU" specifically, I doubt they'd hold it against you if you interpreted that differently.
I actually broke down and just called the school and they told me I am not a reapplicant, so I should just answer the first question. I'm glad I called because I was definitely thinking the same thing and was just going to go with the second question.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually broke down and just called the school and they told me I am not a reapplicant, so I should just answer the first question. I'm glad I called because I was definitely thinking the same thing and was just going to go with the second question.

You asked the exact same question that I was questioning for their secondary, so thanks so much for relieving me of the same anxiety.

Reactions: 1 users