You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 LSU - Shreveport
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
scribedoc01
New Member
According to informed delivery, i have a letter coming in today! Interviewed 4/2.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to informed delivery, I have a letter coming in the mail today & I interviewed on 4/2, also. I am so nervous!
scribedoc01
New Member
y'all I got the A 😭
congratulationsy'all I got the A 😭
whodattiger02
Full Member
Interviewed 4/9 and just got an email to fill out a background check saying I was either waitlisted or accepted. Informed delivery says my letter is coming soon too so we'll see. Pretty sure it's just for a waitlist position because that's what they told us on interview day but either way at least it's not a R
whodattiger02
Full Member
I just checked my AMCAS and the "select your med school" tool was added and I got the acceptance. Praise God let's goooooo. I'm gonna be a doctorInterviewed 4/9 and just got an email to fill out a background check saying I was either waitlisted or accepted. Informed delivery says my letter is coming soon too so we'll see. Pretty sure it's just for a waitlist position because that's what they told us on interview day but either way at least it's not a R
CongratulationsI just checked my AMCAS and the "select your med school" tool was added and I got the acceptance. Praise God let's goooooo. I'm gonna be a doctor
scribedoc01
New Member
Were yall invited to join the Facebook group or did yall have to request it?
Yeah I got an email saying to joinWere yall invited to join the Facebook group or did yall have to request it?
futuremedmonkey
Full Member
Anybody in the group me and FB have a count of people leaving after today’s decision day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you have made up your mind that you would rather attend another school, a huge congratulations and good luck! I hope you have made that educated decision talking to family, friends, supporters and in communication with schools.
Just a friendly reminder: Please withdraw your acceptance here if you decide to attend another program.
Sincerely,
People on the waitlist
Just a friendly reminder: Please withdraw your acceptance here if you decide to attend another program.
Sincerely,
People on the waitlist
I have not seen anyone leave the group me today, but I think the Facebook group was at 115 the other day and now its at 113. The group me is at 78 and that is all accepted students.Anybody in the group me and FB have a count of people leaving after today’s decision day?
whodattiger02
Full Member
I just gave up my seat at LSU Shreveport! I hope that one of you get the A you're dreaming of! Best of luck
Does anyone know when they're meeting again? Or when the WL is supposed to start moving?
Does anyone know when they're meeting again? Or when the WL is supposed to start moving?
I’m not positive but I’d assume they start taking people from the waitlist this upcoming week since people are choosing 1 school now
PacdbiGracy
Full Member
Got the A, letter in the mail!!!
louisianatechfuturedoc
New Member
Today?Got the A, letter in the mail!!!
PacdbiGracy
Full Member
Today?
Yes!
futuremedmonkey
Full Member
Got the A, letter in the mail!!!
Did anyone else get one? I’m currently waitlisted and have been consistently checking but still not letter.
louisianatechfuturedoc
New Member
same boat as youDid anyone else get one? I’m currently waitlisted and have been consistently checking but still not letter.
same boat as you
Same here
Congrats! Are you IS or OOS?Got the A, letter in the mail!!!
PacdbiGracy
Full Member
Congrats! Are you IS or OOS?
Thank you, OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
how close were your ties?Thank you, OOS
PacdbiGracy
Full Member
how close were your ties?
Family ties to Shreveport and other areas in Louisiana.
futuredoc1526
Full Member
Accepted today! OOS and waitlisted early March
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
I do too and am hoping to get in this cycle. Any tips on how to show LSU that you want to go to shreveport?Family ties to Shreveport and other areas in Louisiana.
PacdbiGracy
Full Member
I do too and am hoping to get in this cycle. Any tips on how to show LSU that you want to go to shreveport?
Honestly since interview season is over I would call admissions, the dean, and/or email whoever you interviewed with and explain ties to Shreveport and how much value you will add to the school. If all else fails I would see if they offer an application review. I've heard of some people getting a spot when doing this if there are still seats available for the cycle. Hope this helps. Keep pushing you got this!
PacdbiGracy
Full Member
Is there an accepted student GroupMe?
Yeah, they should send you an email with a link to join itIs there an accepted student GroupMe?
futuremedmonkey
Full Member
Any acceptances lately?
harry_potter138
Full Member
OOS and got a tuition waver but will be turning it down and giving up my acceptance
PacdbiGracy
Full Member
For those of you who’ve been accepted and received the Facebook link. The groupme link is a post on the Facebook page from one of the admin on March 6th.
IS Received A today. On WL since February.Any acceptances lately?
Quilts_and_crochet
New Member
IS A today. Interviewed 2/13 and WL in February.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuremedmonkey
Full Member
IS A today. Interviewed 2/13 and WL in February.
IS Received A today. On WL since February.
Did y’all get a phone call or a letter in the mail?
seahorselover
New Member
Did they ask y’all to confirm your address before sending your letters?
Wondering the same thing. I got an email on Friday to verify my contact information.Did they ask y’all to confirm your address before sending your letters?
calatheagirl
New Member
OOS Acceptance today!! I got an email Friday to confirm my contact information and was wondering if it meant an acceptance. I haven't received a letter in the mail yet, but I found out through the Facebook invite and all the onboarding emails and AMCAS tool.
Letter in the mailDid y’all get a phone call or a letter in the mail?