This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bagheera16

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

Just got my MCAT score back today from the July 22nd test and honestly very disappointed and devastated with myself. I was averaging 508 on the AAMC practice tests, but I ended up getting a 502. :/ I studied so hard, and I felt like test would play into my favor when I got out of it.

I was in the middle of filling out secondaries, but now I feel like it's going to be pointless dropping a **** ton of money on those seeing as my cgpa is 3.169, sgpa 3.1.

Should I even apply to MD? Or even DO? I have been volunteering and shadowing, and I have fairly decent letters. I'm taking my gap year now, and I'm scribing, volunteering, and shadowing. What should I do?! I'm so lost, but I don't want to give up. I know I have it in me.