Mid Term Elections- Lessons Learned

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLADEMDA

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The results of the mid term elections were pretty clear to me that the country is still moderate/centrist and for many states that is the candidate which will win elections. I hope the era of Trump is over and TOXIC TRUMP will go retire in his multiple homes.

Trump the person, isn't good for the GOP or this nation. While I voted for Mr. Trump 2 x in previous elections, I believe his time is past and the nation needs to move on from the man.

We can continue to debate policies, disagree on many issues, but we must work together for the good of the country.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 16 users
The results of the mid term elections were pretty clear to me that the country is still moderate/centrist and for many states that is the candidate which will win elections. I hope the era of Trump is over and TOXIC TRUMP will go retire in his multiple homes.

Trump the person, isn't good for the GOP or this nation. While I voted for Mr. Trump 2 x in previous elections, I believe his time is past and the nation needs to move on from the man.

We can continue to debate policies, disagree on many issues, but we must work together for the good of the country.
You might want to tell that to the entire Republican party, because their number 1 policy seems to be "stop the democrats, not matter what."

Reactions: 12 users

In my opinion one should not be allowed to write this sentence, straight faced, after admitting they voted twice for Trump. There's a lot more I could write but it'd be a waste of time. I don't have the same take home message from mid terms as you.

• Haha
Reactions: 30 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In my opinion one should not be allowed to write this sentence, straight faced, after admitting they voted twice for Trump. There's a lot more I could write but it'd be a waste of time. I don't have the same take home message from mid terms as you.
I am truly sorry for you that you believe 74 million Americans "are a waste of time." Many of them voted for Trump based on his policies not his personality or temperament. I really hope you can refrain from Trump like "name-calling" and realize we are still one nation even if we disagree on the issues.

Reactions: 8 users
His policies of extorting Zelenskyy to announce an investigation of Hunter Biden or else he’d withhold military aide.

His policies of hatching a plan to deny legitimate election results and urging his colleagues to disenfranchise thousands.

Trump is bad for America because he cares about himself before anything else.

His policies of extorting Zelenskyy to announce an investigation of Hunter Biden or else he’d withhold military aide.

His policies of hatching a plan to deny legitimate election results and urging his colleagues to disenfranchise thousands.

Trump is bad for America because he cares about himself before anything else.
I am not sure you read my posts. I am not for Toxic Trump but admit I voted for the man. I would like to see him retire rather than run for President in 2024.
I agree Trump is bad for this nation and hope the GOP voters see it that way as well. His MAGA backed candidates did very poorly in the midterms and if he runs again for President in 2024 he will lose by a lot.

Reactions: 1 users
You might want to tell that to the entire Republican party, because their number 1 policy seems to be "stop the democrats, not matter what."
And what’s the Democratic strategy?? Very hypocritical of you to say that when the dems say the same thing

I always nail my Democratic friends.

I said in 1996. I voted for Clinton even though he was a scum of a person. Bob dole was a “nice guy” but too old. Sound familiar? But no. My dems friends refused to acknowledge Clinton was a scumbag. He really was. Lying cheating but charismatic. And that’s why I voted for him even as Republican. But dems didn’t want to vote for bob dole cause he was too old.

Fast forward to 2020. Biden is too old. But dems didn’t want to vote for scumbag trump. So same dems who said bob dole was too old but defends too old Biden. That’s hypocrisy of the entire Democratic Party.

Reactions: 3 users
I am truly sorry for you that you believe 74 million Americans "are a waste of time." Many of them voted for Trump based on his policies not his personality or temperament. I really hope you can refrain from Trump like "name-calling" and realize we are still one nation even if we disagree on the issues.

You should be above taking my sentence, distorting it’s meaning, and vomiting out something completely different in an effort paint my thoughts or words in a negative manner. Be better, Blade.

Reactions: 1 user
And what’s the Democratic strategy?? Very hypocritical of you to say that when the dems say the same thing

I always nail my Democratic friends.

