LOR question: skip premed committee letter? special case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

premed_mamba

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so I live in a state where the majority of applicants to med school are to our state school . The school does not do rolling admissions and selects their class on 3 separate predetermined dates. Because of this my premed committee does not finalize and send out its letters of recommendation packets until late October/ early November. Personally I am going to apply to this school however I am also wanting to apply to other schools that do have rolling admissions. I plan on having my application submitted in June However the LOR will be lacking for a while. Because of this, do you all think I should ask for separate letters of recommendations so that I can have them early. Or should I wait until October/November for my committee? Either option will give me great recommendations its really the timeline that i am worried about
 
If youre competitive in October, I see no reason you wouldnt be competitive in December. Some schools want a committee letter if your school offers one