Loan for Canadian student studying pharmacy in US?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tobeornottobe1994

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am a Canadian student and I am going to study pharmacy in the US. My plan is to study and work in the US after graduation. I have several questions regarding loans.

My expenses for pharmacy school will either be:
a) 55K USD (with living) * 4 years = 220,000 USD
b) 75K USD (with living) * 3 years = 225,000 USD

I am applying for OSAP but it will only help a bit, and so will my parents. So, I will ignore both in the calculation.

My questions are:

1)will banks give me 250K CAD of LOC for pharmacy school?
I heard these amounts are only for medical and dental schools. I am hoping that working in the US will help me pay this huge loan in 5 years. From my general research, pharmacist on average make 120K USD and 100K USD after graduation.

2) Did you take LOC? if yes, from which bank and for how much?

Thank you in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys,

I am a Canadian student and I am going to study pharmacy in the US. My plan is to study and work in the US after graduation. I have several questions regarding loans.

My expenses for pharmacy school will either be:
a) 55K USD (with living) * 4 years = 220,000 USD
b) 75K USD (with living) * 3 years = 225,000 USD

I am applying for OSAP but it will only help a bit, and so will my parents. So, I will ignore both in the calculation.

My questions are:

1)will banks give me 250K CAD of LOC for pharmacy school?
I heard these amounts are only for medical and dental schools. I am hoping that working in the US will help me pay this huge loan in 5 years. From my general research, pharmacist on average make 120K USD and 100K USD after graduation.

2) Did you take LOC? if yes, from which bank and for how much?

Thank you in advance :)
Hi I am also a Canadian student and I want to apply to US pharmacy school next year. May I ask which university you are going to? Thx!

have you considered the canadian schools first? the entrance average for most schools is ~80% and generally dont even require the PCAT

Go to a school in Canada if possible. The US schools you plan to attend are extremely overpriced. It's definitely not worth taking out $200k+ in loans to go to school in the US where the job market is saturated and getting worse each year.