I said in 1996. I voted for Clinton even though he was a scum of a person. Bob dole was a “nice guy” but too old. Sound familiar? But no. My dems friends refused to acknowledge Clinton was a scumbag. He really was. Lying cheating but charismatic. And that’s why I voted for him even as Republican. But dems didn’t want to vote for bob dole cause he was too old.

Fast forward to 2020. Biden is too old. But dems didn’t want to vote for scumbag trump. So same dems who said bob dole was too old but defends too old Biden. That’s hypocrisy of the entire Democratic Party.

Convenient you have to go back 25 years to find your example while ignoring... I dunno...Anthony Weiner stepping down? Or how about Al Franken stepping down over a photo of a comedic pose of a pretend boob grab? Meanwhile, just a few years ago, a slam dunk pedophile almost won a Senate seat in Alabama just because he was a Republican.

@BLADEMDA 's OP is hollow, unprincipled nonsense. He doesn't call him "toxic trump" because he acknowledges that the guy he voted for twice has 20 sexual assault/harassment allegations against him, or that trump has spent years now propagating the big lie that Americans can't trust in the election system/everything is rigged. Blade is only changing his tune because they lost the Senate and barely, just barely took the House, even in the midst of high inflation and an unpopular president.

Which tells us he'd vote for "toxic trump" again - no matter the collateral damage - if he thought there was any chance that meant an R win.

Reactions: 18 users
Convenient you have to go back 25 years to find your example while ignoring... I dunno...Anthony Weiner stepping down? Or how about Al Franken stepping down over a photo of a comedic pose of a pretend boob grab? Meanwhile, just a few years ago, a slam dunk pedophile almost won a Senate seat in Alabama just because he was a Republican.

@BLADEMDA 's OP is hollow, unprincipled nonsense. He doesn't call him "toxic trump" because he acknowledges that the guy he voted for twice has 20 sexual assault/harassment allegations against him, or that trump has spent years now propagating the big lie that Americans can't trust in the election system/everything is rigged. Blade is only changing his tune because they lost the Senate and barely, just barely took the House, even in the midst of high inflation and an unpopular president.

Which tells us he'd vote for "toxic trump" again - no matter the collateral damage - if he thought there was any chance that meant an R win.
We are talking about president candidates. Trump Biden
Clinton dole

Dems moving the goal posts again

So those die hard dems who voted for Clinton over dole. But voted Biden over trump. Remember both roaring economies at the time. Stock market up.

That’s my point. Dems are hypocrites. Just admit it.

Dems are hypocrites. Just admit it.
Just like this:
Unknown.jpeg

I think it’s safe to say that all politicians and political parties are hypocrites. You’ll be able to find innumerable examples. We’re left with only two choices, so we can only choose from the lesser of two evils.

We are talking about president candidates. Trump Biden
Clinton dole

Dems moving the goal posts again

So those die hard dems who voted for Clinton over dole. But voted Biden over trump. Remember both roaring economies at the time. Stock market up.

That’s my point. Dems are hypocrites. Just admit it.
No, *you* were talking about presidential candidates, and then using that ridiculously small sample size to unfairly generalize your wrongheaded point to every member of a party. If you want to make generalizations, then don’t be a weasel and cherry pick when there are many more elections than just the presidential which demonstrate party values. E.g. look at Herschel Walker.

But even in regard to just presidential candidates, your point is still technically wrong. In actuality the economy was in the toilet at the time of the 2020 election. Now sure, you can say that Covid would’ve made the economy bad for any administration, but trump’s idiotic, flippant handling of the situation certainly made things worse and contributed to his loss.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is Trump the best person the Republicans can nominate? Is Biden the best person the Democrats can nominate? This fighting over which party promises whatever and continues to rack up debt and wars and false promises is frankly ridiculous. The entire political sphere is corrupt. Politicians want to get elected to become powerful and rich. We are the suckers who fight about which ones dreams come true.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Despite disagreeing with a large percentage of democratic/liberal policies and agreeing with many of the Republican / Trump policies (border, affirmative action, taxes, schools, student loan etc), I voted democratic in both of the last two presidential elections. Mainly because trump is not only scum- he also care only for himself and I firmly believe he is willing to destroy the nation if it elevates him.

