Lor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrLiver

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who should the LOR be addressed to (dean, dir of adms, etc.)? Do you think it makes a differnce?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by DrLiver
Who should the LOR be addressed to (dean, dir of adms, etc.)? Do you think it makes a differnce?

Dear Sir or Madam

Members don't see this ad :)
A question for those that are non-traditional students. Since you have been out of school for awhile do you send LORs to each school yourself? Also, do you send to each school the original letters or do you send them copies of the originals?

Thanks,

MAC

Originally posted by MAC
A question for those that are non-traditional students. Since you have been out of school for awhile do you send LORs to each school yourself? Also, do you send to each school the original letters or do you send them copies of the originals?

Thanks,

MAC

I believe the schools specify that if you've been out of school for sometime, they would like letters of rec. from bosses at work etc., or pertaining to whatever it is you've been doing since school, rather than from prof. from long ago.

My LORs were from a prinicpal investigator at the hospital in which I did research. I believe the LOR should be addressed to the Medical School Admissions Committee. I could be wrong because I would assume that your interviewers will be able to read the letters as well but in the end, the admissions committee is the body that will do the final evaluation of your file with the interviewers recommendations.

I also had a science prof from whom I took a couple of classes in 1999 write me an LOR. She was still familiar with me and my work as I had kept touch with her over the years.