Loma Linda University 2011 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Heyyy. I have been reading all those posts but never thought of posting. Congratulations to all people who have been accepted and Good luck to those still waiting to interview. I was accepted to the class of 2016 since december. I cannot wait to start school in september and see you all there :)

Who did you interview with?

I interviewed with Prof O and Dr. K. I don't remember their full names but just the first letters of their names.
However Loma Linda was my favorite interview, the people were just so nice

I also just got an acceptance call today! :)

Congrats to everyone else who got accepted and GOOD LUCK to those still waiting!

I interviewed with Prof O and Dr. K. I don't remember their full names but just the first letters of their names.

Congrats to everyone else who got accepted and GOOD LUCK to those still waiting!

congrats! :)
do u mind sharing when was ur interview?

seems like a lot of ppl are getting accepted :)

ahhhh! exciting!!! how was the interview? do you have any tips!? mines soon and I'm soooo nervous! ekkk!

Interview was really laid back. Some tips would be to arrive ahead of time because if you are driving there, they make you park in Lot X and take a Shuttle so this takes some time. Also i would say just be confidnet in your answers and use SDN interview feedback. it helps alot

Good Luck!

CONGRATULATIONS! Best feeling in the world no?

Was just wondering if Loma Linda creates an official Facebook Page for the incoming class of 2016 because i know for other schools they do. And if they do not I would be willing to create a group and get one started up at least ( even if it is an unofficial FB page) to get to know everyone that got accepted and to post any questions that we may have!

Let me know what you guys think?!

That is a good idea. If u can just create the Facebook page.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great idea on the fb krzxballer! :)

Thanks Ayuka001. I interviewed on Jan 19 at 9AM! I think they just reviewed a bunch of apps on friday because that's what they said!

^ Oh I see, I interviewed on Jan 25th at 1pm. I wonder if the people from my day have been reviewed yet.. so nervous!

anyone happen to know when is the next time the committee meets?

gooooo for it! :)

Also, is everyone who got accepted going to Loma Linda for sure?

Hey guys so im going ahead and starting the group however i need a couple members to start a group page. So if some members here that are going to Loma Linda for sure can add me so we can get this group started that would be great. Also when you add me as a friend please be sure to indicate your SDN username and state that you will be attending Loma Linda for Fall of 2012 so that i do not add the wrong people to the group! After i have create this page i will go ahead and post the link for the FB group page so that you guys can request me to be added. Thanks! Let your friends know was well if they are not on SDN about the page thank you!

Below is the link to my fb page, so add me and ill get the group going.-->
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=706493281

Last edited:
already had some people add me on fb! about to start it up real soon. For the people who havent added me, find me and add me so we can get this group started!

thanks

michael

good luck to those who r joing llusop. hope u heard the rumors. they might not get reaccredited. a bunch of professors had / are quitting b/c of this, including one of the founder of LLUSOP (academic dean dr, e. m). scary in my option. :scared:

Wait What?! where did you get this info?! just wondering danggggg that is kinda of scary

Wait What?! where did you get this info?! just wondering danggggg that is kinda of scary

Doubt this poster is telling the truth. Just stirring controversy, obvious by their post count, which is only 1. He or she probably didn't get an interview so he or she is stirring up unnecessary rumors to make up for being a REJECT. =)

good luck to those who r joing llusop. hope u heard the rumors. they might not get reaccredited. a bunch of professors had / are quitting b/c of this, including one of the founder of LLUSOP (academic dean dr, e. m). scary in my option. :scared:
I doubt this person is telling the truth. I hope a current student at LLU sees this and tells us the truth.

Doubt this poster is telling the truth. Just stirring controversy, obvious by their post count, which is only 1. He or she probably didn't get an interview so he or she is stirring up unnecessary rumors to make up for being a REJECT. =)

Last edited:
how little u know. u think the school would tell u this? have u dug deeper?
but hey, dont take my word for it. wait until ur a P2 when the accreditation renewal committee comes, and we'll c who is right. doesn't hurt me.
Are you a current student at LLU? Can you tell us where you got your information from?

can't share my resources. that wouldnt b good "journalism" practice. take the drive and wait to c the results. just b warned that's all.
can you at least tell us what made you say so? What did the school do that would make it lose its accreditation?

You don't make sense, maybe proofread your posts before you answer. Seems like you don't attend the school so how would you not know this "dig deeper" type of news. :rolleyes: I know a P2 student who never mentioned anything about not getting accredited. Plus this is the internet your "journalism" won't be caught, that is why you post these useless posts.

u know a p2 personally? if u dont. exactly my point. did u ask that p2 why their founding academic dean quit etc? if that p2 is your best friend, and didn't inform you then that P2 isn't much of a friend.

if you think my posts are useless, then by all mean attend LLUsop. :D i'm not telling you to give up your spot. im just saying after 4 yrs and 200,000+ in loan and the direction that the school is going. you never know. hey, it's currently accredited.

ill just let it sit at that.