In this congressional election I basically just looked up if the repub candidates were maga- trump supporters / election deniers / conspiracy theorists ; if so - I voted against them; if not, they got my vote.

If Trump runs again, I will hold my nose and vote democrat.

On the other hand - if the Republican Party nominates pretty much anyone else who isn’t a temper-tantrum-throwing self-centered baby, they have my vote to promote the conservative values I believe in.

The same “moderate” R’s who are saying they need to move on from Trump just voted for Herschel Walker lol. What an absolute joke

I'm an independent. I have voted with both parties at various times. Most politicians are manipulative scumbags who would sell out their mother for the right price. What they want is money and power.

There are few who don't become rich while being in Congress (doing insider trading), or afterwards (as a reward for having been cronies). I have a lot of admiration for the Secret Service people and the Capitol police, because I wouldn't risk my life for them for those peanuts.

The entire American system has become rotten to the core. There should be serious term limits for any power position in any of the three branches. It should be a civic duty to serve, the same as the military, or jury duty. There should be no career politicians, lobbying etc., as when the republic was founded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious question. Does anyone calling Trump “toxic”, think that Hillary Clinton was, in any way/shape/form, a better human being/less “toxic”?? Not talking about which policies you agree/disagree with, simply personal/professional level attitude/personality.

Serious question. Does anyone calling Trump “toxic”, think that Hillary Clinton was, in any way/shape/form, a better human being/less “toxic”?? Not talking about which policies you agree/disagree with, simply personal/professional level attitude/personality.
Yes, and its not even close.

Reactions: 14 users
You must be kidding.

Trump is a malignant narcissist, a walking psychopathology, who doesn't care about anything or anybody else. Clinton is just the regular scumbag politician (like anyone who's been around power for that long). Both of them belong in prison, just for different felonies and lengths of time. The fact that they are both free speaks volumes about "democracy" in America.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 16 users

Most people would agree that Biden is less toxic than Trump.

I'm an independent. I voted with both parties in my life. Most politicians are manipulative scumbags who would sell out their mother for the right price. What they want is money and power.

There are few who don't become rich while being in Congress (doing insider trading), or afterwards (as a reward for having been cronies). I have a lot of admiration for the Secret Service people and the Capitol police, because I wouldn't risk my life for them for those peanuts.

The entire American system has become rotten to the core. There should be serious term limits for any power position in any of the three branches. It should be a civic duty to serve, the same as the military, or jury duty. There should be no career politicians, lobbying etc.

Neither party is the solution. They are the problems. They don't love the country, or its people, just their own wealth.
I’ve often thought we might do better with term limits, and a “selection process” that essentially “drafts” 5-6 potential nominees from the general public, let the public vote on them
You must be kidding.

Trump is a malignant narcissist, a walking psychopathology, who doesn't care about anything or anybody. Clinton is just the regular scumbag politician.
Does Hillary REALLY care about anyone?? Again, a case can be made that they are BOTH about ego/fame/power. In 2016, Hillary had a 30 plus year “track record” of direct and indirect activities in politics, going all the way back to Bill’s days as Gov of Arkansas.

Trump, to most, was just a “flashy businessman”, in 2016. You can make a more serious case for “malignant narcissist”, by the time 2020 rolled around.

We should not have retirement age people running the country. The rate of dementia over 80 is 20% (and I'm not so sure about the rest either).

Biden definitely does not have the IQ one needs to be president. Trump definitely does not have the character. Neither of them will be remembered as one of the great ones.

I believe his time is past and the nation needs to move on from the man.

The nation has moved on from him.

He lost in 2020, and the midterms were a GOP ****show largely because of him again. The GA Senate runoff mostly doesn't matter at this point, but he'll find a way to poison that too, same way he's hard at work sabotaging Desantis' presumptive presidential campaign.

