LOR Process

Started by 625233
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

6

625233

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone please explain the entire process of how LORs are sent to AAMC. When do I ask my professor (February?) what do I give them? Where do I tell them to send it to? Etc.

Completely clueless on this topic.
 
So I can't even begin asking for letters of rec until May? That seems weird (classes would be over by then)? According to the link I won't have a letter Id until AAMC opens?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can ask the professor any time. You can't actually get a letter sent to AMCAS until May. The letter will sit on their desk until then.