2023-2024 LSU - Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilly_md

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
2023-2024 LSU Shreveport

1. Briefly describe the key motivational factor(s) in your decision to apply to LSU Health Shreveport and any additional information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Admissions Committee in consideration of your application. (500 characters)

2. Second prompt for reapplicants: PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION ONLY IF YOU ARE A RE-APPLICANT TO LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT. Since your previous medical school application, what academic, employment, volunteer experiences or other progress have you made that make you a more competitive applicant? (2000 characters)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Prompt:

Briefly describe the key motivational factor(s) in your decision to apply to LSU Health Shreveport and any additional information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Admissions Committee in consideration of your application. (500 characters)

Second prompt for reapplicants: PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION ONLY IF YOU ARE A RE-APPLICANT TO LSU HEALTH SHREVEPORT. Since your previous medical school application, what academic, employment, volunteer experiences or other progress have you made that make you a more competitive applicant? (2000 characters)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone received an email like this “Thank you for completing our Secondary Application. Your file is now under preliminary review. When there is a change in your status, you will receive an email or, in some cases, a phone call from the Admissions office. This could be a matter of days or weeks.”
I’m an OOS applicant and submitted my application Friday.

Last edited:
Anyone received an email like this “Thank you for completing our Secondary Application. Your file is now under preliminary review. When there is a change in your status, you will receive an email or, in some cases, a phone call from the Admissions office. This could be a matter of days or weeks.”
yes, received the same email when I submitted secondary.

IS ED “under active review” 8/11

Reactions: 3 users
I'm IS RD and got this email 8/14

Reactions: 2 users
Is there another step after being under preliminary review or is that the same as under review?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an OOS II then 2 mins later got an email saying it was an error like bro

• Care
Wow that’s insane, just got super excited because it would’ve been my first of the cycle.

• Care
Maybe they’re getting ready to send IIs out though for RD?

Kinda sloppy on their end for a mistake like that to happen. This is our livelihood they are playing with, lol.

Reactions: 1 users
IS II RD!!! Completed 7/11
After a roller coaster of emotions yesterday, I have gotten my first of the cycle!

• Love
IS II 11 minutes ago! I guess i can forgive this school for the pain they put me through yesterday 🙄

• Love
  • Haha
I got an email about being under “active review” 8/31 but I did not get the mistake email about II the day before. Did anyone else get an email about being under “active review”? If so have you gotten an II yet?

Last edited:
OOS II today!! Minimal ties to state. Excited but shocked for this one!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone that interviewed already know the date they are sending letters? In the interview I had Dr. Thomas said they met today, and letters would go out shortly after. I emailed the coordinator about something different, and she said we would receive letters week of Oct 16th.

Anyone that interviewed already know the date they are sending letters? In the interview I had Dr. Thomas said they met today, and letters would go out shortly after. I emailed the coordinator about something different, and she said we would receive letters week of Oct 16th.
Sign up for USPS Informed Delivery (it’s free). You’ll get notified with pictures of the mail headed to your address whenever it hits a sorting center.

I have it just don't want to be checking it every day for the next two weeks :rofl:

Any OOS with HEAVY LA ties got an II? I’m coming on about 6 weeks since submitting secondary. Was an LA res until about 9 mo ago.

According to informed delivery, my letter comes in today!