Program-Specific Info / Q's Loma Linda OT video interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Everyone,

I have my interview on on Wednesday. It was really helpful to hear the experiences of others. I am trying to be as prepared as possible. I have a question for anyone that has done the interview before. Do the questions relate to the OT observations we have done? Is there anything else they ask about? Again, I am just trying to be as prepared as possible. This is the first interview I have done so I am quite nervous.

Thanks everyone.

David
Hi David - I did mine a few days ago. Here’s my take: I don’t think everyone gets the exact same 4 questions but just be prepared to talk about your OT observations anyways (just in case). For me, it was more job interview’ish questions, in a way. The questions weren’t difficult - I think it’s a matter of if you can elaborate further on it. Think about your background, experiences, and yourself.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I haven't gotten an interview invite yet. However I got an email from LLU financial aid offices to submit documents. Anyone else get an email like that?

No interview yet, and also received the same financial aid email.

I submitted my app on Oct 23rd. Patiently waiting for my interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got it, I have my interview in about an hour. Thanks so much for the advice. I am looking forward to it.

No interview yet, and also received the same financial aid email.

I submitted my app on Oct 23rd. Patiently waiting for my interview.
I'm still waiting on an interview invite too. I submitted Oct. 20th so I'm sure we'll get an interview invite around the same time. As for the financial aid stuff, I was surprised they wanted us to submit documents if they haven't accepted us yet

What exactly did the financial aid email say?

You guys should log in to your LLU portal (the website for your supplementary application) and if you see any changes?
Also, if you see a section that says "finance, payment" etc. that means your portal changed and you've been accepted? I'm just basing this off of my fiance's acceptance to the doctorate program.
It seems like the people without interviews yet have received this
What exactly did the financial aid email say?

You guys should log in to your LLU portal (the website for your supplementary application) and if you see any changes?
Also, if you see a section that says "finance, payment" etc. that means your portal changed and you've been accepted? I'm just basing this off of my fiance's acceptance to the doctorate program.
I also didn’t receive this financial aid email and I interviewed last week. This is so weird...

Okay I was wondering if anyone that interviewed got the email too? I interviewed last week too and thought how could they have made decisions when there are still interviews this week and in two weeks. Ive been in my head all day today -_- lol got off work and checked my mailbox and hoping and praying I don’t see a letter because I JUST interviewed last week. No news is good news sometimes lol

They wont be sending out emails on acceptances until Jan

Okay I was wondering if anyone that interviewed got the email too? I interviewed last week too and thought how could they have made decisions when there are still interviews this week and in two weeks. Ive been in my head all day today -_- lol got off work and checked my mailbox and hoping and praying I don’t see a letter because I JUST interviewed last week. No news is good news sometimes lol

We most likely overlooked some financial aid info, and that is why we received an email.

Have you guys heard back from LLU yet for the interview

I was contacted last week because I forgot to upload a document. I am sure the rest of us will get contacted this week since last week had a holiday and they were probably not looking at apps

Members don't see this ad :)
Hiiii, I have my interview on Friday and I'm sooo nervous because Im a pretty shy person and not that great at interviews. Does anyone have any advice on preparing for the interview?

Hello everyone!

I have my Zoom interview tomorrow and have been prepping for it for the past week. For those of you who have done the interview, may I ask for any advice/tips or a general idea as to what kind of questions we may be asked? Please feel free to message me as well! I'd really appreciate it.

Congratulations on getting this far in the process. We have to trust in the journey and do the best we can! Positive vibes!

- Anonymous Motus

Hello everyone!

I have my Zoom interview tomorrow and have been prepping for it for the past week. For those of you who have done the interview, may I ask for any advice/tips or a general idea as to what kind of questions we may be asked? Please feel free to message me as well! I'd really appreciate it.

Congratulations on getting this far in the process. We have to trust in the journey and do the best we can! Positive vibes!

- Anonymous Motus
Hi! Can I ask you when you submitted your application. I'm still waiting on an interview invite

Praying we hear back beginning of Jan. Good luck to everyone who interviewed! Hopefully we are all classmates soon!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! Can I ask you when you submitted your application. I'm still waiting on an interview invite

I submitted my application at the beginning of September, submitted my supplemental on Sept. 25th, and was invited last Tuesday for an interview. The wait was tearing me apart. I hope you get an invitation soon! Keep the positive vibes!

ahhhhh, I just had my interview today and I dont feel confident at all. D: I forgot to say alot of things I wanted to..but im praying the interviewer thought otherwise and liked what I said. anyways, best of luck to those who still have interviews!

ahhhhh, I just had my interview today and I dont feel confident at all. D: I forgot to say alot of things I wanted to..but im praying the interviewer thought otherwise and liked what I said. anyways, best of luck to those who still have interviews!

Trust I dont feel that well about the Zoom either....but hopefully we are classmates soon!!! Good luck everyone!!!

Well besides the stress of our future on the lines what is everyone doing over Christmas break? We have about a month left til we hear back which is excruciating so I pray everyone is keeping busy

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an invitation for the video interview! Didn't know they were still reviewing this late but this is awesome news!

Last edited:
Hahah yes enjoying the Christmas break, all I want for cmas is an acceptance letter lol — I’m off from work til Jan 7 (I work for the school district) so I’m just hanging back, TONS of rest, family time, hanging with my nieces, my fiancé just finished his first quarter of LLU DrPH program so finally time to just spend time together because life was so busy for him recently. Just enjoying this R&R time and staying hopeful. I keep joking saying i need to really soak in this Christmas break and enjoy the unknown right now where things are still oh so calm and hopeful before January starts and the stress level goes up because decisions start rolling out lol.