The only people that haven't got the message are the Trump Cultists who still hold sway over most of the GOP. And if you're just now realizing that Trump is a loser ... geez man, I don't know what to tell you. Glad you're awake now?

Reactions: 5 users
Despite disagreeing with a large percentage of democratic/liberal policies and agreeing with many of the Republican / Trump policies (border, affirmative action, taxes, schools, student loan etc), I voted democratic in both of the last two presidential elections. Mainly because trump is not only scum- he also care only for himself and I firmly believe he is willing to destroy the nation if it elevates him.

In this congressional election I basically just looked up if the repub candidates were maga- trump supporters / election deniers / conspiracy theorists ; if so - I voted against them; if not, they got my vote.

If Trump runs again, I will hold my nose and vote democrat.

On the other hand - if the Republican Party nominates pretty much anyone else who isn’t a temper-tantrum-throwing self-centered baby, they have my vote to promote the conservative values I believe in.

Problem is these “conservative values” are not fiscal responsibility. The Republican Party now just spews out garbage about stopping abortions, stopping CRT, and pretends to care about fiscal responsibility while decreasing corporate taxes.

Reactions: 6 users
Trump/MAGA is so over that Democrats capitalized on it during the primaries. If more moderate R candidates had advanced beyond the primaries, the November results would not have been the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hillary was deeply flawed but she wasn’t toxic like Trump. Everything trump touches dies. He cares not one bit about anything unless it benefits him.

You must be kidding.

Trump is a malignant narcissist, a walking psychopathology, who doesn't care about anything or anybody else. Clinton is just the regular scumbag politician (like anyone who's been around power for that long). Both of them belong in prison, just for different felonies and lengths of time. The fact that they are both free speaks volumes about "democracy" in America.
What felony did Hillary do?

Problem is these “conservative values” are not fiscal responsibility. The Republican Party now just spews out garbage about stopping abortions, stopping CRT, and pretends to care about fiscal responsibility while decreasing corporate taxes.

No one votes as a monolith. I do disagree with some things the republicans have been pushing.

Ie I am more of a liberal on promoting gun control.
Abortion- I don’t really care much but I think we should have a consistent federal law, maybe 15-20 weeks or something.

Border - dems are ridiculous. You need complete control or you don’t have a country.

CRT/ dei / AA / lgbtq / transgender stuff etc — the rebublican push this stuff because the democrats are insane. Some of it yes, is exaggerated - but you can’t design sweeping policies, curriculum and corporate rules around this stuff or it makes a large majority of people very mad. And they are.

Fiscal - both parties have been irresponsible. But the democrats moreso. And they are more into redistribution politics.

Hilary was a scumbag and corrupt. Trump was on a whole new level in that he pushed clear lies that not only promoted himself personally (as Hilary did) - but they actually threatened our country and a peaceful transition of power.

Trump’s LD50 finally caught up to his ED50

• Haha
No, *you* were talking about presidential candidates, and then using that ridiculously small sample size to unfairly generalize your wrongheaded point to every member of a party. If you want to make generalizations, then don’t be a weasel and cherry pick when there are many more elections than just the presidential which demonstrate party values. E.g. look at Herschel Walker.

But even in regard to just presidential candidates, your point is still technically wrong. In actuality the economy was in the toilet at the time of the 2020 election. Now sure, you can say that Covid would’ve made the economy bad for any administration, but trump’s idiotic, flippant handling of the situation certainly made things worse and contributed to his loss.
My point is dems (a lot of my colleagues) pretty shut up when I present them with Clinton dole

Vs Biden trump

You cannot defend ur reasoning choosing Clinton in 1996 if u are a democrat saying dole was too old

Notice NO DEMOCRAT ON THIS BOARD has defended their reasoning for choosing Clinton. Over dole in 1996. No one. If they thought trump was a scumbag (which he is). And the dems STILL CHOSE CLINTON as well despite him being scumbag

And outside of Covid fiasco. Trump likely get re-elected. Biden had no shot prior to Covid. It took a lot of factors to have Biden win

So tell me if u are old enough to vote in 1996. Dems?? Tell me why u chose Clinton over dole despite his morality problems.

