low/mid/high tier

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amyl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
which anes residencies are designated low/mid/high tier? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

amyl said:

There are no designations. It is not like high school or college football where you have 5A or 4A etc or division I, II, or III. There are only opinions of which ones are best. The best program for one person may be considered the worst for another. Remember, opinions are like as..., oh nevermind.

Members don't see this ad :)
The one you are happy at and get a good education at is high tier. Figure out which one that is. ;)

amyl said:

Laryngospasm said:
The one you are happy at and get a good education at is high tier. Figure out which one that is. ;)

i agree. i heard someone say one time (can't remember where) that the program you end up at is the best one for you. in other words, if it is ASA/ABA/ACGME approved, you will be board eligible and likely have great job prospects when you finish.

Don't stress about it. The bottom line is that you need to go to an accredited program and be able to pass the boards at the end. There are quite a few programs out there that are often overlooked in the "top tier" rankings that produce great anesthesiologists who have no problem passing the boards.

I heard that osteopathic anes grads cannot practice in some states -- is this true? thanks

amyl said:
I heard that osteopathic anes grads cannot practice in some states -- is this true? thanks

Try checking your other thread.