Looking for Black/African-American friendly Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lion84

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I just started 3rd year and I'm looking for Black friendly residency programs in Radiology. I'm married with 2 kids and I've got a pretty good application: GPA 3.8, Step 1 233 (no step 2). I did research at Yale & I'm published as a co-author of the study I worked on there, I also anticipate excellent LORs. I'm African American and I want to find a place that welcomes diversity of all kinds - particularly LGBTQ etc & Black. It would be nice if the program had a progressive vibe. I'm interested in rotating to these places in my 4th year. Anyone know of or have you attended a residency program that fits this description? Location is no big deal.

Thanks