LOR question: skip premed committee letter? special case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed_mamba

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I live in a state where the majority of applicants to med school are to our state school . The school does not do rolling admissions and selects their class on 3 separate predetermined dates. Because of this my premed committee does not finalize and send out its letters of recommendation packets until late October/ early November. Personally I am going to apply to this school however I am also wanting to apply to other schools that do have rolling admissions. I plan on having my application submitted in June However the LOR will be lacking for a while. Because of this, do you all think I should ask for separate letters of recommendations so that I can have them early. Or should I wait until October/November for my committee? Either option will give me great recommendations its really the timeline that i am worried about

Members don't see this ad.

If youre competitive in October, I see no reason you wouldnt be competitive in December. Some schools want a committee letter if your school offers one