1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Lor

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DrLiver, Mar 19, 2004.

1. DrLiver

DrLiver Member
    10+ Year Member

Who should the LOR be addressed to (dean, dir of adms, etc.)? Do you think it makes a differnce?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. (nicedream)

(nicedream) Fitter Happier
    7+ Year Member

Dear Sir or Madam

4. OnMyWayThere

OnMyWayThere OMS-III
    10+ Year Member

It doesn't matter.

5. MAC

MAC Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

A question for those that are non-traditional students. Since you have been out of school for awhile do you send LORs to each school yourself? Also, do you send to each school the original letters or do you send them copies of the originals?

Thanks,

MAC

6. (nicedream)

(nicedream) Fitter Happier
    7+ Year Member

I believe the schools specify that if you've been out of school for sometime, they would like letters of rec. from bosses at work etc., or pertaining to whatever it is you've been doing since school, rather than from prof. from long ago.

7. box29

box29 Keep on keepin' on Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    My LORs were from a prinicpal investigator at the hospital in which I did research. I believe the LOR should be addressed to the Medical School Admissions Committee. I could be wrong because I would assume that your interviewers will be able to read the letters as well but in the end, the admissions committee is the body that will do the final evaluation of your file with the interviewers recommendations.

I also had a science prof from whom I took a couple of classes in 1999 write me an LOR. She was still familiar with me and my work as I had kept touch with her over the years.