But Praying all of you have peace in your mind and heart and simply be present and enjoy this Christmas season.. trusting the Lord that He’s got this whatever that may be..hopefully remembering Who He is this season will give us all peace in our mind and hearts for the upcoming month.

Wishing you all and your families a VERY merry Christmas. Praying we all embark on our journey of being classmates real soon.

Yes completely agree. HE is the reason for the season. I work for LLU School or Nursing and we are out on break also. Planning this mini vaca of R&R with some family time as well. Embracing the unknown is truly the hardest part. Just prayed and left it all out there. We do what we can and God handles the rest.

Hi guys I have been following this forum for a while and just want to say that it’s been super helpful! You guys have been so positive throughout this whole experience! Congrats to every one who’s gotten their interview, I’m sure y’all killed it! I just got accepted to the Summer 2019 term and I’m super excited!! Has anyone else? I can’t wait to meet you guys (soon to be classmates).

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys I have been following this forum for a while and just want to say that it’s been super helpful! You guys have been so positive throughout this whole experience! Congrats to every one who’s gotten their interview, I’m sure y’all killed it! I just got accepted to the Summer 2019 term and I’m super excited!! Has anyone else? I can’t wait to meet you guys (soon to be classmates).

Wow. Congrats! Thats amazing. Madge told me I would get a notification in January. Hopefully before Spring semester starts as I would like to take my last Bio class.

When did you have your interview and how did it go?

Wait, what you got your acceptance already? Congrats to you! I also thought they were going to notify us in January. Hope to be future classmates!

Hello guys I will just post my reply to your messages here! Yeah I was very surprised I got the acceptance letter via email yesterday afternoonish. I submitted my supplemental application late October and did my interview on November 2. To be honest, I was not too confident about my interview but I did the best I could. I am very sure you will all get your acceptance letter soon or in January. The interviewee told me late December and January is when they were going to send out decisions. Hope that helped!! Good luck everyone :) super exciting!!

Reactions: 3 users
But please please don’t get discouraged if you have not heard already I think mine just came early :/

Has anyone else heard or gotten anything?

I haven't heard anything yet. Now I'm getting nervous....ugh! I wasnt feeling too confident about my interview either. But now is just the waiting game. Praying for some good news!

Hello guys I will just post my reply to your messages here! Yeah I was very surprised I got the acceptance letter via email yesterday afternoonish. I submitted my supplemental application late October and did my interview on November 2. To be honest, I was not too confident about my interview but I did the best I could. I am very sure you will all get your acceptance letter soon or in January. The interviewee told me late December and January is when they were going to send out decisions. Hope that helped!! Good luck everyone :) super exciting!!

Hello, congrats on getting in! Just curious, what were your stats like? Thanks! :)

I completed my video interview back in October! Did anyone else not like the Zoom interview format? I felt so rushed trying to get my point across for each question in only 5 minutes. They told me we’d hear back in January. LLU is my top choice so I am hoping and praying my interview went well and I got a spot! Good luck to everyone!!!

I completed my video interview back in October! Did anyone else not like the Zoom interview format? I felt so rushed trying to get my point across for each question in only 5 minutes. They told me we’d hear back in January. LLU is my top choice so I am hoping and praying my interview went well and I got a spot! Good luck to everyone!!!

Just waiting also. Yeah I did not like Zoom at all. The school is back from winter break this week so hopefully in the next 2 weeks we should hear something.

Hello, congrats on getting in! Just curious, what were your stats like? Thanks! :)
Hello, thank you so much!!
My stats: overall gpa: 3.65
Prerequisite gpa: 4.0
60 hours of volunteer hours under a pediatric setting. However, I’m shadowing a hand therapist right now but didn’t count those hours towards my application. Hand therapy is really cool stuff!

Reactions: 4 users
Hello, thank you so much!!
My stats: overall gpa: 3.65
Prerequisite gpa: 4.0
60 hours of volunteer hours under a pediatric setting. However, I’m shadowing a hand therapist right now but didn’t count those hours towards my application. Hand therapy is really cool stuff!

Are you from out of state or country?

Still patiently waiting to know my status. :xf:

Are you from out of state or country?

Still patiently waiting to know my status. :xf:

I called and they stated within the next 2 weeks final decisions will be sent out. So before the 18th I guess we should know?
Praying!

I called and they stated within the next 2 weeks final decisions will be sent out. So before the 18th I guess we should know?
Praying!
How many spots are there for the MOT program? Is it 45?

Hey guys so I noticed and heard through the grapevines the December acceptances are international transcripts. So I wonder if they sent out the first batch to individuals who are international first, to give them time to make arrangements. Still obsessively checking my mail and mailbox lol and patiently waiting

Have no idea...but makes sense! Yeah the waiting is painstaking, but by Friday next week we should be receiving some good news! Praying we are all classmates soon!

Hey guys so I noticed and heard through the grapevines the December acceptances are international transcripts. So I wonder if they sent out the first batch to individuals who are international first, to give them time to make arrangements. Still obsessively checking my mail and mailbox lol and patiently waiting
Same here! I’ve been checking my email every hour today...

I had a feeling out of state or international get first dibs, and that's why I asked in an earlier post where where they from. I believe someone from Australia also got accepted in another thread.

Still patiently waiting...