I’m just gonna to drop the mic now. Case closed.

• Hmm
My point is dems (a lot of my colleagues) pretty shut up when I present them with Clinton dole

Vs Biden trump

You cannot defend ur reasoning choosing Clinton in 1996 if u are a democrat saying dole was too old

Notice NO DEMOCRAT ON THIS BOARD has defended their reasoning for choosing Clinton. Over dole in 1996. No one. If they thought trump was a scumbag (which he is). And the dems STILL CHOSE CLINTON as well despite him being scumbag

And outside of Covid fiasco. Trump likely get re-elected. Biden had no shot prior to Covid. It took a lot of factors to have Biden win

So tell me if u are old enough to vote in 1996. Dems?? Tell me why u chose Clinton over dole despite his morality problems.

Good god man, you sound exhausting to discuss politics with. Save your mic drops. lol

Personally, I wasn't old enough to vote in 1996. I am not a republican or a democrat. At most I would be an independent or something. Both parties are **** and all politicians basically suck balls at this point. But the democratic party is doing a better job of sucking less.

Reactions: 7 users

Vs Biden trump

Wasn’t old enough to vote, but in general comparing politics now versus many years ago is apples and oranges. Why would a politicians character or their age many years ago in a completely separate race have anything to do with current opinion about bidens age and trumps character.

Vs Biden trump

What in the world are you talking about? Slick Willy was as slippery as they come but he was nowhere near the criminal trump is. Ask any republican, they did very well under clinton. The country prospered under Clinton.

Benghazi? Whitewater?
The e-mail fiasco.

No regular citizen would avoid prison for forwarding state secrets (she was secretary of state) to his own email server, then deleting a ton of them (instead of archiving them, as required by law). If you think Trump deserves to go to prison for what he recently did with classified documents (and he does), so did Hillary.

Bill Clinton lied under oath. Martha Stewart went to prison for less (lying to the FBI), and she was just a private citizen, not the most important person in the State.

Ask yourself: would you or I avoid prison for the crap these people pulled? If the answer is no, you know their party is dirty, and so is the whole system.

Even now, Trump is running for president basically for immunity purposes.

Reactions: 2 users

Vs Biden trump

Lol, not only is this whataboutism, it's about the weakest kind there is since you're trying to compare 25 year old apples to today's oranges. At the end of the day, whatever perceived or real corruption the Clintons engaged in pales in comparison to he former president.

I wasn't old enough to vote in 1996. But even if I was, knowing what I know about Bill now I would've voted third party. That being said, I didn't want to vote for Biden either, but I did so because trump is probably the first president in over a century who posed (and still poses) an almost existential threat to democracy and the country.

Reactions: 2 users
What felony did Hillary do?

While "but her emails!" has become something of a sarcastic meme, and really pales in comparison to some of the things Trump pulled while President and after he left office, it was a genuinely serious issue. At best she illegally and knowingly used a private email server to evade archiving laws and potential oversight. At worst there were security risks and breaches/loss of sensitive information. But we'll never know because it was all wiped (which was another crime).

It's sad that Trump elevated the corruption game and shifted that normalcy window so much that it seems like a small thing, today.

• Love
Yep. Watergate seems like something minor compared to what counts as "normal" today.

There are a number of individuals, in both parties, whose most patriotic lifetime deed would be to retire from politics and public life. No surprise that extremists feel the need to "retire" some of them.

What in the world are you talking about? Slick Willy was as slippery as they come but he was nowhere near the criminal trump is. Ask any republican, they did very well under clinton. The country prospered under Clinton.
Lying under oath is a felony. That is criminal as u get especially for someone with a law degree. Basics trust of a law degree says you don’t lie. It’s equivalent to doctor death first do no harm. The very basic nature of being a lawyer is do not lie under oath. He even admitted it years later as history becomes kinder as you age away from the presidency.

