Program-Specific Info / Q's Loma Linda OT video interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was on the waitlist and haven’t heard back. But I just now gave up that waitlist spot since I got into Midwestern and going there instead (also my top choice). Goodluck everyone! Almost there!!
Congratulations on your a acceptance to Midwestern! Wish you the very best

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone from the alternate list receive any updates? I’m still praying and hoping that some spots will open up !

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the alternate list receive any updates? I’m still praying and hoping that some spots will open up !

No I haven't got any updates. With only 10 people on the waitlist I am sure that at least half would get in?

Hey guys! I'm also a first year OT student at LLU. Congratulations on your acceptances :) cannot wait to meet all of you. I wanted to let you know, I created a Facebook group page for you guys to all meet and interact. It was a struggle for my cohort to meet everyone ahead of time so I wanted to be proactive and help you guys out. The group page is "LLU MOT Class of 2022". PLEASE JOIN and SHARE with your future classmates. It's a great way to start connecting with your cohort, ask questions, and figure out living situations. Let me know if you have any questions!

Those accepted... anyone know if a Facebook group was created? Or something to connect?
Hey! I'm a current first year OT student at LLU. I created a Facebook group page for you guys called "LLU MOT Class of 2022". Please join and congrats on your acceptance! I'm so excited for you to start your journey.

No updates for me either. I’ve been trying to keep in touch every so often with Madge though regarding updated hours. I’m praying so hard for spots to open up. All of this waiting is so difficult:unsure:

For anyone who has been accepted or knows the answer to this, when does the 2019 class start their session?

No updates for me either. I’ve been trying to keep in touch every so often with Madge though regarding updated hours. I’m praying so hard for spots to open up. All of this waiting is so difficult:unsure:
don't lose faith! I know some of my classmates who were accepted later in the months so there is always still a possibility!

don't lose faith! I know some of my classmates who were accepted later in the months so there is always still a possibility!
Do you currently attend LLU? If so, can you share your experience with the school?

Do you currently attend LLU? If so, can you share your experience with the school?
I do! I'm currently a first year MOT student at LLU, same cohort as CA2WAGIRL. I personally really enjoy the OT program at LLU because the professors are amazing and they truly care about your education. We do move at a bit slower place than other OT schools but honestly I'm grateful for it because there's a ton of information each quarter. We are into our orthopedics quarter where we are feeling like OTs! We are focusing on treatment, therapy, billing etc. based on different conditions.
Anatomy is the first hurdle but it's really not too bad so don't be scared! It can feel like a lot but my entire cohort did fine and it's kinda fun to suffer together ahaa. Let me know if you guys have more specific questions I can help with :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! Does anyone happen to know when those of us on the waitlist will hear back by?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you planning to attend this summer, is anyone looking for a roomate? I’m currently look for a place to rent and would love to connect with others in the same situation.

Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist? I am getting so nervous, especially with my job contract being up for renewal it leaves me with such limited options.

Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist? I am getting so nervous, especially with my job contract being up for renewal it leaves me with such limited options.
Unfortunately I still haven't heard back. This has been the longest wait. Sorry to hear that, hopefully we get some news this month.

I have not heard anything yet either. It's been such a long wait:(

For those of you planning to attend this summer, is anyone looking for a roomate? I’m currently look for a place to rent and would love to connect with others in the same situation.

Just to let you know there's a facebook page for the MOT 2022 class!

I have not heard anything yet either. It's been such a long wait:(
If you guys are on the waitlist, the response could come at anytime! Some people heard back a few weeks before anatomy began. Just to give you guys a heads up! :)

If you guys are on the waitlist, the response could come at anytime! Some people heard back a few weeks before anatomy began. Just to give you guys a heads up! :)
Thanks for lifting our spirits. This helps after such a long wait. Crossing my fingers we get in this summer!

MADGE JUST CALLED AND OFFERED ME A SPOT!!!

Praying for all of you on the waitlist there is hope!

Reactions: 5 users
MADGE JUST CALLED AND OFFERED ME A SPOT!!!

Praying for all of you on the waitlist there is hope!
That is so awesome! Congradulations I also got offered a spot for their program just 30 min ago!

Reactions: 5 users
That is so awesome! Congradulations I also got offered a spot for their program just 30 min ago!
Congratulations to both of you, happy to hear the good news! Maybe I'll get a call soon!

Yayyy! Congrats to the both of you!!!! I received an acceptance offer on Tuesday. I can’t wait to meet you all!

And for those still waiting, don’t lose hope!

Congrats to everyone who got off the waitlist! Did anyone notice their LLU account info changed before they called to inform you about the acceptance?

Hey guys!
I am applying for Loma Linda this upcoming cycle and I want to ask you guys for advice or things to improve on with my stats:

Major: Kinesiology (opt in Rehabilitation and Therapeutic Exercise); minor in Child Development.
Cum GPA: 3.5
Prereq GPA: 3.8 (Re-taking Physiology this summer to boost my Prereq GPA to a 4.0)
LOR: Not set in stone just yet, but I am going to ask the mayor of the city that I worked at for 4.5 years, an LLU alumni who is now an OT, Professor who is a PT, OT from the pediatric clinic that I work at, another employee from the city that I worked in that I've known since I was 12, an OT from a pediatric clinic that I used to work volunteer for but now got hired on, an OT at a hospital that I volunteer at.
Hours:
-Inpatient Rehab: 17 hours (boosting this up as soon as I get back from my OT internship in Costa Rica)
-Outpatient Rehab/ Hand Therapy: 60 hours
-Pediatrics: 103 hours
-Geriatrics: 200+ hours
***I'm thinking about volunteering at least 30-40 hours in hippotherapy if I can find a place.
Additional experience: I was assigned clients as an undergrad for my Kinesiology course where I had to plan and lead sessions with each client (Parkinson's Disease, CVA, Cerebral palsy, and Achilles rupture) and do charting afterward (This was an amazing experience as an undergrad because it was hands on and related to OT and PT). Worked in 3 different departments in recreation in a city that I live in. It was the parks program (working with children),
front counter service while cross training at the fitness center. I also coached volleyball to a group of 7-8-year-olds. Also, I have been working as an OT aide for almost a year at a pediatric clinic, and I recently got hired on at another pediatric clinic that is very well-known and is affiliated with the coach of the Lakers. I also have one month of an OT internship at Costa Rica (completing it on July 2nd) at two clinics (geriatrics and pediatrics population). Moreover, I was involved in my college's Kinesiology club.

Please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it :)
Hello, OTfield2019! Your stats look great! I got into LLU with stats below yours, so I think you're not going to have a problem getting an interview. I think what's more important are answering the secondary application question well and making a good impression on your interview. Good luck!

Hello all! I have my interview coming up on Monday. Anyone have any tips on how to prepare?

Hello all! I have my interview coming up on Monday. Anyone have any tips on how to prepare?
No tips, but when did you submit your secondary app...and when did you get an interview invite?

No tips, but when did you submit your secondary app...and when did you get an interview invite?

Hi! I submitted my secondary on October 1st and got my invite on October 3rd