looking to create videos/audio lectures. Want topics..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ERdoc11

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I am a practicing, ABEM boarded, Emergency physician. I am interested in creating audio and or video lectures on needed med school, board prep, and/or residency topics. I would like suggestions from everyone on what they feel are needed topics to cover. Also, if this is something people are looking for. I for one am an audio learner and love to listen to books/CME/lectures while I drive.
 
The fact that your are an EM doc is perfect. I think what is sorely needed is common sense/triaging intelligence.

We can memorize drug names, pathways, side effects ad nauseam. But what would be really helpful, especially as a late MS2 going into MS3 is the first and common things one should be thinking about when encountering patients. Basically, show us the reasoning of a seasoned doctor.

You could do it by chief complaint, and explain your reasoning + add additional branches of thought if X or Y were true.

For example, altered mental status. LOC. Anuria. Chest pain. Numbness.

You eventually learn all this through experience during MS3, but it would be great to have some background knowledge going in.

EDIT: We're so busy learning about zebras for Step 1, we forget what horses look like.
 
Last edited: