Low GPA/grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmma277

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my question goes out to the people who have been accepted to physical therapy schools with low GPAs so has anyone ever managed an interview or been accepted with a low GPA? Here is my science classes:

General Chem I- B General Physics I-D+ Bio mechanics - B+
General Chem I Lab- A General Physics I Lab- A Medical Terminology- A
General Chem II- A+ General Physics II- B General Psychology- B+
General Chem Lab II- A+ General Physics II Lab- B Developmental Psychology- B+
General Biology I- A+ Introductory to Stats- C Nutrition - A
General Biology Lab- A Anatomy Physiology I - C+ Nutrition Health and Wellness- A
General Biology II - A+ Anatomy Physiology II- A+
General Biology II Lab- B+ Exercise Physiology- B+

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted with a 3.3 GPA overall and a 3.1 science/math GPA (I think that’s what it was??). You definitely have a chance, but definitely be smart with where you apply. I had to leverage my work and volunteer experience with my less than stellar undergrad performance. I focused my applications towards schools that stress a holistic view of applications because I knew that was where I had the most promise to be accepted.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted with a 3.3 GPA overall and a 3.1 science/math GPA (I think that’s what it was??). You definitely have a chance, but definitely be smart with where you apply. I had to leverage my work and volunteer experience with my less than stellar undergrad performance. I focused my applications towards schools that stress a holistic view of applications because I knew that was where I had the most promise to be accepted.

Good luck!
Hi, I saw this thread and was curious, What schools did you apply to? If you dont mind me asking. I am in a smilar boat.

Members don't see this ad :)

Good luck!
Hi, i have looked at few schools I am interested in and have fair amount of hours. I have 43 hours at one out patient clinic and 30 hours at another I observed at last fall of 2019. If COVID-19 did not happen I would have 100 total hours but had to stop since I live with my parents and bot are prone to the virus since my mom has breast cancer and my dad is type II diabetic. The minimum GPA for those schools is a 3.2 and I feel like I meet that. My issue is just the physics I class. Did you have similar issue? Does my chances seem sort of good on applying?

I was invited for an interview, then wait-listed, then accepted with cumulative GPA 3.1, pre-reques GPA 3.5-3.6.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you going through the same issues as well?
Yes, my GPA is on the low end although I have retaken those classes I did not do well on. I tried focusing on schools who would see my overall package and not just my GPA. Its my first time applying so i am nervous