**Long Distance Relationships Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jezzielin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, ya'll. I am just sitting studyin' right now for the Aug MCAT, woohoo! Seeing as I have been on this forum for a while, I really love your guys' feedback and support, so I just wanted to see if there are any people out there in a distance relationship. I have the greatest guy, we are at the same college now but he has to transfer back home to go to school for our last year. I was so pumped for this year: awesome, new roomie, apt, etc. But I am so bummed out now because while I know we can easily make it through this year it still sucks so badly. We had to go a year apart my frosh year when I went to a different college and I'll admit, it could have gone better.

Anyone else completely head-over-heels for someone that you have to leave for school? We are having a talk soon about how we are gonna see each other. Any ideas? It is 2 hours away and he works/goes to school all the time. I am thinking alternating weekends to come home? What do you all do?

I am so crazy for this guy, it is so dorky lol :love: . We have been together for going on 3 years this year and I know we will make it, not a doubt in my mind about that at all. Just looking for any ideas to keep a distance relationship going. Really not expecting too many responses but anything would be great or it even would be great to have a thread for anyone who wants to talk about leavin' your bf/gf behind.

Anyway thanks! :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

jrdnbenjamin said:
Two hours is not long distance.

Jezzielin, are you kidding me? 2 hrs is a drive you can do anytime. heh good to see you're head over heels over this guy, tho

Members don't see this ad :)
Say you and your SO were both going to med school after you graduated. Would you go to the same school as they did, even if it meant not going to the best school you got into? Or would you just end it or try long distance?

Pics or ban! Haha, j/k.

Anyway, what is the situation after college? Is he also in medical school? Where is he going to apply, if so? What about working after your education? Are you going to mold your career around each other?

jrdnbenjamin said:
Two hours is not long distance.

Totally true. I've been doing a LD relationship from Atlanta to Las Vegas for the past two years. It's going to be a little better now because it's now from Houston to Las Vegas (shorter flight, time zone change).