And bam. Like clockwork “the country prosper under clinton” typical response. Clinton left bush 43 in a recession. In the middle of a massive 40% drop in stocks starting right after the peak aol/time Warner merger in Jan 2000 and crashing sep 11 2001. People forget that.

People are what they want to see. The country prosper under bush 43 as well. Raising home prices. Raising stock. Bush 43 just happen to be in office in 2008. If he left a year earlier. Then he would have had the same “the nation did well under bush 43 from 2002-early 2008”. It did really well. We all know that. But all dems want to think about is bush 43 and the 2008 collapse.

And it was clinton in 1997 and the dems loosened housing regulations and lending that really led to the boom and bust of the housing market

But dems just don’t really want to acknowledge what I’m writing. It’s all the truth.

I see everything.

Our politics have always been heated in America, but at the end of the day we shook hands and generally got along (since the civil war days). Now, each side is so entrenched, dug in, that even after the elections are over we can't shake hands and try to get along. I think most people are centrists and regardless of party, they want to see compromise and our nation prosper. I truly hope the GOP will learn from this election and stop with the MAGA candidates; return to the mainstream conservatives of just 8 years ago to bring the party back to sanity.

As for the Democrats, where are the Bill Clintons of the past in terms of policies? Sure, I may not have voted for Bill Clinton but the country prospered under his leadership. Are we prospering today? Is the Biden Presidency good for America? Can we do better? I certainly believe we can but not with Donald Trump.

As crazy as he was/is, trump is still a much better candidate than both Hilary and Biden. Hence, the lesser evil if you will. So you can’t fault blade for voting for him

• Dislike
  • Okay...
As crazy as he was/is, trump is still a much better candidate than both Hilary and Biden. Hence, the lesser evil if you will. So you can’t fault blade for voting for him
I totally agree. People want to see candidates as visionaries. Even if they are crazy like trump.

Tell u what. I voted for trump twice as well. And I will tell u this. Hillary is just so outdated. Same with Biden. Offers nothing

Trump is nuts. We all know that. But boring doesn’t get the job done. Biden hasn’t and will not get anything done.

U really think Putin would have invaded Ukraine if trump were president? No way. U wanna to know why? Because crazy people like Putin know not to mess with crazier people like trump who has access to bigger weapons. Crazies know crazies. That’s why Putin didn’t mess with trump. He knows Biden won’t do jack. Biden basically got the presidency as a participation trophy award. That’s all. He’s 80 now. Everything has to be scripted with him. We all know about his dementia. They have to choreograph everything to make him look good on tv and press releases.

• Dislike
I totally agree. People want to see candidates as visionaries. Even if they are crazy like trump.

Tell u what. I voted for trump twice as well. And I will tell u this. Hillary is just so outdated. Same with Biden. Offers nothing

Trump is nuts. We all know that. But boring doesn’t get the job done. Biden hasn’t and will not get anything done.

U really think Putin would have invaded Ukraine if trump were president? No way. U wanna to know why? Because crazy people like Putin know not to mess with crazier people like trump who has access to bigger weapons. Crazies know crazies. That’s why Putin didn’t mess with trump. He knows Biden won’t do jack. Biden basically got the presidency as a participation trophy award. That’s all. He’s 80 now. Everything has to be scripted with him. We all know about his dementia. They have to choreograph everything to make him look good on tv and press releases.
No, you got that totally wrong. Putin's invasion of Ukraine is due to Putin not wanting Ukraine to get closer to America and NATO, representing an existential threat on their border. He didn't have to worry about that when Trump was in office because Trump was always causing turmoil in NATO, threatening to withdraw etc. Trump himself even extorted Zelanskyy to try to withhold military aid from Ukraine. Trump was making all the wrong decisions to the advantage of Russia. Putin of course is gonna let that idiot keep making the wrong decisions for him. Doesn't need to invade Ukraine when everything's going Putin's way already with the help of Trump.
Trump even called Putin a genius after invading...that shows you exactly the kind of dumb respect he has for Putin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.