Low GPA Success Stories?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

guttapercha113

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, I am applying this cycle for fall 2019 into dental school. I have a low gpa (3.2) and planning on taking the DAT next month. Was curious to hear success stories from students with lower GPA and where you got in?
Please include these STATS:
GPA:
DAT:
Where you applied:
Where you got in:
State of Residency:
 
GPA: ~3.25 sGPA, ~3.35 oGPA
DAT: 23AA/24TS
Where you applied: it would be too many to list but 25 schools, most of them being private OOS schools
Where you got in: Nova, UNLV
State of residency: NJ

7 or 8 interviews altogether I think, didn’t attend 3 of them (came later in the cycle and was already set on an earlier acceptance).

3.2ers- don’t worry, you are ok if your DAT is higher.

Although I disagree with a common sentiment that if you can’t get in by applying to 12 you can’t get in by applying to 20, I wouldn’t apply to 25. 20 is a good number for this GPA. More schools=greater chance for multiple interviews