Low Science GPA and SMP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dentlow

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone I need your honest opinion.

I just did a spreadsheet that was provided online to calculate all my GPAs for dental school and my stats look like:
oGPA: 3.190
sGPA: 2.667 (w/o BCP) 2.899 (w/ BCP)
BCP: 3.305
Non-Science: 3.621

What do you think my odds are with this low science GPA? I started off school with a very strong GPA, above a 3.5 in all categories, but due to personal issues my GPA fell drastically and I had to retake about three classes. I figured everything out and think I can do well in a masters program.

I take the DAT in a month but my practice scores are AA: 23-25 and PAT: 25.

With my low GPA do you think I have a chance if I do well in my SMP?