Loma Linda University 2011 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3.6GPA with about 2 years pharmacy experience along with 2 years on clinical research.

Damn nice stats and experience! haha mine was around a 3.4 GPA and a little over a year of pharmacy experience and public health experience as well

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yesssss I got the acceptance call yesterday!!! :smuggrin: :laugh: :D :eek:

This has been my dream school since forever but I'm still tempted to go to the rest of my interviews lol. Congrats to everyone and I hope to see you in the fall!! I'm so excited :p

Yesssss I got the acceptance call yesterday!!! :smuggrin: :laugh: :D :eek:

This has been my dream school since forever but I'm still tempted to go to the rest of my interviews lol. Congrats to everyone and I hope to see you in the fall!! I'm so excited :p

Can u share ur stats please ?
Congrats :)

Can you guys please share what the subject of the writing portion was on ? (like science-related, religion-related, etc..)

thank you!

Last edited:
^when did u guys submit ur supplemental?

I submitted on 9/2 and didn't get an interview call until last week, so I waited pretty long lol. Hope u guys hear from them soon :)
I think their interviews last till end of March.

Members don't see this ad :)

I submitted on 9/2 and didn't get an interview call until last week, so I waited pretty long lol. Hope u guys hear from them soon :)
I submitted pharmcas 11/1 but didn't get around to finishing the supplemental by the 1/5 deadline. :( I hope so too, thanks! My stats are basically the same as yours.

Question to all the applicants and current students. Are most of you guys affiliated with the 7th Day Adventist Church in one way or the other? I

No...they don't judge your religious background if any...they just want to know why you chose this school since they are religious-based and focuses on "making man whole"

I got my acceptance on Chinese New Years morning (1/23) so I was suuupppperrr excited since this was the school I've been wanting to attend =)

For those who are still waiting for invites or acceptance call...STAY POSITIVE!! it will come! I hope everyone receives good news soon! keep me posted yeah? Also, if you have any questions let me know. For those who got accepted, I will see you in September =)

I dont think that they just look at ur GPA...bc I submitted my application late July and I havent heard anything back from them yet...Actually I think they didnt like the letter of rec in my suppl application...

No...they don't judge your religious background if any...they just want to know why you chose this school since they are religious-based and focuses on "making man whole"

I got my acceptance on Chinese New Years morning (1/23) so I was suuupppperrr excited since this was the school I've been wanting to attend =)

For those who are still waiting for invites or acceptance call...STAY POSITIVE!! it will come! I hope everyone receives good news soon! keep me posted yeah? Also, if you have any questions let me know. For those who got accepted, I will see you in September =)

Wow!! Congratz :) When did you have an interview and what time did they call you on 1/23? If you don't mind, can you share your stat?

Question to all the applicants and current students. Are most of you guys affiliated with the 7th Day Adventist Church in one way or the other? I

I believe they give PREFERNECE to SDA affiliated individuals. But that doesnt mean you wont get accepted because you are not an SDA. Someone please correct me if im wrong. I believe i read this on the program description of Loma Linda on PharmCas.

Let me Know!!

Also waiting on a call hopefully after my interview!! fingers crossed!!:xf:

So i had my interview today. There were two of us at my interview.
I'm not really sure whether it went well or not lol, I mean I definitely had a nice conversation but their was some stuff thrown at me that I was not prepared for (and I had really prepared going over diff questions and stuff). Overall, I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad about my interview lol. I did well on the essay though. They said we might not hear back until end of march :/

I'm not really sure whether it went well or not lol, I mean I definitely had a nice conversation but their was some stuff thrown at me that I was not prepared for (and I had really prepared going over diff questions and stuff). Overall, I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad about my interview lol. I did well on the essay though. They said we might not hear back until end of march :/

You will be fine. You got an at least interview, but I haven't been invited yet. Good Luck! :)

Last edited:

Just wondering. Who did you interview with?

