Lots of free time, what to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashy27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, first post. So I just graduated college in June and recently finished up on a company project I was required to do over the past couple months. I applied for a pre-dental Post Bac at East Bay and SFSU and if I get in, the programs won't begin until January.

I just feel like I have too much free time on my hands now, but also understand that no jobs will want to hire me for just 3 months. What do you guys recommend me to do for the next few months?

I was even thinking I could begin my studying for the DAT before I start my post bacc. All your help will be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes study and take the dat.
Or you can play rainbow 6 siege. Both are important for your dental school app

Reactions: 3 users
Just make your plan to take the DAT before the post bacc. 3 months with no other obligations is hard to come by, so take advantage of it!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
yes perfect time to study for DAT but get to it ASAP! give yourself atleast 2-3 months. Follow ari's dat study guide

If you have the time - study for the DAT! Having enough time to cover the material thoroughly is hard to come by. If you have the opportunity to use a large chunk of time to study don't let the chance pass you by.

With three months of dedication you can achieve some great scores. I would recommend looking at the DAT breakdowns and starting as soon as possible.

Try to remember the days before large projects and exams where you wished that you just had "one more day." Three months seems like a lot of time, but it will pass fast and test day will be here quickly. Start studying with a sense of urgency and aim to get the best DAT score SDN has seen.

Good luck!

Agree with everyone else about prioritizing the DAT, but if you are looking for some productive procrastination...

There are many amazing dental podcasts. You can listen to them while you exercise. Two of my favorites for a younger audience are:
Podcast | NiftyThriftyDentists
Millenial Dentist Podcast

Dentaltown is also a valuable resource to educate yourself on current issues and discussions that dentists are having. Create an account and spend some time on that website.

If you want to read some books for financial literacy and educate yourself on the business side of dentistry:
The White Coat Investor
Pillars of Dental Success
Rich Dad Poor Dad

Yes study and take the dat.
Or you can play rainbow 6 siege. Both are important for your dental school app
I've been keeping track of how long I play as Doc to contribute to my shadowing hours

Wow, thanks for all the input! The studying will commence soon.

For me, lots of league of legends. Jk. I'm studying to retake the DAT. You should be doing that too. And some league won't kill you as well.