Program-Specific Info / Q's Loma Linda OT video interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many people do you think are on the waitlist? I am so nervous and praying I get a spot!:(
I was in the office yesterday. They said they finished making decisions this week. It does usually take about a week to process cause they send their decisions to admissions. 50 admitted and 10 on waitlist. Didn’t see Madge in the office so she might have been gone.
Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I was in the office yesterday. They said they finished making decisions this week. It does usually take about a week to process cause they send their decisions to admissions. 50 admitted and 10 on waitlist. Didn’t see Madge in the office so she might have been gone.
Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for all of your help!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WOOW! that's awesome. So happy to hear a fellow anteater got in. ZOT ZOT!

Thanks! ^_^ However, I did turn down my acceptance. Hopefully, you'll receive news soon!

I'll continue to be praying for you and everyone else on here. God will place you where you need to be. Hang in there, guys!

Reactions: 1 users
No email, no mail, no portal change :cyclops:. Luckily, I caught the cold and I’m feeling too worn down to feel any feelings of anxiousness or any feelings today. Lol survived another day guys lol
That is so weird you haven’t hear anything at all. Have you tried calling to ask? Praying for all of us waiting!!

No mail. No email. No portal.

I have not called or emailed anyone. I'm just waiting until I get some news.

Reactions: 1 user
A few of us haven’t heard anything either. Lol and yes SO WEIRDD UGHH :( and yes I’ve called multiple times lol last week and this week. Same response as everyone else who called.. I spoke to both Leilani and Madge they had to get in additional meetings and it has been finalized this week. Their additional meetings were unexpected I guess. So the rest of us should hear back by next week.

Right now, I take it as no news is good news still lol
I wonder if anyone else will get an acceptance from this last round. Because someone said they took 50 and waitlisted 10. So does that mean they did all of that before this week's decisions or after? Did you happen to ask?

No they weren’t done with acceptances until this week. Their last meeting included deciding on acceptances. That’s why I’m saying, let’s not lose too much hope. I believe hope still exists lol

That’s amazing news! I will pray for all of us :)

Hey
That’s amazing news! I will pray for all of us :)

praying for you all! I created this account just so I can share I got my acceptance today! LLU is my top choice and I’m an employee in another dept at LLU! I was reading this thread last night and super stressed because I hadn’t heard back but they told me today that I got in!! Keep the faith everyone and good luck!

I just went onto the portal and found out I am on the wait list, but I didn't get an email from anyone letting me know about it. I hope to find out what number I am on the wait list. At least there is hope! Has anyone from this thread hear back from SMU?

Also, when reading LLU FAQ for the MOT, they state that they only take 30 students. Someone above mentioned that they accepted 50 and 10 are on the wait list... are they hoping that all 50 done accept? It seems too much of risk to take if they only want 30 students to be in the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
No email or portal info for me. :(

To those on the waitlist, there is still hope of getting into the program. Don't give up and stay positive.

It’s 50. Last year was 52. 30 was years years ago
Oh phew! I knew it didn't sound right lol. Well with everyone on the waitlist, good luck! Keep in mind that some other CA OT programs havent released their accepted students yet, so maybe some will decide to go for their top choice! But with everyone that did get in, CONGRATS!

Hi everyone! I was on a different thread and just saw this one. Praying for all of us to get good news. I just found out yesterday that I was also placed on the alternate list. Congratulations to all who have been accepted!

From the previous replies someone wrote that they are no longer letting us know what order we are on the wait list. Does anyone know if we should get started on completing the rest of the information they need from us? Or is that only if we get off the wait list?

From the previous replies someone wrote that they are no longer letting us know what order we are on the wait list. Does anyone know if we should get started on completing the rest of the information they need from us? Or is that only if we get off the wait list?
I guess not knowing is better in a way. That's a good question, I thought it was to be completed if we got off the wait list since there is a fee for the background check but don't quote me on that.

Admission told me do not pay for the background check yet until our status has changed from alternate to acceptance. Because there is a fee.

Also, the dept said we may not even hear back from them for a few weeks. January 30th is one batch’s deadline to give them a respond of the offer. They automatically pull from alternate list if they don’t even hear back from ppl from that batch by January 30th
Awesome, thank you for the information. I figured that was the case but I wasn't 100% sure.

May God provide us with the patience to continue waiting, a few more weeks to go! there's still hope for us all.

Admission told me do not pay for the background check yet until our status has changed from alternate to acceptance. Because there is a fee.

Also, the dept said we may not even hear back from them for a few weeks. January 30th is one batch’s deadline to give them a respond of the offer. They automatically pull from alternate list if they don’t even hear back from ppl from that batch by January 30th
Oh man I already paid the background check. Hopefully that’s okay...

No news for me.

I emailed LLU over the weekend.
Decision have been made and admissions office are processing them and sending out notifications this week.

Portal changed over this weekend saying that I’m on the alternate list. ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I wonder when some of us will start hearing back about spots opening up. All of this waiting is brutal!

Did you get an email? Because my portal changed to alternate list on Friday and I still haven’t received an email.

I have not :(. My portal still looks the same other than the fact that I cannot add any more recommendations. Nothing by mail today, and no email.

Hey everyone, has anyone heard from them today ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nothing yet.

I will update this post when mailman drops off the mail later in the afternoon.

Edit: Nothing in mail today.
I feel the LLU portal will let us know if we are accepted, waitlisted, or denied before the physical mail.
I'm just speculating though.

Last edited:
Congrats everyone! Even on the waitlist take it as a sign of hope! Even if you dont get in, DONT GIVE UP. If this is what you wanna do, meet with advisors and see what you can do. Best of luck to everyone, I didn't get in but already started improving my application for the next application cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received any news from them today?

No email yet, mail has not arrived yet. I am literally sitting by the window and waiting :(. I will update once it comes.

Update: NOTHING IN THE MAIL TODAY!

Last edited:
No email yet, mail has not arrived yet. I am literally sitting by the window and waiting :(. I will update once it comes.

Update: NOTHING IN THE MAIL TODAY!
That seems strange that you haven’t heard anything at all. I would try calling them and asking because you should know by now

Same. Nothing today. No email, no mail, no portal.

I emailed LLU on the 26th and I got two replies, one from Madge stating we should know this week. Another reply said we should hear from admissions this week or no later than next week.

Same. Nothing today. No email, no mail.

I emailed LLU on the 26th and I got two replies, one from Madge stating we should know this week. Another reply said we should hear from admissions this week or no later than next week.
How come they haven’t decided yet? Are they voting to accept you or waitlist you?

How come they haven’t decided yet? Are they voting to accept you or waitlist you?

This is what I was told in the email,
"Our decisions were submitted to the Admissions office and they are processing them and sending out notifications."

Uhmmm my portal changed back?! IM SO CONFUSED!!!!

Just a few hours ago it said alternate list and now it’s back to normal nothing there
Did you ever receive an email notifying you about being on waitlist?

I haven't recieved anything either.
No email. No portal change. No mail.
Hopefully we hear back from them soon.