Program-Specific Info / Q's Loma Linda OT video interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys! i got accepted back in december via email! i wish the best of luck to those who are still waiting! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Have you confirmed your attendance ? If not when is the deadline to do so ?
yeah i confirmed it the day i got accepted. i think the deadline is two weeks after they send you an acceptance email. im not quite sure though, it stated the deadline in the email from what i remember. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just found out I am in alternate (waitlist) list.
Check it through application status portal.
I am in number 5 of waitlist

Last edited:
Through email that they sent it to you after you submitted your secondary application form. It would give you the link to get access to your application status.
I just checked and I am on the alternate waitlist as well

I just checked and I am on the alternate waitlist as well
I checked and I can't find any news on the portal. I checked on the applications summary where there is the application data and recommendations but it doesn't say anything about my actual status.

I checked and I can't find any news on the portal. I checked on the applications summary where there is the application data and recommendations but it doesn't say anything about my actual status.
Yeah, same. I can't find any change in my application portal

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just found out I am in alternate (waitlist) list.
Check it through application status portal.
I am in number 5 of waitlist
I am on the waitlist as well! How did you find out what # you are?

A little more detail on where to check would be nice. What tab? Under what box? etc....

Thanks

A little more detail on where to check would be nice. What tab? Under what box? etc....

Thanks
Once you log into your portal, under "Additional Requirements" in purple it says "Application Status"
and once you click that on the top of my page it says "You are on the Alternate List"

I hope this helps!

Reactions: 3 users
For those who have been accepted, has your application portal changed in any way?

I think you should go to email that they sent it to you after you were done with secondary application form submission. In email, it will give you the link or portal to get access to your application status. After iou log in, it will show you the application menu, from here you can click on the “summer of 2019” or “application status” under additional requirements. It will show your status.
For the waitlist number position, I just emailed Madge and she gave me in 10 minutes. Hope it would help a bit

I don't see any changes on my portal either...

I think you should go to email that they sent it to you after you were done with secondary application form submission. In email, it will give you the link or portal to get access to your application status. After iou log in, it will show you the application menu, from here you can click on the “summer of 2019” or “application status” under additional requirements. It will show your status.
For the waitlist number position, I just emailed Madge and she gave me in 10 minutes. Hope it would help a bit
What is our next step now that we are on the waitlist? Do we just wait until we are offered a spot?

Yes, I just wait for the miracles happen.
What is your position in waitlist, if you got one, Meganlsot?
Good luck to all.

Yes, I just wait for the miracles happen.
What is your position in waitlist, if you got one, Meganlsot?
Good luck to all.
I just emailed Madge to see so waiting to hear back. It sounds like they need me to send my updated transcripts too to make sure I’m on track. I don’t have my degree yet so they probably want to make sure of that.

Yeah when you click "Application Status" it takes you to another page and at the top it says "Congratulations on your acceptance. To get ready for registration, please click here." I haven't received a mailed acceptance letter yet, so I'm assuming acceptances will just be done through email?
I got my acceptance letter in late November. You'll get your acceptance letter in your mail couple days after you receive your email.

Wow congratulations to you on all 3 of those schools! When did Columbia get back you? Also, would you mind sharing your stats and when you sent in your app?
oh no I haven't heard from Columbia! Sorry I meant I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I sent in my app on the last day it was due for both SMU & Loma Linda....lol don't ever do that the amount of stress was overwhelming.

In terms of stats what did you want to know? My cumulative GPA was pretty low since I was a different major in undergrad but my prerequisite & science GPA was high as well as my last 60 units! To be honest I think it was the interview that really helped me get in because when I talked to other applicants their stats seemed so much stronger than mine...haha

Yeah when you click "Application Status" it takes you to another page and at the top it says "Congratulations on your acceptance. To get ready for registration, please click here." I haven't received a mailed acceptance letter yet, so I'm assuming acceptances will just be done through email?

Hey did you get an email notification for waitlist as well?

Thanks for your encouragement.
Do you remember if you found out you were waitlisted in January or after that?
I believe I found out in late January or early February and I was not accepted until mid March. I was in the top 6...I think.
If you made it to the alternate list, CONGRATS, there's hope!! Some people may accept the offer and end up dropping once they hear from their top choices. Spots WILL open up.
Best of luck ya'll, positive vibes

I believe I found out in late January or early February and I was not accepted until mid March. I was in the top 6...I think.
If you made it to the alternate list, CONGRATS, there's hope!! Some people may accept the offer and end up dropping once they hear from their top choices. Spots WILL open up.
Best of luck ya'll, positive vibes
How many people do you think are on the waitlist? I am so nervous and praying I get a spot!:(

Hi everyone! I recently received a rejection letter. I was really surprised but Madge said that this year has been one of their most competitive. Good luck to everyone!

Same I did not get in. But reapplying this year. Not gonna give up.

Yes girl, do not give up! Great attitude! Did you ask how you could improve for next year?

I’m still in the world of unknown.
Yes, I do agree with OurjourneyToOT that we should not give up. Positive attitude with resilience of pursuing will be paid off.
This field is very competitive now. Did you apply to other programs beside LLU?

Last edited:
My friend who is also waiting to hear back said that she called the office today and told her that they just completed their last round of decisions yesterday. They also mentioned that it takes a week to process emails and mail. So let's stay in prayer and good luck to the rest of us who haven't heard anything back yet!

My friend who is also waiting to hear back said that she called the office today and told her that they just completed their last round of decisions yesterday. They also mentioned that it takes a week to process emails and mail. So let's stay in prayer and good luck to the rest of us who haven't heard anything back yet!

They told me the same thing. So one more week to go guys!

I did as well. I still haven’t heard back from Madge thought about what number I am
Has Madge gotten back to you? I emailed her yesterday morning asking what number I am on the alternative list, but she hasn’t replied to me yet. :(

Has Madge gotten back to you? I emailed her yesterday morning asking what number I am on the alternative list, but she hasn’t replied to me yet. :(
No she hasn’t. I asked the same question around noon yesterday but haven’t heard anything. I have no idea why:(

On your portal page does it say to send updated transcripts, immunizations, and to do a background check?

On your portal page does it say to send updated transcripts, immunizations, and to do a background check?
The email said those checked items should be done as soon as there is a movement from alternate to accepted status. For me I just have a checked box for immunization item. But if you have a checked box for transcripts, I think you should update through OTCAS or call Madge for more details.