Oh I had diff ppl then. but i can't exactly remember their names right now (I don't have the interview schedule paper they gave us w/me at the momment).

Last edited:
Wow!! Congratz :) When did you have an interview and what time did they call you on 1/23? If you don't mind, can you share your stat?

Thank you :) I submitted my supplemental on 11/12 and was called for an interview 3 weeks after and had my interview on 12/7 (which was nice cause I was by myself that day) and I was informed I was the last applicant to be interviewed for the month cause the admissions committee was leaving for the holidays and I wouldn't be able to hear back till January..so it was a lil over a month till i got to get my acceptance (i think its cause of the holiday cause some people hear it as early as a week-3 + months) LOL, they called my around 9am on the 23rd

my stats are pretty avg (3.4) so don't let the thought of "high gpa" throw you off

I hope you will get your acceptance soon!! :)

But yes, you're right...you still would be consider if you're not SDA (i think they like it more if you were, but if your stats are low and you're SDA it wouldn't matter) One of my interviewer was not SDA and he told me that almost a lil more than half of faculty are not SDA

Thank you :) I submitted my supplemental on 11/12 and was called for an interview 3 weeks after and had my interview on 12/7 (which was nice cause I was by myself that day) and I was informed I was the last applicant to be interviewed for the month cause the admissions committee was leaving for the holidays and I wouldn't be able to hear back till January..so it was a lil over a month till i got to get my acceptance (i think its cause of the holiday cause some people hear it as early as a week-3 + months) LOL, they called my around 9am on the 23rd

my stats are pretty avg (3.4) so don't let the thought of "high gpa" throw you off

Thanks for sharing this information. :laugh:
I heard that there were more people who had an interview in mid december, I'm not sure though.

Thanks for sharing this information. :laugh:
I heard that there were more people who had an interview in mid december, I'm not sure though.

oh really? that's what they told me :confused: let me know when u get your invite

:laugh::laugh:Hi Guys, I am new here. I just recieved my acceptance call. Soooo happy. See u guys in Fall 12.:laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh:Hi Guys, I am new here. I just recieved my acceptance call. Soooo happy. See u guys in Fall 12.:laugh::laugh:

Was just wondering when you interviewed and your stats if you don't mind! Also how long they took to reply back to you. Thanks!!

I was interviewed in early November and Cum GPA was around 3.4 and Science 3.45. 3 yrs pharmacy experience and two other volunteer activities.

I was interviewed in early November and Cum GPA was around 3.4 and Science 3.45. 3 yrs pharmacy experience and two other volunteer activities.

congrats! :) you had to wait such a long time !

btw, do u mind sharing how your interview went? were the interviewers nice?

Dang nice stats. I interviewed like two weeks ago! Seems they take awhile to get back to you... The wait is so terrible! Haha just got to keep my fingers crossed and see what happens

My interview was awsome. Those were really nice. They just want to know why you choose Loma Linda and r u interested in pharmacy or not? They ask regular questions and and my educational and social activities. I have been in 4 interviews. Loma Linda seemed the most professional and organized school to me.

Congratz!! Great stats and thanx for the advice...hope I get accepted there too :)

I just got invited for an interview! :soexcited: Apparently they called my "home" home first, and left a number for me to call back. (So to those still waiting, maybe check the phone number you listed for permanent address?) I didn't call home until later today (coincidentally to tell my dad about an interview to somewhere else lol) so it was too late to call them back. They sent me an email reminder too. Will do so tomorrow whee! :thumbup:

ETA: interviewing next Thursday! Thanks, Ayuka001!

Last edited:
I just got invited for an interview! :soexcited: Apparently they called my "home" home first, and left a number for me to call back. (So to those still waiting, maybe call the number you listed for permanent address to check?) I didn't call home until later today (coincidentally to tell my dad about an interview to somewhere else lol) so it was too late to call them back. They sent me an email reminder too. Will do so tomorrow whee! :thumbup:

congrats!
plz let us know how your interview goes :) !

