Low OAT/High GPA. What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adriandra97

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I was wondering what are my chances of getting into a program if I have a 3.8 GPA overall/3.7 total science and OAT scores of 290 AA/ 280 TS. NSUCO is my top choice and once I sent my unofficial scores to them in August, they called me and said to retake my OAT and that they might refer me to their prep program. So now I have my test scheduled this Thursday. However, 2 weeks ago I was sent an email that NSUCO was asking an interview with me. I was in shock, I thought they would put me on hold until I retake my OAT. I went in last week Friday for the interview and I think I did well, they did not ask me about my academic performance at all or my OAT. Only basic questions, and mostly based on my personal statement, about myself..., why optometry, etc... So they said, they’ll get back to me on Thursday with their decision and I take the test that day. What do you guys think? Do they say yes, no, or waitlisted until new OAT scores??? or after you interview with them is just yes or no?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am in the same situation where I have a low OAT score but a high GPA.
I just wanted to know if you heard back from NSUCO as yet or have you heard from any other school you applied to?