LOR's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pupsingh

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i went to the application website, and i couldnt find a section for the letters of recommendation, are LORs required for pod school?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, but every school has their own requirments regarding how many LORs and from whom (science faculy, podiatrist, health professionals, etc). The best thing to do is to either call each school or research on their admissions websites. The LORs have to be sent directly to the schools.

is there a matching form or anything? so do they just write the letter, send it to the address? how will they know the letter is for me? im applying to dental as well and in the dental application they have a matching form that the writer of the lor fills out, is there a similar thing here?

Members don't see this ad :)
is there a matching form or anything? so do they just write the letter, send it to the address? how will they know the letter is for me? im applying to dental as well and in the dental application they have a matching form that the writer of the lor fills out, is there a similar thing here?

no, there is no form. just go to the schools' websites and the info is there on how to send them in.

if you have questions it's always best to call the schools directly. That way you're getting it straight from the horse's mouth. :thumbup:

I just asked the reference to include my name, SS#, or whatever the school wanted included either at the top or bottom of the letter, or they can include it within the body of the letter.

You will DEFINITELY have to have one letter from a DPM, no exceptions. Some will want 2 LORs and some will want 3 LORs. Meaning, 1 from a DPM, other 2 from science, math, or employer, or whatever they will allow.

Check the websites. They usually have a FAQs section with lots of info

no, there is no form. just go to the schools' websites and the info is there on how to send them in.

if you have questions it's always best to call the schools directly. That way you're getting it straight from the horse's mouth. :thumbup:

I just asked the reference to include my name, SS#, or whatever the school wanted included either at the top or bottom of the letter, or they can include it within the body of the letter.

You will DEFINITELY have to have one letter from a DPM, no exceptions. Some will want 2 LORs and some will want 3 LORs. Meaning, 1 from a DPM, other 2 from science, math, or employer, or whatever they will allow.

Check the websites. They usually have a FAQs section with lots of info

Actually, some school dont require a dpm letter. Most would prefer one, but some will accept one from another healthcare professional.

Now, as far as I know, you MUST shadow a pod for a school to accept you.

Hope that clarifies a little.

(HOWEVER, I would recommend a dpm letter).:D

i have a committee letter for when i applying to dental school can i just use that plus the dpm letter? about shadowing, i never did a "shadowing" but i did do a podiatric internship with a podiatrist. does that count?

i used my pre-med committee letter and a letter from a dpm that i had shadowed