Yes I know her personally, she is a relative:rolleyes: I don't understand why you are so into posting on Loma Linda's thread if you are not even attending that school or not applying since "you know they are not going to be reaccredited" and technically we wouldn't be in 200,000+ plus debt if they are losing accreditation by the time we are P2(s). The dean "quitting", which I haven't looked into or asked about, could be due to many things...health problems or personal issues. You are most likely a bitter applicant who hasn't heard back from any pharmacy school, which is understandable. Instead of raining on other people's parade, you should spend your time improving your application for next years cycle. Posts like this will get you nowhere in life.

Last edited:
Yes I know her personally, she is a relative:rolleyes: I don't understand why you are so into posting on Loma Linda's thread if you are not even attending that school or not applying since "you know they are not going to be reaccredited" and technically we wouldn't be in 200,000+ plus debt if they are losing accreditation by the time we are P2(s). The dean "quitting", which I haven't looked into or asked about, could be due to many things...health problems or personal issues. You are most likely a bitter applicant who hasn't heard back from any pharmacy school, which is understandable. Instead of raining on other peoples parade, you should spend your time improving your application for next years cycle. Posts like this will get you nowhere.

Well said Pharmy88 !! :) :thumbup:

The Facebook group is up and running!

NOTE: this is not a fb group page created and maintained by LLU SP Admissions. Although i am sure they will have an official one up and running, this is just a good way to communicate with our peers and also help eachother out on any questions we may have!

PLEASE request to add to the group and also add/PM me on FB your SDN username and stating that you will be attending LLU SP. For people who are viewing this post and do not have an SDN account, you can just add/PM me on FB stating that you do not have an SDN username or account and state that you will be attending LLU SP.

heres the link to my FB--> http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=706493281

Heres the link to the group!--> http://www.facebook.com/groups/1539..._upload=1&success=1#!/groups/153936914723402/

Thanks Guys

I had my interview yesterday! Thanks for the wishes earlier lxwishinxstarxl and krzxballer! The drive wasn't so bad. I had to wake up at 4am to start driving at 5am and was pretty darn tired by the end of the day though.

The faculty interviews were great! I like that they only had 2 interviewees per session. Both the professors I interviewed with were engaging, HUMBLE despite their many many accomplishments, and I really felt like they were interested in getting to know me. My impression of Loma Linda was definitely high when the day ended. The video they showed at the end was pretty neat since it addressed a lot of the concerns potential candidates might have about the school regarding their really specific regulations. The weekly chapel services look really fun! :p From the looks of it, they should rename it weekly concerts haha.

And now comes the waiting..! :xf: :rolleyes:

I had my interview yesterday! Thanks for the wishes earlier lxwishinxstarxl and krzxballer! The drive wasn't so bad. I had to wake up at 4am to start driving at 5am and was pretty darn tired by the end of the day though.

The faculty interviews were great! I like that they only had 2 interviewees per session. Both the professors I interviewed with were engaging, HUMBLE despite their many many accomplishments, and I really felt like they were interested in getting to know me. My impression of Loma Linda was definitely high when the day ended. The video they showed at the end was pretty neat since it addressed a lot of the concerns potential candidates might have about the school regarding their really specific regulations. The weekly chapel services look really fun! :p From the looks of it, they should rename it weekly concerts haha.

did they tell u when you should expect to hear back ?

Yes I know her personally, she is a relative:rolleyes: I don't understand why you are so into posting on Loma Linda's thread if you are not even attending that school or not applying since "you know they are not going to be reaccredited" and technically we wouldn't be in 200,000+ plus debt if they are losing accreditation by the time we are P2(s). The dean "quitting", which I haven't looked into or asked about, could be due to many things...health problems or personal issues. You are most likely a bitter applicant who hasn't heard back from any pharmacy school, which is understandable. Instead of raining on other people's parade, you should spend your time improving your application for next years cycle. Posts like this will get you nowhere in life.

enough said. wish u guys all the best

Last edited:
Why are you deleting your posts if you are telling the truth?

It is because he/she is lying. Pharmacists don't have time to go on SDN and make posts with such horrible sentence structure. I would expect higher behavioral standards from LLU graduates therefore I doubt this person is an alumni :laugh:

did they tell u when you should expect to hear back ?

They said they've been pretty good with sending out replies within a month, so I'm crossing my fingers to hear by beginning of March! :) Also, they said they send out everything by the end of March.

I know this is early but for the people that got accepted and decided that they are going to this school, are you guys thinking about living in the dorms ( on campus) or off campus?

i'm thinking about living off-campus. i don't have anything against living on-campus. its just personal preference

Ahhh mines tnrw!!! I'm so nervous/anxious I hope everything goes well.its nice to hear your experience. See driving wasn't so bad, just long! Good luck!::xf:

mm icic. So like an apartment with some roomates? or by urself?

yeah i need roommates. lol. and i don't wanna live by myself because that wouldn't be fun.. so if any of you are looking for roommates or know someone that is please let me know!