LSU Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daverad

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how far the LSU campus is from New Orleans. Also, does anyone know what neighborhood NOT to live in around LSU. I am married with 2 kids and have very little $$ (after tuition and all)but do not want to move where my kids cannot play outside. I would really like to go to LSU (I'm looking for an undergrad school to transfer into as a Jr) but have to take into accout the safety of my family and $$. Any help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

LSU-Baton Rouge is about 80 miles from New Orleans. (It takes a little over an hour to get there from here.) I'm not really sure what neighborhoods to tell you to stay out of in Baton Rouge, but I can tell you that there were families in the apartment complex where I lived. I lived in Plantation Trace. It is really close to campus, in a safe neighborhood, and located on the LSU bus line. It is by no means fancy or anything, but it is sufficient for a college student and his/her family if necessary. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks jewel for the response. Do you know what the average rent is for the area for a 3 Bdrm apt. Ballpark figure is fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi again. At Plantation Trace, it was $600/month for a 3 bedroom. I'm sure it has gone up a little since 1999, though. That is the only apt, complex that I am familiar with in Baton Rouge.

slacking off at work again, eh jewel :p?

Just trying to help out a fellow tiger fan. Aren't you the slacker, puffy?

as the French say, "oui, oui!"