Lors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted212503

I know that the standard that medical schools have is sending them 3 LORS. But what I was wondering is that do we have to send all 3 LORS from professors or can it be from a physician, employer, etc??

Members don't see this ad.

The standard is to have three from profs - two science, one non science. I just added a couple from a physician and my boss and if the school didn't want more than 4 then I just didn't send the one from my boss. :)

I think almost every school wants a minimum of 3 academic letters (someone that has taught you) and have varying rules as to how many and what kind of other letters you can supply. If you have been out of school for more than a year or 2 definitely get your boss/head of whatever you have been doing to write you a letter.

I know that the standard that medical schools have is sending them 3 LORS. But what I was wondering is that do we have to send all 3 LORS from professors or can it be from a physician, employer, etc??

To be safe, I sent them 6 LORs. 3 from science profs, 2 from employers, and 1 from the coordinator of my volunteer program. Unless they specify a maximum, the more the merrier I say.