Any tips for interview day? Also I'd like to hear of your experience interviewing too, I just got a interview!!! :)

Is there anybody here from UCSD who went to Loma Linda for an interview? How did you get there?

I have a driver's license, but not a car, so I was thinking I'd rent a zipcar from campus and drive there, which costs $25 fee + $66/day rental fee. Buuut I've never driven long distances by myself so the mere thought itself is making me go a little :eek: :scared:. Another option is travelling by Amtrak to San Bernandino, but the fare is $50 one way, and I would have to travel the day before the interview and stay at an inn overnight (and miss an important class!). Somebody told me UC Riverside is really near LLU, so I guess I could also do UCSD --> UCR --> LLU, but that begs the question: how to get from UCSD to UCR by public transport??

Is there anybody here from UCSD who went to Loma Linda for an interview? How did you get there?

I have a driver's license, but not a car, so I was thinking I'd rent a zipcar from campus and drive there, which costs $25 fee + $66/day rental fee. Buuut I've never driven long distances by myself so the mere thought itself is making me go a little :eek: :scared:. Another option is travelling by Amtrak to San Bernandino, but the fare is $50 one way, and I would have to travel the day before the interview and stay at an inn overnight (and miss an important class!). Somebody told me UC Riverside is really near LLU, so I guess I could also do UCSD --> UCR --> LLU, but that begs the question: how to get from UCSD to UCR by public transport??

UCSD to UCR is not that bad a drive, kinda boring but really no big deal. I've driven to UCSD from UCR and back and yes I does take a while with traffic. UCR is technically close but not really, u still have to take the 215 drive like 10 mins or so and all that. And since interviews are on weekdays(I think), traffic from UCR to LLU around 2-6 always is bad. There is no reliable public transit that I know of that will get u to LLU, so a rental car would be best IMO u wouldn't have to stay at an inn just keep driving I guess. But if u feel more comfortable with taking the train and staying a night, just do that it can relieve stress too so u don't get exhausted from driving endlessly.

I would suggest renting a car as well because i graduated from UCR and had an internship at the Loma Linda Behavorial Medicine Center and theres no reliable public transport to get to LLU. Also they make you park in LOT X and then take a shuttle to West Campus for the interview so i think its just better if you have your own car. Also what time is your interview? Mine was at 9 am and you want to make sure to leave at least an hour earlier due to traffic on the 215 sometimes and also just to show up earlier. If you have any questions on how to get there and all the specifics then let me know since i went to school at UCR and know the area! good luck on your interview!

I believe they give PREFERNECE to SDA affiliated individuals. But that doesnt mean you wont get accepted because you are not an SDA. Someone please correct me if im wrong. I believe i read this on the program description of Loma Linda on PharmCas.

Let me Know!!

Also waiting on a call hopefully after my interview!! fingers crossed!!:xf:

CORRECT! lots of ppl are not SDA but yeah they don't use religion as a prereq. but! since the school is Christian they integrate a lot of Christianity into their approach to academics and for the health professional programs.

Thanks for the advice, katherinetoo and krzxballer!

I think I will do the car rental just to be safe. My interview is at 9am, but they said to check in around 8:45. Probably should leave around 5-6am since Google Maps says it takes almost 2 hrs to get there from UCSD. There shouldn't be too much traffic around that time right?

I think I will do the car rental just to be safe. My interview is at 9am, but they said to check in around 8:45. Probably should leave around 5-6am since Google Maps says it takes almost 2 hrs to get there from UCSD. There shouldn't be too much traffic around that time right?

That should be plenty of time! i would leave at 5 am JUST to be safe. you never know. Also good luck on your interview!

I'm also from SD and i left around 5:30am. Traffic wasn't bad but once you hit the 215, i think, it slowed down for a bit, maybe 20 min of traffic?
Good luck!

What up Loma Linda Class of 2016! Just got my acceptance call!!! :)